Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree33Likes

Xray RX8 1/8th Scale

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Giant655
Bump. I picked up a 2013 spec to race next year. My first 8th scale ride. What breaks on these? What are the weak links? Gonna start stockpiling parts now so any info would be great
Set up you car correctly according to your driving preference or simply follow the basic setup for initial setup.

No need to buy RX8 spare parts at the begining of ownership. RX8 is a strong, well built car....... You buy new parts only when they become damage, or not straight. After few months of racing with RX8, you will have some ideas which parts are needed to be ready.

However, you still need these parts to be ready inside your pitbox :

extra screws
front , rear, middle belts
1st gear one way housing
clutch shoes
spur gears
pinion gears
wheel, belt, centax bearings
thrust bearings
glow plugs for engine
after run oil for engine
premium bearing oil or tamiya ceramic grease for bearing, which can be use for lubricating CVD universal dogbones, thrust bearings.
silicone sprays for cleaning belts
brake cleaner spray for cleaning 2nd gear housing and 2nd gear clutch shoe
Old 12-27-2013, 12:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've seen drivers do a full national series with the RX8 and only replace a wish bone and an upright.

It's an extremely tough car, I think if you're going to crash into things, bits like wish bones, bulk heads, uprights are a good set of spares to have.

But as mentioned before:

Spur Gears, Belts, Bearings and 1st Gear One way housing are essential parts.

Last edited by JamesHealey; 12-27-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The one way in the 2 speed really? Goes through enough stress to slip after enough time?
It IS my first 8th scale ride so im feeling cautious to buy arms and bulkheads and whatnot.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Double post
Old 12-30-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I ran the car this past outdoor season and I'd have to agree, it's a great car. I'm not just saying that because it's an Xray, but I learned to drive 8th scale for the first time and it's fast and stood up to me learning the different driving from 10th to 8th. I broke the radio box but didn't replace it. The last race of the season the 2 speed housing went during the main, but that's more my fault than the cars. I payed 99% of the time working on my NT1 since the RX8 was only for club racing and just didn't do basic maintenance.

I'm hoping the car doesn't go through many changes for 2014 because this years kit was great. Also I plan to buy spare parts this year.

Originally Posted by asw7576
Set up you car correctly according to your driving preference or simply follow the basic setup for initial setup.

No need to buy RX8 spare parts at the begining of ownership. RX8 is a strong, well built car....... You buy new parts only when they become damage, or not straight. After few months of racing with RX8, you will have some ideas which parts are needed to be ready.

However, you still need these parts to be ready inside your pitbox :

extra screws
front , rear, middle belts
1st gear one way housing
clutch shoes
spur gears
pinion gears
wheel, belt, centax bearings
thrust bearings
glow plugs for engine
after run oil for engine
premium bearing oil or tamiya ceramic grease for bearing, which can be use for lubricating CVD universal dogbones, thrust bearings.
silicone sprays for cleaning belts
brake cleaner spray for cleaning 2nd gear housing and 2nd gear clutch shoe
Old 01-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
I ran the car this past outdoor season and I'd have to agree, it's a great car. I'm not just saying that because it's an Xray, but I learned to drive 8th scale for the first time and it's fast and stood up to me learning the different driving from 10th to 8th. I broke the radio box but didn't replace it. The last race of the season the 2 speed housing went during the main, but that's more my fault than the cars. I payed 99% of the time working on my NT1 since the RX8 was only for club racing and just didn't do basic maintenance.

I'm hoping the car doesn't go through many changes for 2014 because this years kit was great. Also I plan to buy spare parts this year.
Good on you .... Happy New Year 2014 and remember : setup up your car correctly and dont stock too much spare parts.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Big update coming for the Xray RX8 according to REDRC.net

"Xray today announced the soon release of a highly revamped RX8 kit. The company’s 1/8th scale nitro platform is around for some time now with the latest incarnation being the 2013 Spec edition, released back in April last year. The Slovakian manufacturer now promises an all-new platform without going onto detail yet. We bring you more information as soon as we get them." - REDRC.NET
Old 02-09-2014, 03:30 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by JamesHealey
Big update coming for the Xray RX8 according to REDRC.net

"Xray today announced the soon release of a highly revamped RX8 kit. The company’s 1/8th scale nitro platform is around for some time now with the latest incarnation being the 2013 Spec edition, released back in April last year. The Slovakian manufacturer now promises an all-new platform without going onto detail yet. We bring you more information as soon as we get them." - REDRC.NET
No.spec no detail yet. I think it will be launched in 2015
Old 03-10-2014, 06:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Rx8

How does this work 1/8 onroad this car just came out a year ago.How often does xray update there 700 hundred car I almost bought one.I still want one but don't want do buy one and it be out of date in a year
Old 03-10-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emancipation007
How does this work 1/8 onroad this car just came out a year ago.How often does xray update there 700 hundred car I almost bought one.I still want one but don't want do buy one and it be out of date in a year
They update it every year, the XRAY way.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

So you buy a updated kit every year or a whole new car
Old 03-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emancipation007
So you buy a updated kit every year or a whole new car
They usually have an update kit.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The car is for sure coming out and will be on a new platform. To what degree we will have to see.

These cars are already so good, will be interesting.

Nice thing about Xray you can buy new kits as the parts last for a LONG TIME, reduce your racing budget......run an Xray!
Old 03-13-2014, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

I am just getting back into 1/8 RC purely because my son is getting very interested in radio control (he got interested in mini z 3 months ago and is already faster than me although my reflexes surely aren't what they used to be).

Ended up buying two RX8s for both my sons and have started to build them. Will be interesting to see how things have changed this last few years since I have been out of the hobby (my last car was an MRX3 some 10 odd years ago). Started to build the RX8, and so little appears ln the face of it to have changed technology wise on the chassis front compared to the radios (no more crystals- wow!).

Also just picked up a Motonica for comparisons sake. Will be interesting to see what the new design holds in the Rx8 replacement.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Harold996tt
I am just getting back into 1/8 RC purely because my son is getting very interested in radio control (he got interested in mini z 3 months ago and is already faster than me although my reflexes surely aren't what they used to be).

Ended up buying two RX8s for both my sons and have started to build them. Will be interesting to see how things have changed this last few years since I have been out of the hobby (my last car was an MRX3 some 10 odd years ago). Started to build the RX8, and so little appears ln the face of it to have changed technology wise on the chassis front compared to the radios (no more crystals- wow!).

Also just picked up a Motonica for comparisons sake. Will be interesting to see what the new design holds in the Rx8 replacement.
Lucky man! I am luck if I can buy one kit :-), you bought two RX8s plus a Motonica.

Please share some pics of your Scuderia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.