Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I make this????

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

yo,..

may I ask for sole distributor rights for Indonesia seriously,... it looks really nice,.. can you make any kind of body?! I'd really love to have my modified 1991 Galant GTi scaled down to 1/10

here it is: http://www.autoshow.permaisuri.com/C...20030921162114
Old 05-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

when is ur body gonna be in the market?

i would like to know the progress. i.e ROAR clearance etc etc.

when is it gonna be out in the market?

cant wait to hold it and do some masking and painting.

by the way...

i have read in one website.

it says, too much downforce is no good....it will create drag thus reducing speed.
you need a balance of aerodynamic and downforce.
so.... your body is a balance body with good aerodynamic and good downforce?

and off topic about your body...
how does this downforce and aerodynamic give effect to the stratus and mazda and alfa bodies?

mop
Old 05-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: I like these two.

Originally posted by HELLION
I ran these two this weekend and they where a big hit. The hood scoops look a lot better then cutting holes in the windshield but still working on fueling them. One has a tilt body but I lost a little time refueling it. The other has a fuel ck valve in the back.
The hood scoop idea is nice but not legal in Roar Efra or Ifmar unfortunately.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Default ROAR RULEs

Originally posted by Julius
can explain why?

at least HELLION and others (who wants to design bodies next time) can know the rules... and maybe can counter propose to ROAR to make a better bodies.

can someone provide LINK TO ROAR REGULATION regarding body design?

mop
Old 05-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ROAR & downforce

1st Downforce: If you look at a side view of a airplane wing you will notice the top of the wing is rounded and the bottem side is straight ! As the wing cuts threw the air the air on the bottem side is traveling at a faster rate then the top wich provides lift. Downforce is the same thing only upsidedown And yes too much downforce can slow the car down but I havent seen to many bodies out there that would have a problem with this do to It would only slow the car down at high speeds on the long straights but not enough to be concerned with and it can really aid you in the turns. That said if your car is set up right then you want the downforce distributed evenley I.E. Too much rear wing may cause understeer and to much front spoiler could cause oversteer but it's rare. Heres a extreme example of too much rear downforce lol
Attached Thumbnails Should I make this????-rc-car-stuff-009.jpg  
Old 05-14-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Part 2 scoops!!!

ROAR won't let you put a hood scoop on your car however I'm going to send a few of my bodies to ROAR and see if they will except them and I think they will! Not only do they look cool but they help a lot. ROAR rules are made to try and keep the competition at a even pace and the bodies I build with hood scoops won't make the car faster but will aid in cooling them down and I will be more then willing to work with them. I do build outlaw bodies but when I get my web site up again they will clearley be labeld OUTLAW or ROAR legal
Old 05-14-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Hellion, right idea, wrong explanation...the air going over the curved top of the wing is going faster than the air slowly going over the flat bottom, thereby causing lift.

Here's your link to ROAR
Old 05-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Should I make this????

I designed this car 2 weeks ago and it looked great on paper but last night when I was working on it I thought to my self dammmmmnnn this is ugly and today I think it's cool again ! So I thought that I would let you decide. should I finish it? and put it into production or did I just make my self a new boat anchor BTW It's a 1/10
Know what? I'd say finish it ... I like it!
Old 05-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: I like these two.

I ran these two this weekend and they where a big hit. The hood scoops look a lot better then cutting holes in the windshield but still working on fueling them. One has a tilt body but I lost a little time refueling it. The other has a fuel ck valve in the back.
I like these too. Is it posible to mould functional scoops? I mean mould it to direct the air flow right at the lower part of the engine heatsink?
Old 05-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: I like these two.

Originally posted by Julius

Oops! That's right. Bodies have to conform to certain real life touring cars right?
Old 05-14-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: I like these two.

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Oops! That's right. Bodies have to conform to certain real life touring cars right?
That and they have some rules about the position of the engine cooling hole. It has to be in the windshield. Other holes have rules about size and position too, so you can't just make one in the hood. Unless you can convince them it's for refueling.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default wrong explanation? Who me? LOL

Red the explanation I gave on lift Is a very basic one that has been used for years at universities. There are two trains of thought here. 1st. is Newtonians theory and second is Beroullis theory! New theorys are starting to show that wing lift is caused by wing action. That said I am right about the air traveling faster under the wing. It's a straight edge (nothing to disrupt flow) However the top is infact curved and the air has a longer distance to travel . God do I sound like a nerd or what?
Old 05-16-2004, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default scoops!

My goal is to make the hood scoops replace cutting holes in the windshield. I'm having really good success so far and they do a better job getting air to the engine then a hole because I can divert the air to a certain point but I still have a little ways to go as far as working with ROAR but I decided to go ahead and release them in late June . You can still cut the hole in the windsheild and not in the scoops if you want they look great if you just paint the holes in the scoops flat black. I can't imagine ROAR having a problem with this but you should first check with them. I will be sending them some bodies to check over this summer but I really think they will work with me on this.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: wrong explanation? Who me? LOL

Red the explanation I gave on lift Is a very basic one that has been used for years at universities. There are two trains of thought here. 1st. is Newtonians theory and second is Beroullis theory! New theorys are starting to show that wing lift is caused by wing action. That said I am right about the air traveling faster under the wing. It's a straight edge (nothing to disrupt flow) However the top is infact curved and the air has a longer distance to travel . God do I sound like a nerd or what?
Your story is not correct. If you try to explain the bernoullian theory here...
The air molecules start at the front edge of the wing at the same time. but the air traveling around the curved part of the wing needs to travel a longer distance in the same time the air on the straight side reaches the rear of the wing.

The acceleration over the curved part of the wing creates a lower pressure area ant this means the force on both sides of the wing is no longer equal resulting in lift/downforce.

It has nothing to do with there not being anything to disrupt flow.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: scoops!

My goal is to make the hood scoops replace cutting holes in the windshield. I'm having really good success so far and they do a better job getting air to the engine then a hole because I can divert the air to a certain point but I still have a little ways to go as far as working with ROAR but I decided to go ahead and release them in late June . You can still cut the hole in the windsheild and not in the scoops if you want they look great if you just paint the holes in the scoops flat black. I can't imagine ROAR having a problem with this but you should first check with them. I will be sending them some bodies to check over this summer but I really think they will work with me on this.
You can make all the hood scoops you want. Just as long as you don't cut a hole in them. The scoop is okay, the hole is the problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.