Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Where r my Mrx4 guys???? Swauger is out there doing the damn thing and we have no comments?
Old 09-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I wonder if he's using the option rear end?
Old 09-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Pooh, you know we're all on the 1/8th Worlds thread or the Messina site trying to get the latest info on how our boy is doin.

I'm almost positive he's not using the optional rear end, but I'm not sure what the traction is like over there. Someone mentioned that the Messina track did not have the traction that some of us are used to over here in the US. The less rear traction he's got, the more likely he'll need the optional rear end. But...
Old 09-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hey Sohlman, u use THS products? DO you go to THS in harrison, NY?

Pooh- I am an MRX4 grasshopper.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Hey Sohlman, u use THS products? DO you go to THS in harrison, NY?
Yes, sir. He's got a great new line of 1/8 scale hard-coated exhaust pipes with conical manifolds coming out soon. Tested it at the GLC on my MRX4 and it performed flawless...and took some hits.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Kewl. What part of NY do you live in if you don't mind me asking? I live in Port Chester, NY. I plan on buying a new pipe for my RB Rody V12 soon. Gonna try a newly updated THS pipe.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

I'm in White Plains.

He hasn't updated his .12 pipes yet, but they still run really good. Also used it on my MTX3 Prospec at the GLC.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Ah ok kewl. Know any good places in White Plains, NY to bash? I run at the college campus (Westchester Community College) in Valhalla,NY. Its not far from white plains. Gotta love the empty parkinglots.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i posted this on the MTX4 by mistake but here it is anyway

Congrats to Team Mugen Driver Ron on another TQ and win.

it was just a Small club race but from what ive heard.
He set fastest qualifying time or record on the RD layout and probably
the fastest lap ever on that layout also.

So every Race since he switched to Mugen has been

TQ and Win on Nitro champs in C/p
1st place champion for region 12
TQ and Win @revelation with record lap and qualifying.

3 for 3.
maybe the record wont hold up if swauger and ish decides to race rd though
j/k
Old 09-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Ah ok kewl. Know any good places in White Plains, NY to bash? I run at the college campus (Westchester Community College) in Valhalla,NY. Its not far from white plains. Gotta love the empty parkinglots.
I haven't had much time to hit lots with my 4...between racing and the fam. You should go to the new track in Bridgeport, CT this Sunday. It's the first managed race there. Should be good. Check out the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MRX-4-slide1.jpg   Mugen MRX-4-slide2.jpg   Mugen MRX-4-slide3.jpg   Mugen MRX-4-slide4.jpg   Mugen MRX-4-slide6.jpg  

Old 09-13-2005, 12:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default Did you replace all bearings?

Hi,

I have been running my MRX-4 for over 10 months. I was wondering do you guys replace all of the bearings after a period of time? Mugen does not sells all of the bearings together. Do you buy after market or original from Mugen? Is the after market as durable as original Mugen? Where i can get those good quality bearings?

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by US_MATRIX
Hi,

I have been running my MRX-4 for over 10 months. I was wondering do you guys replace all of the bearings after a period of time? Mugen does not sells all of the bearings together. Do you buy after market or original from Mugen? Is the after market as durable as original Mugen? Where i can get those good quality bearings?

Thanks.
Yes bearings will freeze of blow out over time. Mugen direct replacements like the stock ones seem to be ok but throw out alot of oil. I like the Acer Ceramics but use the stock ones until it's time to change them. Bad bearings are gritty or sound like they have been run dry with a metal to metal sound. Clutch bearings are by far one of the most important bearings to check.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have one of those ultrasonic tanks used for jewerly cleaning ($40 at any harbor freight). I soak my bearings in some solvent overnight in the tank and then let them dry. After that, I soak them in a jar of marvel mystery oil overnight. Wipe them off and re-install them. I've only had one bad solid rear axle bearing go bad in about 10- 12 hours of running.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sohlman
I haven't had much time to hit lots with my 4...between racing and the fam. You should go to the new track in Bridgeport, CT this Sunday. It's the first managed race there. Should be good. Check out the pics.
Yeah it sounds good. I've heard from someone they been running there for a while although I'm not even sure if thats true(the noob) . Are you sure this is their first actual race? I said I'll check out the area although it's only sundays and I hear the area isn't 2 great...that why the track is locked up anyday but sunday lol. Gonna try to make it to Floyd this wednesday and maybe for the weekends otherwise check Bdgeprt Sunday.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

I've been using the same Mugen bearings for a year now and they work great. You have to clean them regularly to make them last...I think that goes for any bearing. Then oil them lightly – I mean lightly, less than a drop – with bearing oil. Once the rubber seals break-in, they run smoother than any aftermarket I've tried. Just my experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.