Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho IGT...problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Kyosho IGT...problem

Hello all...Just got my new Kyosho IGT2...When I opened the box and took the car out I noticed some oil around the front diff where it mounts to the chassi. Assuming it's diff fluid.
1.Why is it doing this?
2.Is this a know problem with this car?
3.How do I fix it?
Thanks....Mike
Old 06-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's one of three things. Either oil has leaked from the diff, from the shocks, or someone at the factory decided to dump oil on the car. More than likely it is from the diff, and this does happen from shipping, especially from overseas.

Follow the instructions or ask a local racer for help. Remove the front diff from the car, clean up the oil, disassemble the front diff, replace the gasket if needed, refill with oil, and put it all back together.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motomike122
Hello all...Just got my new Kyosho IGT2...When I opened the box and took the car out I noticed some oil around the front diff where it mounts to the chassi. Assuming it's diff fluid.
1.Why is it doing this?
2.Is this a know problem with this car?
3.How do I fix it?
Thanks....Mike

Congratulations on your new car!!!!!!!

OK, having just done a bit of work on my new IGT, hopefully either I or some of the other more experienced folk can give you some help with this!

First off, what color was the oil??? Clear????

More then likely what you have is a leaky front diff - since the rear comes from the factory with grease in it! Sooooo, dig a bit deeper in the box - in it you'll find a buncha instructions!!!!!!!

You'll find the assembly instructions - just go backwards!!!! And, when you get to the front diff - check to see if it was assembled properly at the factory - INCLUDING the tightness of the 4 diff screws and making sure that all o-rings were properly installed!!! My guess is that you'll find something pretty obvious - loose screws or something to that effect.

I refilled my front with 100,000 wt silicone fluid.....

Dive in - this is a hobby and it's a hands on experience!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!