Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Mike_Swauger
The car is a complete change. The only thing that is the same is the shocks, tires, pillow balls.
That should answer your question about interchangable parts........
Old 05-06-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Dexter
That should answer your question about interchangable parts........
I would say not the plastic parts and chassis, other then that, I am guess there will be alot of small parts that can be interchangable
Old 05-07-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

From what I heard from one of my local Mugen-sponsored racers, there may be a conversion kit to convert your MRX3 to an MRX4. This would lead me to believe that the changes are underneath the upper deck and slight changes in the diff areas (reason why the CAD pic looks like the MRX3)
Old 05-07-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Conversion kit still makes it be MRX-3, since the MRX-4 overall geometry maybe totally different from it.

Originally posted by JLock
From what I heard from one of my local Mugen-sponsored racers, there may be a conversion kit to convert your MRX3 to an MRX4. This would lead me to believe that the changes are underneath the upper deck and slight changes in the diff areas (reason why the CAD pic looks like the MRX3)
Old 05-07-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Conversion kit still makes it be MRX-3, since the MRX-4 overall geometry maybe totally different from it.
From what he indicated to me, the geometry changes are in the composite materials making up the bulkheads, etc but the chassis is the same as the MRX3. Again, this is what has been told to me. How true is it, I don't know (speculations). Regardless, the car will be better than any "Snake" that can be hatched. By the way, did Snake USA find a charmer (buyer)? Let see:

Mugen = Wins, top finishes, championships
Serpent (Snake) = DNF's, DNS's, one of its top drivers quit (Burch)
Old 05-07-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Well said. But, Snake surely makes money from people who keep breaking the parts!

hahaha

Long live Mugen Seiki!

From what he indicated to me, the geometry changes are in the composite materials making up the bulkheads, etc but the chassis is the same as the MRX3. Again, this is what has been told to me. How true is it, I don't know (speculations). Regardless, the car will be better than any "Snake" that can be hatched. By the way, did Snake USA find a charmer (buyer)? Let see:

Mugen = Wins, top finishes, championships
Serpent (Snake) = DNF's, DNS's, one of its top drivers quit (Burch)
Old 05-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

There will be no conversion kit sold for the car. Funny how rumors start.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

There will be no conversion kit sold for the car. Funny how rumors start.
Hey, this is what I heard from a sponsored driver with Mugen. I did not know how true it was and qualified that it was only what I had heard. But I can ask you are you 100% sure that there will not be a conversion kit? Since you come across as having alot of incite in Mugen and their business dealings, let the rest of us know for sure, please.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Hey, this is what I heard from a sponsored driver with Mugen. I did not know how true it was and qualified that it was only what I had heard. But I can ask you are you 100% sure that there will not be a conversion kit? Since you come across as having alot of incite in Mugen and their business dealings, let the rest of us know for sure, please.
There will not be a conversion kit sold from Mugen.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Could it be some sort of mixed up here? Mugen has never offered any "conversion kits" at all.

Perhaps, Kyosho team driver or Snake? Well, the truth lies somewhere...

There will not be a conversion kit sold from Mugen.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Could it be some sort of mixed up here? Mugen has never offered any "conversion kits" at all.

Perhaps, Kyosho team driver or Snake? Well, the truth lies somewhere...
No, he is not a Kyosho team driver or Snake handler. Lets not clog the thread splitting hairs over rumors. However, still can wait to see the car. Wonder what the to-the-customer price will be. I was thinking about stepping up to 1/8th scale on-road but with the new SK (snake killer) on the way, maybe I should wait before pulling the purchase trigger. MRX3 or MRX4, it should not matter; I will still flatten the Snake when it slivers out of the bush into my path.

Last edited by JLock; 05-07-2004 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

No, he is not a Kyosho team driver or Snake handler. Lets no clog the thread splitting hairs over rumors. However, still can wait to see the car. Wonder what the to-the-customer price will be. I was thinking about stepping up to 1/8th scale on-road but with the new SK (snake killer) on the way, maybe a should wait before pulling the purchase trigger. MRX3 or MRX4, it should not matter; I will still flatten the Snake when it slivers out of the bush into my path.
LOL! We might have prices by the end of the month or early June.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

my kinda guy...

No, he is not a Kyosho team driver or Snake handler. Lets no clog the thread splitting hairs over rumors. However, still can wait to see the car. Wonder what the to-the-customer price will be. I was thinking about stepping up to 1/8th scale on-road but with the new SK (snake killer) on the way, maybe a should wait before pulling the purchase trigger. MRX3 or MRX4, it should not matter; I will still flatten the Snake when it slivers out of the bush into my path.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike: a bit off topic........Is Mikio still running Mugen USA?

Old 05-07-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by kumpol
Mike: a bit off topic........Is Mikio still running Mugen USA?

Yes, He owns Mugen USA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.