do you think Cen can pull it off?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

do you think Cen can pull it off?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Speed traps are the only way you can accurately prove the speed of a car and is the reason why they are used by Guiness to validate a speed attemp . Like I said Cen car in that video does not look like it is going 70 mph and since Cen has not placed in any world speed attemps or even participated in any I doubt it can reach the speeds it claims on the box. So lets just agree to disagree until this Cen car gets released and tested. I will be getting one but it won't be stock for long I will be replacing the kit motor with a modified big block and replacing the radio and tires to see what it can do .
Old 09-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Just video taping your car at the track does not validate your claimed speed. There are at least 3 things people who know look for the first thing is does your car look like it is going fast, is it a blur?? 2nd, What kind of timing system did you use ?? Best speed trap , radar gun, venom speedo. The last idem tells the viewer if the film has been doctored........ if people or objects or birds in the background are moving at a speed that is impossible would indicate that the person who made the video sped it up to make the car look fast. Videos can be doctored and when I look at one if the cars don't appear to be moving as fast as the speed claimed by the person filming the video especially a radar gun I question the results.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

when i started this thread i sent andrew an email and i just got a reply today with this.

"Sorry about the late reply... I just looked into it... and the CT4R 5.0 will be available in October. (Next Month) It will only be available directly through CEN Racing. Keep in touch."

Thanks for your interest.

Andrew Smolnik
Old 02-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

So Nitrohead5300, did you even make that video of a CT4 topping out at 50mph??? LMFAO...
Old 02-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

You are the one who is a liar, I never said I was going to video a pos CT4. I have been busy working on 1/5 scale projects. Besides videos can be doctored. Why don't you go buy a CT4 car and bring it over so I can run over it with my 2 speed 1/5 scale?? The big block Cen has the potential to do 90mph with a little work but I don't believe it will do 90 mph bone stock out the box.

Last edited by nitrohead5300; 02-28-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
You are the one who is a liar, I never said I was going to video a pos CT4. I have been busy working on 1/5 scale projects. Why don't you go buy a CT4 car and bring it over so I can run over it with my 2 speed 1/5 scale?? The big block Cen has the potential to do 90mph with a little work but I don't believe it will do 90 mph bone stock out the box.
Typical backpedalling when you can't provide evidence to back up your claims. You claimed the CT4 in the youtube video I linked to tops out at 50mph while the radar gun said 74mph. I'm still waiting for your video with a 50mph reading.

Oh btw I don't plan on getting any lame caster oil based NITRO cars. I'd rather spend my money on a GAS powered 2 stroke race ported stuffed crank 30cc engine for my BAJA 5B 2.0.

I actually OWN a 1/5 scale...vs hollow CLAIMS of owning one.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

You must be bored and want to argue with someone. I am not backpeddling I expressed my opinion I don't believe that the car was going 70 mph if you believe it is fine, I don't care what you believe or think. And if you don't have a reed modified and ported motor you don't have nothing anyway.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

You must be bored and want to argue with someone. I am not backpeddling I expressed my opinion I don't believe that the car was going 70 mph if you believe it is fine, I don't care what you believe or think. And if you don't have a reed modified and ported motor you don't have nothing anyway.
ANYTHING is better than vaporware....even a CEN.

Let me know when you get that video made...
Old 02-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Stop blowing smoke and put up your crack pipe dude !! I am not going to waste my time doing a video on a car that is pos in stock form. And I hope to God you don't have a 1/5 scale because you would not have enough sense to run it safely , you with a 1/5 scale would be like a menace to society.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Stop blowing smoke and put up your crack pipe dude !! I am not going to waste my time doing a video on a car that is pos in stock form.
You'd be the best person to know what blowing smoke means.

Stop making claims if you can't back it up. Still waiting for that 50mph video...
Old 02-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

No, you are the blow master. I expressed my opinion you disagree with it you disprove it. And disprove it by using an electronic timing system no radar gun. SO put up or shut up .
Old 02-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

LMFAO...nice attempt at trying to shift the goal posts.

CEN made a claim, they backed it up with a video that clearly says over 70mph.

You made a counter claim that the CT4 in said video doesn't look like it's going 74mph and more like 50mph or some other lame excuse of the radar gun being out of calibration or the video was sped up...LMAO.

Nobody is stopping you from disproving CEN's claim. It's very easy to do, get a CT4 and borrow a radar gun but you CHOSE not to I wonder why....

Again....WHERE'S YOUR VIDEO?????

Take your own advice Put Up Or Shut Up....
Old 02-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Videos prove nothing they can be doctored. And for your information I have a radar gun but the CT4 is not worth the effort to me . You like Cen products so much and this CT4 so much you video it. So put up or shut up setup your electronic timing system and video your result. Disproving Cen claim is not a priority to me it has already been disproven in a issue of rc car action it was clocked at 66 mph.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

I will be getting one but it won't be stock for long I will be replacing the kit motor with a modified big block and replacing the radio and tires to see what it can do .
Apparently you still haven't gotten one OR you got one and GOT OWNED because it's as fast as the video suggest.

The only thing you've proven is the fact you're an ARMCHAIR DOUBTER..
Old 02-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

What are you talking about?? The CT4 or the Big BLock?? I am talking about the CT4 .In the 2005 issue of RC Car action they did a test on the CT4 and the best they could get out of it was 67 mph not 74mph so you need to shut your punk ass mouth up. Debating on getting the big block because my local hobby shop is no longer carrying parts for Cen cars he says they may be going out of business. Besides I like my 1/5 scale better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.