R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   ContactRC Tyres (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/389636-contactrc-tyres.html)

roscoe 141 08-17-2011 10:01 AM

in a RUSH

i was IN A RUSH DIDNT WANT TO TAKE FAMILY TO COSTO ,SO I LIFT TO FLOY .BEFORE THEY HAD A CHANCE TO ASK ME. WHEN I GOT THERE I REALISE I FORGOT MY TIRES . LUCKY A FRIEND GAVE ME APAIR OF CONTACT TIRES 37F 40R I RAN THEM TO THE RIM I DIDNT WANT TO GO HOME.:tire::tire::tire::nod: I AM SOLD ON CONTACT TIRES

Contact RC 08-20-2011 08:08 AM

Another Win!

Yet another win for Contact Tyres!

Congrats to Sedan 2011 TQ and Euro Champion Robert Pietsch!!

Running Contact Tyre regular rims, Robert lead from start to finish!

Also great run for Dario finishing 7th!

nazarc 08-20-2011 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Contact RC (Post 9550104)
Yet another win for Contact Tyres!

Congrats to Sedan 2011 TQ and Euro Champion Robert Pietsch!!

Running Contact Tyre regular rims, Robert lead from start to finish!

Also great run for Dario finishing 7th!

Ok .. but the tires that come in Pietsch are not the same as arriving on the market ... are not the matrix or other. The only ones that come with precisely shore are UFRA ... shame that the circle is very fragile.

Contact RC 08-20-2011 09:38 AM

explain

Please explain what you are speaking of?

Robert tires are no different that what we get here in the USA. Please explain what you mean about fragile circle?

nazarc 08-20-2011 10:03 AM

Typically, an official pilot, has tires "selected "... "fresh" and not old, etc.. for example .. (I'm talking about tires in general, not specific brands)). In the shops shore tires are very different .... Get a pack of gum instead of 40 shore and find them ..... 41-43 shore. Also .... happens that in a rubber rings are glued in a different way. For example, hard rubber outer ring in the right ... in the left soft rubber or otherwise..In GRP such often find this defect.

Many pilots say that they are good tires CONTACT perhaps the best on the market today. The only ones that guarantee the shore are the UFRA. These tires have a defect that UFRA have a delicate circle. Even with a not strong impact break.

The selected tires, engines, etc. ... have always been intended for official pilot. Is not it? In the past it was so!

I hope that your tires are done ad hoc as I'm currently trying to use the Italian championship.

I apologize for my English but I hope that I explained.

Until recently I used the shore .. matrix different from rubber and rubber rings, which is undermined! Even Dirk W. runner has been using the Matrix ... but I do not think they are like the ones that I use!

mrlahey 08-21-2011 04:45 AM

Where is the best place to buy these outside of the US?

Factory Seal 08-22-2011 07:13 PM

KEVco Racing RC Shop,is up and running.......

nice Site,Kevin,DJ.........

Contact RC 08-23-2011 02:44 AM

new site

Our new site is up and running! Take care of all your Contact Tyre and Torque engine by Picco needs at

www.kevcoracing.com

dj apolaro 08-23-2011 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Factory Seal (Post 9560577)
KEVco Racing RC Shop,is up and running.......

nice Site,Kevin,DJ.........

Thanks, but the credit goes to Kevin. He has worked hard to get this going for the racers. Hope everyone enjoys it.

DJ

Factory Seal 08-23-2011 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by dj apolaro (Post 9561980)
Thanks, but the credit goes to Kevin. He has worked hard to get this going for the racers. Hope everyone enjoys it.

DJ

you know we will!

Thank's Kevin!!....:nod::nod::tire::tire:
i will be placing a order with you soon.....:D

nazarc 08-24-2011 12:55 PM

Why this high price? cost less in Italy . 6,50 € torque for 1 / 10.

GMartinez 08-24-2011 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by nazarc (Post 9568599)
Why this high price? cost less in Italy . 6,50 € torque for 1 / 10.

Have u ever heard of a thing called exchange rate Euro to U.S.

rx7ttlm 08-24-2011 03:20 PM

lol

I can say that contact tires are what I would equate to kowahara a couple years back. The last tires I got were super fresh and super sticky.. Better most tires I ever got ahold of... IMHO

rpoage 08-24-2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by GMartinez (Post 9569053)
Have u ever heard of a thing called exchange rate Euro to U.S.

Probably hasn't heard about freight, customs costs either.

Contact RC 08-24-2011 05:41 PM

High Cost?

Guys you are to kind :blush:

I only wish the exchange rate was euro!

Contact Tyres are made in England, where they use the pound :(

Do the math for today: euro=1.44US....gbp=1.64US, so for every dollar spent made in Italy brands like Matrix, Capricorn, Ennetti, SRC, etc gain $.20 on average. At $10.00 that's a $2.00 disadvantage for Contact.

Maybe this helps you understand.

We thank all of the racers supporting a great product, enjoy!

As they say "If you are running Contact Tyres, see you in the Fast Lane!!"