2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

every entrant can check 3 motors for the race so every motor is tagged for the event with the entrants number.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bluer322
I think that is the 503 by SRC
Old 04-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks Racefan. I got your pm also. I'll try to get something working by tomorrow.

Too bad Liverc had nothing to tell me when I sent an email to them 3 days ago.

-Steve

Originally Posted by racefan
I sent a private message to bsmooth who was asking about getting liverc on his iPhone and iPad a few pages back ... figure there is a few Apple users out there that might want the info as well ...

Heres the scoop ... in Apple's app store Cloud Browse ($1) lets you get all of the LiveRC Timing/Scoring, Chat, and Audio/Video and works great ... the catch is they limit the time you are allowed to use their service for free unless you pay a $5.99 per month fee (month to month so cancel at anytime). Really is cool over wifi hooked up to the 65" TV with audio/video component or composite cable! You might want to buy the $1 app and try for free and see what you think.

To get live timing and scoring for free just open Safari to iphone.liverc.com ... works great but no chat or audio/video.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default iPhone iPad iPod Touch

bsmooth ... FYI,

The iphone.liverc.com web page is Brandon's handy work! He has been working on getting something out for us Apple users for I guess about a year. It may not be a stand alone app with all features he's developed for the PC crowd yet but it's pretty sweet.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Seems that anyone running Ennetti (SP) tires is screwed now with the alcohol being sprayed on them. Its making the tires come apart at the seams and killing tire wear.

For some reason it doesnt seem to be hurting the matrix tires but making them better. Also seems a LOT of guys running a matrix made tire has black stuff coming off the tires in tech when sprayed......

Makes you wonder whats going on.....at least if your out of the loop

EA
Old 04-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think i would be a bit annoyed if they were spraying my tyres with Alcohol. Alcohol dries relativly quickly and will dry the foam out. RedRc reported Piestch saying he would like to see a longer warm up as its taking the tyres 4 or so laps to come one. My opinion is that until you run them and get the dried out foam off they will be slippery.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Team EAM

I also find it odd that Ive searched all the IFMAR rule books I can find, including the 2011 8th scale on road one, and NONE of them say that tire sauce is NOT ALLOWED. It doesnt mention it anywhere that I can find but its quite possible I dont know where to look either! LOL Anyone know where its at?

EA
Old 04-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Why could'nt they just allow every driver the choice to run the additive if they wanted as long as it is not flamable & it should be available for everyone
Old 04-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Seems that anyone running Ennetti (SP) tires is screwed now with the alcohol being sprayed on them. Its making the tires come apart at the seams and killing tire wear.

For some reason it doesnt seem to be hurting the matrix tires but making them better. Also seems a LOT of guys running a matrix made tire has black stuff coming off the tires in tech when sprayed......

EA
This tire spraying is it something new?

Never seen anyone talk about it, is it a IFMAR rule to have your tires sprayed?

Or is it something someone came up with at the race.

I know why they might spray a tire but would like to know more info on the subject.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
I think i would be a bit annoyed if they were spraying my tyres with Alcohol. Alcohol dries relativly quickly and will dry the foam out. RedRc reported Piestch saying he would like to see a longer warm up as its taking the tyres 4 or so laps to come one. My opinion is that until you run them and get the dried out foam off they will be slippery.
Originally Posted by GMartinez
Why could'nt they just allow every driver the choice to run the additive if they wanted as long as it is not flamable & it should be available for everyone
Not sure....Its kinda funny though when you get a picture of drivers bringing arm loads of tires in with them in the morning wrapped in cerran wrap and when they spray them with alcohol the rags come off black. Anyone ever cleaned a freshly trued tire with some motor spray or alcohol and a rag? They come off clean..... Some guys are still doping it seems but its ok as long as they get sprayed with alcohol before they run! LOL
Old 04-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
This tire spraying is it something new?

Never seen anyone talk about it, is it a IFMAR rule to have your tires sprayed?

Or is it something someone came up with at the race.

I know why they might spray a tire but would like to know more info on the subject.
Yes it was decided (By IFMAR) that they should spray EVERY racers tires in TECH with alcohol because someone said certain teams were using tire sauce to gain traction. SO thats what IFMAR decided to do at the race Yesterday. Its causing some tires to split at the seams (attacking the glue) and tire wear to double in a 13 min run (3 min warmup and 10 min race).
Old 04-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yes it was decided (By IFMAR) that they should spray EVERY racers tires in TECH with alcohol because someone said certain teams were using tire sauce to gain traction. SO thats what IFMAR decided to do at the race Yesterday. Its causing some tires to split at the seams (attacking the glue) and tire wear to double in a 13 min run (3 min warmup and 10 min race).
Hmmmmm

Seems like something they should have informed about ahead of time.

So who knows IFMAR rules?
Is there a rule that says me make things up as we go?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

EA

BSR American made tires are holding up awesome and working well! Good luck to all the BSR drivers!

Monti
Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Monti
BSR American made tires are holding up awesome and working well! Good luck to all the BSR drivers!

Monti
I havent heard of any issues with BSR's so thats good for you guys Monti! Glad to hear they are working well at the Worlds!

See you this weekend?

EA
Old 04-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I havent heard of any issues with BSR's so thats good for you guys Monti! Glad to hear they are working well at the Worlds!

See you this weekend?

EA
Just got done texting with Pulfer and things are going great!

Yes you will see me Saturday!

Monti

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.