Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

First let me say I love my Mugen cars. But flaws between the MRX3 and the MRX4 ? No car is re-inventing the wheel here and they are not formula one cars working on a new airo package here. When the MRX4 came out no track records were dropping on a daily basis. You let Mike drive the MRX3 against us "normal" racers as we drive the MRX4... guess what... Mike will still win.

There are winning Nascar drivers driving one and two year old chassis (Rousch) and loving the glory and the money. And each time they will thank the setup and the motor (and also their skill if truth be told) on that winning day. Also as we all know some cars are better on some tracks than others.

Nothing chages in the RC market from this as well. What wins on Sunday sells on Monday. When the pipeline is filled, come with something new to keep the market fresh and dollars flowing.

If you can afford to buy the new car, then buy it!!! If you can't, trust me on this, you are not slower than the guy next to you. Understand the car, let that car talk to you and make the changes for the track layout, traction, weather, and your driving style and continously look for the little things that make you faster. Oh yes... money does buy power and that never hurts either.

I raced real cars professionally for 13 years... It is amazing the similar cause and effects on these cars compared to the 850 ho 2,000 lb cars I raced. Biggest difference is know when I crash I walk off the drivers stand rather than a trip to a hospital!!! lol

The difference between the MRX3 and the MRX4 for most of us is ... "US".. Buy what you can afford and enjoy this fantastic hobby!!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

As I consider myself an above average driver, the MRX4 imporved my race results when compared to the MRX3. I went almost a ful lap faster in qualifing at the Las Vegas track when I compare 2004 to 2005. (MRX3 to MRX4 respectively, while using the same engine, pipe, fuel and suspension settings). I qualified almost as fast with the MRX4 as Mike did with his MRX3 the prior year. He of course went even faster in 2005.

With the addition of roll center adjustments to the MRX4, everyone I know in my area have improved their results. At the same time, all the Kyosho/Delta drivers have improved with their new chassis as well. So we are all going faster.

I'd have to say that MIke improved his overall time at Ft.Myers in 2005 (MRX4) versus 2004 (MRX3). I think he even set a track record there???? His lap times at Crystal Park improved 3-5tenths per lap with the new car.

Basically there was never a flaw with the MRX3, the chassis was 4years old and needed updates. The use of roll-center blocks, adjustable wheel base, and longer arms made a easy to drive chassis that much better.

Can you race an MRX3 and still have fun and be competitive....YES!!! If your skilled enough, you will probably beat a lot of divers who are using an MRX4. But if you want to stay in the game, you need to move forward when chassis technology improves.

I've always found that a lot of products in R/C are unnessary, but changes to a chassis make the most significant difference.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

I recently switched from the 3 to the 4, in the 4 you can go faster. I'm only fairly new to 1/8 (6 months) but after driving tourer for 3 yrs, 1/8 is a more rewarding challenge. But go the 4 for all the reasons said in the past posts. It's just a faster car.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

I agree the new chassis has allowed for placement of suspension systems to change from the old chassis to hopefully and seemly improve handling and ease of driving. Allowing better and more adjustments is quite obviously a good thing.

However I never want to have someone who wants to enter the 1/8th scale feel he must buy the best or nothing at all. You can be competitive at your local club and/or surrounding club with an MRX3. Setup, engine, and driving skills will make a big difference at that level. I want everyone to enjoy the thrill of 1/8th scale racing. After 20 years I am still like a kid in a candy store with my cars.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

i can't speak for either cars. i'm sure that the 4 is improved over the 3 (more slightly than drastically). but did you guys read the article in xtreme rc pg 19 that said that the losi team will be using the xx-4 instead of the xxx-4 at the worlds. in this (rare) case, it seems that the older chassis might actually be better.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

If all the letters aint MRX-3 or MRX-4 don't post here! lol
Old 08-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

eny wone try the new rear arms ,what is the bennefit insted of the old wone,s.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

one more,what is the best position,for the shocks al laid down,ore wone hole up.
what wil be the differends between that?
Old 08-23-2005, 03:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

the mugen mrx-4 i am selling is on page 18 of this thread. it is the orange car with the white front. very nice looking car. the car is brand new. i never have driven this car. my local track went out of business. i am selling it for $500. also, i have eight sets (fronts and backs, so 16 pairs), i am selling them, they are fast tires 35 shore, selling for $30 a set and $3 shipping. buy them all and free shipping. also have two sets of the kawahara zac project tires selling for $40 a set free shipping with them. you can email me at [email protected] or call 305.807.9529. my local track went out of business so do not have anywhere to run.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Joe, your car is sold!
Old 08-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
I'd have to say that MIke improved his overall time at Ft.Myers in 2005 (MRX4) versus 2004 (MRX3). I think he even set a track record there????
The chicane in front of the driver's stand was made larger this year to possibly slow everyone down...Mike's 4 still dropped the lap times from last year's 3.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

the mrx-4 has been sold. but i do have a top 321 p for sale, brand new, not one drop of fuel through it, will take $420 with shipping for it. i also have a nova6 by novamega. it is a novarossi, it was made just as novarossi and serpent cut ties. it is an 8 port, the same design as the 321p. i ran one tank through it to start the break in--- nothing else. will sell for $350. my email is [email protected] or call me at 305.807.9529
Old 08-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sfelish
Joe, your car is sold!
sam,
i dont know if you are getting my emails or not, but i have received the money and i will send out tomorrow morning. i will email you the tracking as soon as i get into the office.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

You've sold your MRX4 Joe?
Old 08-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
You've sold your MRX4 Joe?
yeah, my local track went out of business, and i still never even got a chance to drive it.... so i sold it... hey i got 8 sets of fast tires for sale, $30 a set plus $3 for shipping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.