i know he is gone and the person that created may be banned too
Old 09-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Old 09-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
and the person that created may be banned too
Why? I see absolutely nothing wrong with his question. He was simply surprised by the fact that there were so many 1/8th entries when there seems to be so little support for 1/8th at the local level. It's not his fault people took things into a completely different direction.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Why? I see absolutely nothing wrong with his question. He was simply surprised by the fact that there were so many 1/8th entries when there seems to be so little support for 1/8th at the local level. It's not his fault people took things into a completely different direction.
The problem is that he created a second account to talk smack,
Old 09-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Lord

I'm not talking about geeky, I'm talking about the OP. Do you mean Geeky and the OP are the same or did you mean you may ban Geeky's original account?
Old 09-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gary47

I was asking ROARS break down as why the cost is 80.00 when most other events are in 40-60 range are we paying for the roar staff ect not if i can afford it or not thats my bussiness and no ones else understand
First of all thank you roar for some type answer to my question and when were talking about $25,000 for a race that extra 20.00 dose add up and not to long ago roar all most went belly up when top officals scamed racers out of thousands of dollars like 100 plus so member ship dose have right ask these questions.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Dawn Sanchez;6387034]Again?

What is you real name since I only see your handle here?

Dawn - excellent idea - all ROAR officials should adhere to this policy.

Was quite impressed that the RMT held to the schedule for the most part the whole event - think the only deviation was a little shorter races in some cases on Sunday. The rule change issue has been brought up repeatedly - the one that I recall was having the car over the board during refueling - guess as long as what was done was clearly stated up front and applied equally should have been inconsequential.

RE: Awards - we really need some help in that area - I might be biased but in my opinion the typical GLC awards are much nicer than we've gotten at nationals and 301 Raceway had some fantastic awards in 2008. Also the glasses/mugs that were awarded at this years nationals were (I'm 99% sure)supplied by the Toledo club.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Again?

What is you real name since I only see your handle here?

Dawn - excellent idea - all ROAR officials should adhere to this policy.

yes, are you telling me Excom members do not include their name in the signature?

About the rule changes - there were none. There were a few decisions made in the best interest of the racing and the event of which I understand several did not understand or accept. The one of the car over the boards during fueling - My understandign was the fuel and refueling was fine, but the nose of the car was over the plane of the barrier by 1/2 an inch, if even that much. And, to be honest, I would have ruled the same way - why ruin a guys race because the pit guy didn't move 1/2 an inch? C'mon.... Did that really effect the outcome of the race?

And, awards... careful Rick........... This year ROAR awards are beyond amazing and quite a bit of thought, work and pride go into them. The mugs are the hosts as I have no idea what you are talking about.

But, thank you for your comments about the event and most especially your attendance and enthusiasm to support the event and ROAR.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

First of all thank you roar for some type answer to my question and when were talking about $25,000 for a race that extra 20.00 dose add up and not to long ago roar all most went belly up when top officals scamed racers out of thousands of dollars like 100 plus so member ship dose have right ask these questions.

I have no idea what you are referring to. ROAR scammed racers out of entry fees and almost went belly up? How is that anything close to relevant in this situation or even the truth?

$80.00 entry fee is very common for large races with the perks that are recevied. And this one, national championship title is awarded.

If this is something you would like to discuss, my phone number can be found on the website and I always try to answer every phone call. (within reasonable hours, of course)
Old 09-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Lord

[QUOTE=Dawn Sanchez;6388250]
Originally Posted by Rick Davis
why ruin a guys race because the pit guy didn't move 1/2 an inch? C'mon.... Did that really effect the outcome of the race?
Because I myself and many others have been penalized for just that in the past. And in my case, it cost me a bump up. My pit guy has never made that mistake again.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
I have no idea what you are referring to. ROAR scammed racers out of entry fees and almost went belly up? How is that anything close to relevant in this situation or even the truth?

$80.00 entry fee is very common for large races with the perks that are recevied. And this one, national championship title is awarded.

If this is something you would like to discuss, my phone number can be found on the website and I always try to answer every phone call. (within reasonable hours, of course)
Well i did call got your answering service but no return call not surprised, the above comment was roar officers at that time almost bankrupt roar may be you should check roar history and can you tell me whom held card #1 ?
Old 09-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well i did call got your answering service but no return call not surprised, the above comment was roar officers at that time almost bankrupt roar may be you should check roar history and can you tell me whom held card #1 ?
And why is this important to the current conversation? If what you are saying is true, that was the past and we are now in/dealing with the present. Again, if you are willing to spend thousands to attend a ROAR-sanctioned race, what is $80 to you? ROAR is a business and they deal with businesses that allow them to hold a sanctioned race at their facilities. This is not done out of charity or for free.

From what I see, this whole thread/conversation is going nowhere and accomplishing nothing other than bashing each other, bringing up the past, and having hard feeling. If you felt wronged by someone at ROAR, take it up ROAR via PM, email, voicemail, phone conversion, or snail mail. Again, nobody forced you to go to the event and it appears that you took a spot from someone who was more willing and would have been more appreciating in the apportunity to attend (myself included). This whole thing really needs to end.