Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
When can we expect RCAmerica to have the full SRC product line in stock so some of us smaller shops don't have to order 2 or 3 times? Thanks
The bodies should be in a week or so. The tires will follow shortly after that.

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Drew let's just agree on our differences and not carry this on for the good of our sport! Truce?
Well said, truce. Sorry that it went this way. Wish you the best.

Originally Posted by nitrodude
The problem, Mr. Ellis, is that you are known to be an RCAmerica/Hudy, Xray representative and driver. Whatever you say, weather its just your opinion or not, will be seen as an RCAmerica statement.

You have to be very carefull what you say in this industry, you need to watch what you say and the words you use, specially if you're a company representative. Otherwise you risk pissing off people that may not drive an Xray, but that buy other products from RCAmerica. You just have to be a little smarter with your choice of words.

Thats they way I see it.
Yes I fully understand that sometimes I don't know when to shut my mouth. I am very passionate about this sport and the company's that support me. Please don't take it personal thats just me not RCAmerica. My comments were not very professional, but sometimes I have to say whats on my mind. After all I am just human.

Originally Posted by 1fastmxcn
Well put bro, always say what's on your mind.
Thanks, thats just how I am.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It's all fair, but you might cost those companies that support you customers if you always say what's on your mind. This an industry in which the old saying "what wins on sunday sells on monday" fits perfectly, and there's also a lot of people that will buy a product just because a known driver said it was better than the product from the competition. A lot of people could be swayed by what you say and buy your product, but a lot of other ones might also be turned off.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

GOOD TO see you guys worked it out
Old 11-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Good luck as well Drew.....but my cars faster than yours!!!! Lmao j/k
Old 11-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

It's all fair, but you might cost those companies that support you customers if you always say what's on your mind. This an industry in which the old saying "what wins on sunday sells on monday" fits perfectly, and there's also a lot of people that will buy a product just because a known driver said it was better than the product from the competition. A lot of people could be swayed by what you say and buy your product, but a lot of other ones might also be turned off.
Isn't that business 101. If you think what wins on Sundays sell on Mondays thats not the fact anymore people these days buy and support what they want sometimes the car that wins on Sunday people don't want to support just cause they always win, they want to be different. I feel its what companys do with there support make people want to buy there product winning is just a bonus. This is what I think not RCAmerica, but I understand where you are coming from. Are customers always know as a company we stand behind them and give full support. I feel thats what makes a difference in people choosing the product to buy. Not what one driver says or what wins on Sundays. Its about the whole package. Great product great company with full support.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

anyhow, Hey drew- Is Xray or Src going to make composite diff gears for the NT1? And what sort of timeline are they on for gear diffs for the T3?
Old 11-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Good luck as well Drew.....but my cars faster than yours!!!! Lmao j/k

It may be, but my horse won the Worlds...: j/k

You too.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
anyhow, Hey drew- Is Xray or Src going to make composite diff gears for the NT1? And what sort of timeline are they on for gear diffs for the T3?
Patrick

SRC have the composite diff gears we have them in stock now. Its what Ralph has been running. They are working on the gear diff for the T3, but as you know they have a lot of stuff going on. I would think in the next month we should hear something.

Thanks Drew
Attached Thumbnails RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy-69119516_src102.jpg  
Old 11-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Patrick

SRC have the composite diff gears we have them in stock now
Thanks Drew
cool what do those retail for for a set? (car set, 2 diffs)

And I noticed you guys came up with a different rear camber link setup. Care to share the parts involved in that?
Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

cool what do those retail for for a set? (car set, 2 diffs)

And I noticed you guys came up with a different rear camber link setup. Care to share the parts involved in that?

I the retail price is around $24.00 to $30.00 for a set "2 diffs". Part number RCA88102.

New rear camber link, thats news to me. Are you talking about the NT1 or T3'11?

I made a DLS system but after talking with Ralph we never tried it.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Nitro, Drew is very passionate about this hobby/sport. We all have to remember that "most" of us are in this as a hobby and some make a living at this. The way I see it is that others come on this thread not to bash but to make some statements about other cars, blah, blah, blah.....this is not the where you should do that. This is a RCAmerica/Xray, Hudy thread with others also coming on here to make some off statements.

I for one would not change a brand of car because a representative said something negative about whatever..............I buy a brand of car because of the support I get. I have never been let down by RCAmerica or Xtray. I met Drew last weekend and without any issues, Drew helped myself many others out in the pits because HE wanted to.......

If you guys feel a little turned off by some remarks when they are instigated by someone else in a public forum, then maybe you should either not read these forums or get thicker skin......my opinion.

Drew and Ralph did a great job last weekend and if YOU were here at this race you could have gotten help or support from either one of the guys i would think your remarks on this forum would be different.

I wish all of you good luck and good racing from here on out.....Now let's get back to the questions for Drew.

Ronnie
Old 11-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

New rear camber link, thats news to me. Are you talking about the NT1 or T3'11?

Thanks Drew
Its not a new link, its just some different hardware ralph had on his rear end camber links that was different than what I got.

top right pic
http://events.redrc.net/event-galler...ds/?nggpage=2#
Old 11-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Isn't that business 101. If you think what wins on Sundays sell on Mondays thats not the fact anymore people these days buy and support what they want sometimes the car that wins on Sunday people don't want to support just cause they always win, they want to be different. I feel its what companys do with there support make people want to buy there product winning is just a bonus. This is what I think not RCAmerica, but I understand where you are coming from. Are customers always know as a company we stand behind them and give full support. I feel thats what makes a difference in people choosing the product to buy. Not what one driver says or what wins on Sundays. Its about the whole package. Great product great company with full support.

Thanks Drew
+1 Drew & spelling was A+ but grammar C- See ya @ the pre worlds
Old 11-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Its not a new link, its just some different hardware ralph had on his rear end camber links that was different than what I got.

top right pic
http://events.redrc.net/event-galler...ds/?nggpage=2#

Oh ok. Thats was just a precaution because some drivers were popping links off and Fabio from SRC and Max Power wanted us do it. We just used a longer screw with some washes so the llink would not pop off under a hit. Good thing we did this because we took a pretty hard hit in the start.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Oh ok. Thats was just a precaution because some drivers were popping links off and Fabio from SRC and Max Power wanted us do it. We just used a longer screw with some washes so the llink would not pop off under a hit. Good thing we did this because we took a pretty hard hit in the start.

Thanks Drew
I was just wondering if it was new bits. So countersunk washer with flat screws?

Yeah, that was a ridiculous hit. Someone did a good job helping him get back to the front and stay there lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.