R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   I want my RS4 running :'( help (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/433612-i-want-my-rs4-running-help.html)

SuperNova 09-10-2010 10:36 AM

I want my RS4 running :'( help

3 Attachment(s)
I have a problem with the front suspension . The ball of the dog bone wont fit Im really new at this please Help Im following this manual . theres pics below I really want to run this car already please help

bad andy 09-10-2010 10:44 AM

It's been awhile since I remember mine, but are you possibly mixing up the dogbone that connects front and rear gearboxes with the one that's supposed to drive the wheels?

quietstorm76 09-10-2010 10:45 AM

quietstorm76 09-10-2010 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by SuperNova (Post 7922983)
I have a problem with the front suspension . The ball of the dog bone wont fit Im really new at this please Help Im following this manual . theres pics below I really want to run this car already please help

Do you have the right parts?

Are you trying to connect the center drive shaft to the gear housing?

is the bone too long or too short?

Is it the right part?

SuperNova 09-10-2010 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by quietstorm76 (Post 7923015)
Do you have the right parts?

Are you trying to connect the center drive shaft to the gear housing?

is the bone too long or too short?

Is it the right part?

I think its the right part . its the right length it fits the rear it just wont fit the front

Kyo83 09-10-2010 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by SuperNova (Post 7922983)

If I'm not mistaken the picture is a 1:1 relationship with with the part. Lay it on top of the picture and see if it is the same lenghth. Like someone said, you may be using confussing the transmission dogbone with the wheel dogbone.

SuperNova 09-10-2010 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kyo83 (Post 7923081)
If I'm not mistaken the picture is a 1:1 relationship with with the part. Lay it on top of the picture and see if it is the same lenghth. Like someone said, you may be using confussing the transmission dogbone with the wheel dogbone.

I checked , the ones from the wheels are smaller

bgrick 09-10-2010 12:31 PM

Can you give the length of the dog bone in mm? for that one it should be 60mm and the one in the rear will be 52 mm. All the dog bones to the wheels will be 52 mm as well.

SuperNova 09-10-2010 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by bgrick (Post 7923321)
Can you give the length of the dog bone in mm? for that one it should be 60mm and the one in the rear will be 52 mm. All the dog bones to the wheels will be 52 mm as well.

how do I find out the exact length ?

SuperNova 09-10-2010 03:08 PM

Can the car run with out it ?

wingracer 09-10-2010 03:59 PM

From what I can tell looking at the parts list, the rear drive shaft and all four half shafts (going out to the wheels) are the same. But the front one is longer. If the one you are trying to use is the same length as all the others, it's the wrong part.

SuperNova 09-10-2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 7923980)
From what I can tell looking at the parts list, the rear drive shaft and all four half shafts (going out to the wheels) are the same. But the front one is longer. If the one you are trying to use is the same length as all the others, it's the wrong part.

Its Actually Longer . It Just wont fit . I was wondering if the car can run without it because thats the only part I need to put in . Everything else is done

wingracer 09-10-2010 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by SuperNova (Post 7924007)
Its Actually Longer . It Just wont fit . I was wondering if the car can run without it because thats the only part I need to put in . Everything else is done

Yeah it will just only be 2wd so it wont drive very well. Something is definitely wrong. It sounds like you have the right driveshaft so maybe the drive cup in the front diff is wrong.

SuperNova 09-10-2010 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 7924025)
Yeah it will just only be 2wd so it wont drive very well. Something is definitely wrong. It sounds like you have the right driveshaft so maybe the drive cup in the front diff is wrong.

Can it Be changed?

bgrick 09-10-2010 05:17 PM

you may want to take the rear diff assembly out and see if that dog bone fits in then just swap the diff assemblys