Tech Elite

But with this in mind:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6609771-post7.html

I'm a bit worried....
Old 12-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Roelof
Yes there is on the Serpent website.

It seems they have choosen the LRP SPX8 combo set and probebly the 2800kv version. I have calculated the theoretical speed with the rpm, transmission and 76mm tires and it will hit the 100km/h
i was what the price on this car?400?600?
when is the projected release date?

Last edited by losipoppa; 12-01-2009 at 07:41 AM. Reason: added
Old 12-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CFowler
No motor noise ... no fun
I second that..
Old 12-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losipoppa
i was what the price on this car?400?600?
when is the projected release date?
This one just like the nitro one...I doubt it will be any cheaper then the nitro one.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:38 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

1st test....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB2Wn...eature=channel
Old 12-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.redrc.net/2009/12/serpent...is/#more-24914

Check it out ... Pics
Still no noise no racing
Old 12-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Initiate

i love the whinning noise.....i want one now....
Old 12-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Check it out ... Pics
Still no noise no racing

plus 1 on that nothing beats the nitro sound and rush of it,espially in offroad and onroad its even better
Old 12-02-2009, 02:05 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Check it out ... Pics
Still no noise no racing
Then you need this..

http://www.unbelievablerc.com/detail.php?pid=9
Old 12-02-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Guess what happened here in this video...? Try to LISTEN...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYxjk...eature=channel

BTW...I can't believe MS would actually test the car on the driveway instead of their own testing track....what is the point? Proved the electric car can move 50 feet?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Solara
Guess what happened here in this video...? Try to LISTEN...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYxjk...eature=channel

BTW...I can't believe MS would actually test the car on the driveway instead of their own testing track....what is the point? Proved the electric car can move 50 feet?
Is there nothing positive you can say....
Sheesh if you look at the tarmac you'll see it is damp. The Heemstede track where they wanted to test was still wet. So they went here. I don't know what you think you hear on the clip you posted, but to me it's just a very short missed shot.

For all your usefull comments in the beginning of this thread, I read through the 1/8th electric thread on the elec on road forum. Seems you have a lot of comments and ideas of how it should be done, but no actual experience of your own.

So you might want to refrain from stating "Facts" as 4s does not work etc. As as far as I can read in the other threads, 4s is the only thing that is working for guys in the US at the moment.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Lord

To inform you, there is no own testing track.....

4S is indeed getting a standard, I believe in the offroad it is already a rule. I rather would have seen a mounting for 2x 7.4v packs, those packs are easier to find and becomming cheaper every day. And I wonder if an adapter will be published to charge the 4 single cells as one battery, such a solution is already to find for 7.4v packs:

With 2 spare MRX4 cars and a brandnew Protech VXR8 car I do have some thoughts to convert one. It is just to difficult to choose the right engine and gearing, I know thats why some pioneers have burned up some motors....
Old 12-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Julius
Is there nothing positive you can say....
Sheesh if you look at the tarmac you'll see it is damp. The Heemstede track where they wanted to test was still wet. So they went here. I don't know what you think you hear on the clip you posted, but to me it's just a very short missed shot.

For all your usefull comments in the beginning of this thread, I read through the 1/8th electric thread on the elec on road forum. Seems you have a lot of comments and ideas of how it should be done, but no actual experience of your own.

So you might want to refrain from stating "Facts" as 4s does not work etc. As as far as I can read in the other threads, 4s is the only thing that is working for guys in the US at the moment.
If you really looks thru all my comments...at the end, I am still waiting to see the "TRACK" performance of this vehicles. I DID NOT mention anything NEGATIVE from what Serpent did....I owns over 12 serpent thruout the last 20 years of RC racing and I don't know why I am still buying Serpent. But I am disappointed to seeing you saying I am bad mouthing SERPENT when I was clearly "concerning" about the 966e electronics specification.

I don't have solid "FACTS" to prove because I am not like SERPENT that can spend money on development, research, testing, trail and error....I can only see what I can find online and my very limited resource...

BTW...I have blew up 2 sets of 1/8th speedo and uncounted motors for my own 1/8th project...I just don't see their spec can handle the 1/8th on road. And when I see the 966e with this configuration...all I am asking is the SPEC of the motor, batteries and other stuff so I can understand what Serpent did.

I am sorry if you think I am negative about the 966e, I did not say a word saying THIS DOES NOT WORK...I am still waiting to see the SPEC of the electronics, and the video of the 966e on track, possible running along side with the 966, for comparison. And, I said, I am looking forward to see that...never said a word before seeing the video and the spec. If you can provide the video, the information about the speedo/motor and lipo...please do so so I can purchase one myself...
Old 12-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Our first S966e was shipped to us this week and we will start testing next week. We'll post some info on what we find and if you happen to live in Florida you'll get to see it run in person at the Kissimmee and/or Homestead track.

Keep you posted.

Joaquin
Serpent America
Old 12-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jdesoto
Our first S966e was shipped to us this week and we will start testing next week. We'll post some info on what we find and if you happen to live in Florida you'll get to see it run in person at the Kissimmee and/or Homestead track.

Keep you posted.

Joaquin
Serpent America
pls keep us informed....with pictures to the configurations...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.