Wiki Posts
Search

Motonica or what???

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Motonica or what???

Hello all. I'm going to be getting a 1/8th scale on road. I really like the looks of the Motonica P81. I also like the Mugen MRX4-X. Can you guys give me some insight on these and maybe another one to look at? The help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Mike
Old 05-30-2010, 06:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motomike122
Hello all. I'm going to be getting a 1/8th scale on road. I really like the looks of the Motonica P81. I also like the Mugen MRX4-X. Can you guys give me some insight on these and maybe another one to look at? The help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Mike
Both are great cars. In addition, the Shepherd is a fantastic car, Serpent is back with a great car and Mugen has a new car due any day that looks like a real winner. Then of course there is always the trusty K car.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

I f I were just getting in, I would buy the newest car coming out ... the Mugen MRX5

It represents the latest in design and an improvement over arguably the winningest 1/8 car in recent history.

With that being said, EVERY 1/8 scale car on the market is very capable. EVERY 1/8 scale car can win on any given weekend.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

If your just getting into 1/8 onroad I would recommend you purchase someones MRX4R/MRX4X race package since many racers will be purchasing the MRX5. This will allow you to see if you really like the action and it will save you a couple of $$$.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wanabrc
If your just getting into 1/8 onroad I would recommend you purchase someones MRX4R/MRX4X race package since many racers will be purchasing the MRX5. This will allow you to see if you really like the action and it will save you a couple of $$$.

Whats the difference between the MRX4R and the MRX4X?

Also how good is a Serpent 950r? There is a guy on here selling a complete car with a Nova MEGA DX2 ++ .21 engine. Any thoughts on that car?

Thanks, Mike
Old 05-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Whats the difference between the MRX4R and the MRX4X?

Also how good is a Serpent 950r? There is a guy on here selling a complete car with a Nova MEGA DX2 ++ .21 engine. Any thoughts on that car?

Thanks, Mike
The R and X are basically the same car, just few different parts, most of which are interchangeable.

The 950r was a great car but getting parts for it may become an issue. Mugen MRX4 whatever parts will be around for years to come.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Mike,

Firstly ill introduce myself as Frank - Located in Australia, been RC racing for around 3 years, 2 years with 1/10th Nitro Tourer and now the big boy toys 1/8th...

I was in the same decision making when i made the move to 8th scale, firstly there are many great makes out there, firstly my attention was drawn to the Motonica due to the fact it was a very easy car to drive straight off the bat...

Another great car is the MRX4 - old but still performs and provides results, plus you might notice around your own club there be a few allready using it.

Then you have Kyosho - a champions car and history speaks for itself. I personally havent driven one but they do look good in quality.

And for the rest, you have Serpent & Shepherd, great cars but not enough drivers driving these makes here in Australia.

So how does one make his mind up, first look around and see what works at your track, some choose to group up and join in on the same make to help support parts on race days if in need, others take on the challenge and try a make on there own and hope to succeed with there skills and car.

My choice was Motonica P81 - WHY?

A. its best looking car on the Market
B. its proven to win with little hopups
C. Strong
D. Its Italian - Just like a mini Ferrari
E. Its still very NEW, and with upgrades
F. Around 7 club guys chose to select the Motonica so the parts & support was there local, interstate & Overseas.
G. Selected Mugen Parts available to suit the Motonica

Currently the car is still doing me proud, Just achieved my very first TQ and First Win in Club Championship - was a very happy day i called it "My Day" LOL

What ever you choose, look for the easy options on parts stock, local support and a proven winner.....

Good Luck and i hope my information helped!

Cheers
Frank
Old 06-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Buy the one that your local hobby shop stocks parts for. Unless you don't have a problem ordering parts online then get a serpent 966.
Take a look : : http://serpent.com/product/903009
Old 06-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wanabrc
I agree with this. A lot of racers will be making the switch to the MRX5 as soon as it comes out so you should start to see all the 4X's hitting Ebay soon.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Tech Rookie

hey all, new to the forum, and to 1/8 onroad as well,im located in "Australia - melbourne". iv'e just got my 1st car and brought my 1st .21 engine, i went for the kyosho evolva, and got a new novarossi "flash" tuned version,so am looking forward and nervous about racing etc,lol
am kind of regreting the evolva,dont get me wrong its a nice car,well built etcand a proven winner,but the parts in my country are a PITA to find,and they are not cheap,i have just found a shop/novarossi rep that was running one,so have all parts in stock,he has now gone to montica,which i love,its a nice car,i think thats my next choice,
Old 06-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

SO what car did you end up getting? A Serpent Quattro like another guy here or maybe a Parsec?
Old 06-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Parts availability is key, especially in Australia. But, to throw another opinion in here, if money is not a concern, i'd suggest waiting for the MRX5. Mugen's are strong which is great for a beginner. Plus, one of the design concerns for the 5 was easier to work on. As a beginner, you don't want to spend half your race day changing a belt. You need to be out on the track learning how to drive and getting the suspension/motor set, so the easier to work on, the better. Just my thoughts. All the other cars mentioned here are great cars but, parts, ease to work on, and strength are the most important factors to consider as a beginner in my opinion. Hope that helps.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

i have the questiom which car to get..i use to own mrx4r love the car and the parts was strong...not too long ago went to a race to help make up my mind but didn't help because every mugen, kyosho, serpent, & etc was dialed in...lol but the car that TQ every qual. was a kyosho 2005 i think (it wasn't a M3) so any of the cars are great just in the driver...i going to wait to see how the mrx5 then i make up my mind between mugen, motonica & kyosho
Old 06-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Serpent 966 ROAR on road nats 1st and 2nd do i need to say more?
Old 06-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

As the importer for Motonica, I can assure you the car is very good and you will be quite pleased with the service you will receive. Check out the Motonica thread on this nitro on road forum and feel free to contact me
www.motonica-usa.com/contact.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.