Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Out door track in Richmond, BC!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 11:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool Out door track in Richmond, BC!!!!

Well, nitro is in the air and everyone is getting the itchy trigger finger. Lansdowne is opening up hopfully this weekend for some racing action. It is only gonig to be set up for practicing, but I am sure we will have some good laps going.

Track will be set up at 5pm(so please, we need all the help setting up and tearing down guys)

We are located in Lansdowne Mall on the opossite side of No. 3 Rd so start driving towards the sound of our motors reving...

Please check in with Indy Hobbies(Ken 604-233-0362) for updates on whether they will be running this weekend. The proposed times are Tuesday and Saturday, 5 till when it is too dark to see. There will be a charge of 30 bucks to people that want to come out a practice all summer because we had to pork out $900 for insurance. Just call for details. Of course weather permitting.

Hope to see everyone out there, it is surely going to be a challenging year.

Renton is just around the corner, so for those of you that is planning on going down to Renton for some nitro action, we will be setting up the track like Renton on a scaled down size for some healthy practice.

The track is usually blown down with the leaf blower we have after we set up the track. We found that after we sweep it down after the first day, every day after that, the big pebbles don't really come back. It is just the sand and leaves we have to get rid of after. So yes, we do blow the track every time we run. As for bumps and sewer hazards, those things are inevitable. We try our best to lay out the track around these obstacles , but we are bound to come to a few we just have to dodge. Nothing too serious though, as it is a pretty good parking lot.

This year we are going to try and have a more organized structure for practicing. We found it doesn't totally make sense that stock electric run with nitro 1/10 at the same time as you can see the possible problems with that. Especially the fact that we want to promote the sport to as many people as possible to keep this hobby as strong as possible. We don't want to deter the newbies into giving this a go. We are probably going to run a 10 minute schedule for each type/class of car to keep it a little bit more wholesome and limit the things that get broken.

Once again, we want to keep this place as long as possible so the courtesy excercised in the public eye is very important. We would also like to have people helping with the track stuff...so it takes 10 minutes rather than 3 hours.

Keep posted for some future possiblities.

Samson
Old 03-16-2004, 11:47 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi,

It is great to hear that the Landown track is opening up again soon.

However, is it possible for each paid member (racer) to get some kind of recipt of the $900 insurance paid? That way, we can show that we have paid in case someone asks or if problems arise.

Hopefully, this year will be as good as last years racing, I am surly looking foward to it.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

However, is it possible for each paid member (racer) to get some kind of recipt of the $900 insurance paid? That way, we can show that we have paid in case someone asks or if problems arise.
Definitely, that is what we sort of did last year with this thing. We basically recorded your name under the list and your in. Like any other human being...it is sometimes hard to catch the non-payers using that track, but we will absolutely keep this as fair as possible for everyone. We will lay down everything...cost...blah, blah, blah and if anyone has any doubts...we will be glad to show you all the documentation. The money that we have over from what we collect will go straight back into the track...with upgrading of boards, hoses...etc. We want to keep this track going as long as possible, but if people decide to stop paying. Well it is pretty simple, a couple people just can't take the cake, a good thing would just disappear.

I will try and get the organizers together and plan out some things...we will also probably have a brief little get together when we have the track up so most people know some of the things that are going on...and pretty much some of the ettiquette stuff...

Thank you for your concern...

Samson
Old 03-17-2004, 12:27 AM
B
Tech Master

Thanks for the reply

that is great to hear.

I am looking foward to it!
Old 03-17-2004, 12:30 AM
B
Tech Master

oops, repost
Old 03-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

i think the ID card idea should work, every paid member get some sort of ID and need to put it on inorder to play
Old 03-17-2004, 12:59 PM
B
Tech Master

Originally posted by Fire
i think the ID card idea should work, every paid member get some sort of ID and need to put it on inorder to play
Yeah, and it would be a good idea to keep better track of each racer's radio frequency channel.
Last year, i believe a large number of racers had run aways (or crashes) due to radio interference. Some inconsiderate people just dont care and like to turn their radio on without the freakin clip.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Samson,

Great to see RC racing returning to Richmond. Will there be some kind of website for this track location with info? Please say hi to Ken for me.

By the way, shouldn't this also appear on the Canadian R/C Scene thread?

Ron
Old 03-17-2004, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

the Canadian RC thread is almost like an offroad thread now
Old 03-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Initiate

w00t!!!! track in richmond this weekend?! im so happy
ive been waiting for this day since last month when i bought my first rc car.

do i have to register in advance or something? or can i pay when im at the track?

will there be a race event?

uhh...jsut one more thing...wont it be raining this weekend?
Old 03-17-2004, 08:39 PM
B
Tech Master

LOL, buddy, only since month?

I have been waiting since last September!!
Finally, its here!

Old 03-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Tech Initiate

=P..ive never spent so much money on something that i couldnt use for atleast a day before...soo anxious on getting to the track.

does anybody out there runs a R40?
Old 03-17-2004, 08:57 PM
B
Tech Master

Originally posted by QuickSilver1024
=P..ive never spent so much money on something that i couldnt use for atleast a day before...soo anxious on getting to the track.

does anybody out there runs a R40?
I dont think that anyone from Vancouver, who is also on this thread runs the R40. However, I am aware that a number of racers in vancouver run that car. Not many though. Ask Fire for further details!
Old 03-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

i know a guy from apollo runs R40 last season
it's handles pretty good

and he's a member of the rc tech forum too i think
Old 03-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Blue Sky
Hi Samson,

Great to see RC racing returning to Richmond. Will there be some kind of website for this track location with info? Please say hi to Ken for me.

By the way, shouldn't this also appear on the Canadian R/C Scene thread?

Ron
Oops...yeah for sure...I am pretty new to this site so I just posted where it was kind of applicibable.

Yeah it is nice to have something down in Richmond...kind of keeps the speed demons off the roads as much as possible you know? I am not sure whether we will be having a website for this track, but I will post as often as possible to keep the racers informed...I will let Ken know...

Originally posted by QuickSilver1024
w00t!!!! track in richmond this weekend?! im so happy
ive been waiting for this day since last month when i bought my first rc car.

do i have to register in advance or something? or can i pay when im at the track?

will there be a race event?

uhh...jsut one more thing...wont it be raining this weekend?

I am sure everyone is excited as you are...I know I am dying myself of just running electric all winter...

You don't have to register in advance...but I am going to go over some things with the rest of the organizers and come up with a solid plan with radio frequency's and cards and such for people that sign up to avoid any conflict. You can just show up and we will add you to the roster and pretty much go from there. I myself had the problem with people turning on radios when they are not supposed to, but you've got to also understand there will be total newbies at the track...so we just have to give them a helping hand when they do something wrong...Once is an accident, twice you forgot, thrice...well you get the picture..

Right now, we are not forecasting a race event as it is just set up for practice. I will probably post up here when the time comes.

Can't help you out with the R40 subject..don't know what car I run either... (VoneR, FW-05R)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.