R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-23-2010, 06:10 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Smile My First Car

Hi,

This is my first time posting here so HI! I've been interested in RC cars and planes for quite a while now and I finally have a job. To start off I want a RTR kitand I was wondering if either of these are good options as I don't want to buy something too cheap and then replace soon:

HPI NITRO RS4 3 DRIFT
or
HPI NITRO RS4 3 EVO

I would post the links but I can't because I'm apparently not good enough for ya'll.

I think I like the drift cars much more but I hear they are slower and wear out easier? Also the page says the EVO comes with an electric starter am I right? This would be very useful would it not?

Look forward to your input.

Rachm
Rachm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachm View Post
Hi,

This is my first time posting here so HI! I've been interested in RC cars and planes for quite a while now and I finally have a job. To start off I want a RTR kitand I was wondering if either of these are good options as I don't want to buy something too cheap and then replace soon:

HPI NITRO RS4 3 DRIFT
or
HPI NITRO RS4 3 EVO

I would post the links but I can't because I'm apparently not good enough for ya'll.

I think I like the drift cars much more but I hear they are slower and wear out easier? Also the page says the EVO comes with an electric starter am I right? This would be very useful would it not?

Look forward to your input.

Rachm
Hi, yes the evo kit does come with an electric power starter, so there is no pull starting. You still will need a glow ignitor. You would need a 7.2v stick pack with a tamiya connector for the electric start.

My pops has the evo (not the drift), I bashed it in a parking lot last weekend. Its pretty fast, the engine makes plenty of power, and its still relatively controllable. ( it will power drift plenty on dusty concrete) It was fun until a header screw backed out and the pipe came separated from the engine.
Turbo9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

I own the Nitro RS4 3 Evo+ and Its not that great of a car to be honest. the Quality is pretty good but in my opinion its a bit slow and the electronics are crap.

ive also ran into Fuel tank issues where no matter what I do the stupid thing isnt Properly Sealed so it sucks in air. I dont recommend the car personally.
capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

i have the drift version its such great fun. it sll boils down to if your racing or thrashing asbout in a car park! i think driffting is much more fun ! also im new to nitro and i found it easy to control1 i have hours of fun trying to drift like a pro!
leesmith126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:56 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

Yeah I'll prbably get the drift one. How long does the pull start take?
Rachm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:13 AM   #6
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

get a slash
hende is offline   Reply With Quote