Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kawahara ZT-1/FW05 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks kidDyno!

Oh also Thanks to Boy2RC & rjl for the info about the center swingshafts! Just FYI to everyone that the 710's dogbones fit perfect for the FRONT & MTX3's dogbones for the REAR center swingshaft...
Old 01-01-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Whats the best thing to do

Hey guys i have a few question about the ZT1.

* Is it better to buy a FW05T and get the full ZT1 conversion if not why?

* Does the car actually improve in straight line speed? According to one of my mates it does because the kawahara crown gears take place in the geabox.

* Will it be more competative than my NTC3? Dont laught its acutally a good car

Anyone letting a ZT1 go heheee...........
Old 01-01-2005, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

I gave up using mine as I could not get the same balance I had with the stock FW05R chassis (I like the understeer effect the car has).
If you are coming from the NTC3 then you might be more at home with the ZT1.
The Kawahara crown gears do make a huge difference, and after nearly a year of use the rear one looks like new (the crown gears are the only Kawahara part retained on my car).
You will not be able to use the motor supplied with the S/T models as the exhaust port will end up on the inside of the car, but saying that, the S and T models are about $50/$60 cheaper than the R model, but I think you will have to get the R fuel tank as the S version fit via screws from the chassis.

Hope this helps

I have been running the FW05R for 20 months now, I have just upgraded it to RR spec and have no thoughts of changing to another model.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by NiMo
I gave up using mine as I could not get the same balance I had with the stock FW05R chassis (I like the understeer effect the car has).
If you are coming from the NTC3 then you might be more at home with the ZT1.
The Kawahara crown gears do make a huge difference, and after nearly a year of use the rear one looks like new (the crown gears are the only Kawahara part retained on my car).
You will not be able to use the motor supplied with the S/T models as the exhaust port will end up on the inside of the car, but saying that, the S and T models are about $50/$60 cheaper than the R model, but I think you will have to get the R fuel tank as the S version fit via screws from the chassis.

Hope this helps

I have been running the FW05R for 20 months now, I have just upgraded it to RR spec and have no thoughts of changing to another model.
Coool so by changing them to those crown gears can it keep up with the others better like the V1RRR n 710's. IF you say it feels same as the NTC3 then im surely leaning towards this car. Im very keen on the project.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Coool so by changing them to those crown gears can it keep up with the others better like the V1RRR n 710's. IF you say it feels same as the NTC3 then im surely leaning towards this car. Im very keen on the project.
I've not tried an NTC3 so I cant say how close the handling will be, but those crown gears do free up the drive train big time.
I'm using the 45T crown gears front and rear with a 21T pinion and can still get out of the corners quickly, and on my home track I now only need to use 2nd on the main straight.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by NiMo
I've not tried an NTC3 so I cant say how close the handling will be, but those crown gears do free up the drive train big time.
I'm using the 45T crown gears front and rear with a 21T pinion and can still get out of the corners quickly, and on my home track I now only need to use 2nd on the main straight.
Thanks for your help...
Old 04-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Initiate

hi guy had a kawahara ZF-100 ZT-1 full conversion kits on sale at ebey check it out
Old 12-13-2005, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default What engine?

Hey guys,
i am getting a kawahara fw05 soon and was wondering what type of engines go in it without dramas. I dont want to spend any more than $200 aus. as i dont really need anything special. Specific engine models would be great
Thanks
Old 08-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If anyone has or knows of a ZT-1 Conversion kit forsale, please message me!

Sorry for bumping and OLD thread.