Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ntc3 /sirio.18 Or Picco.21 Maxx Mid Block Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Ntc3 /sirio.18 Or Picco.21 Maxx Mid Block Help

I want to install either the Sirio .18 or the Picco .21 mid block into my Hardcore NTC3. I was running the RB Innovations supercharger with an O.S.cvr .15 and it did make the car faster but it consummed way to much fuel. Any input would be helpful. I'm sure their will be thoose of you that say way bother and to you is if it is different / unique i want to do it. Please give comments and advise about the possible install problums i may run into,or your Ideas to mace it all come together.
PLEASE HELP
Old 07-02-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if you put that .21 ofna in there, you might have to upgrade you transmission to handle the power.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Ntc3 /sirio.18 Or Picco.21 Maxx Mid Block Help

Originally posted by EJEEP
I want to install either the Sirio .18 or the Picco .21 mid block into my Hardcore NTC3. I was running the RB Innovations supercharger with an O.S.cvr .15 and it did make the car faster but it consummed way to much fuel. Any input would be helpful. I'm sure their will be thoose of you that say way bother and to you is if it is different / unique i want to do it. Please give comments and advise about the possible install problums i may run into,or your Ideas to mace it all come together.
PLEASE HELP
one possible problem will be that you will probably burn up the rear diff
Old 07-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok .. just some thoughts on this .. if those are the engines that were designed to go into the T-Maxx about the only thing that I wold be worried about is fuel tank clearence .. will what ever started that comes with the motor or whatever you plan to use will it fit in .. the front of those motors and the crank shaft length were designed to fit into a .15 size engine opening .. exhaust would be another concern .. what style output .. side exhaust and if so will the AE header fit .. would one have to be modified .. rear wxhaust .. again what size is the port .. will the AE header work ..will it lean far enough to clean the side of the block for the AE two chamber pipe .. with either I would seriously consider NOT using a 2 speed .. all that torque and power would most likely kill the two speed in a hurry .. as far as the rear diff burning up .. just put in a spool since this will most likely be for play .. or for unlimited racing .. slap in a spool and a one way and go have fun ..

have fun racing everybody

E

Old 12-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Rookie

I ordered a sirio .18tz to go in my ntc3 and I was wondering if I had to order any other parts such as a clutch bell or could I use the old one from the stock engine? Any info would be great
Old 12-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrospeeed
I ordered a sirio .18tz to go in my ntc3 and I was wondering if I had to order any other parts such as a clutch bell or could I use the old one from the stock engine? Any info would be great
A Sirio .18TZ??? I think you mean OS .18TZ.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

If you guys put in a .21 motor that is a high output engine you may have a problem with your diffs spur gears lasting. I purchased a steel spur gear from Ofna and attached it to my associated rear soild axle ( spool ) . After I did that mod no more chewed up spur gears.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
A Sirio .18TZ??? I think you mean OS .18TZ.
Sorry I meant sirio .18tx