Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile 220mm conversion kit

Hi,

Ive run the G4RS now for just over 3 months, and changing from serpent i have dropped my lap times considerably ( which is amazing! ) really like the car handles like a dream and i havent broken anything since i bought it, only stripped one spur gear! where as the serpent kept breaking on me.

I was just wondering, i want to do the Sports GT class next year for nationals as i attended one national this year and came 3rd in the B Final and this was my first national and only been racing since feburary, loved the adrenanline and rush, but like the new 220mm class. Ive seen there is a 220mm conversion kit for the G4RS and want to give it a try its not to expensive and looks good, just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this? if they are good, do they handle well etc.

Thanks
Old 11-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

i was thinking about getting another g4rs 09 and doing the 220mm to it if you do end up doing it post up your input about it
Old 11-03-2010, 10:47 PM
abi
Tech Adept

Default 220mm about to happen here too.

Originally Posted by td-civ
i was thinking about getting another g4rs 09 and doing the 220mm to it if you do end up doing it post up your input about it
I'll be fitting one of my 09's out with the 220mm conversion shortly. I havent seen any setups for them so not sure what to do re chassis settings. Havent found anything using Google either! If anyone has any links to sites or people running this kit please post them up or PM me?

Cheers
Adrian
Old 11-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Where did you buy your kit from?, i cant source any from the uk so im gonna have to buy it overseas..

cheers
Lewis
Old 11-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by LShort
Where did you buy your kit from?, i cant source any from the uk so im gonna have to buy it overseas..

cheers
Lewis
I got my kit from http://www.wolfhobbies.com/ who are the Team Magic distributor in the US.

You could also grab one from http://www.rc-mushroom.com/

RC Mushroom also have the Lola Conversion Kit avaliable as well.

Cheers Ian
Old 11-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

any of you guys running the front wire anti-roll bar?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Wire Bar

Originally Posted by td-civ
any of you guys running the front wire anti-roll bar?
Im running the one from Kfactory,also rear one from Kfactory.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys,

Last night had the time to check what happened, total disaster :

- Thrust Bearing GONE from centax : GONE

- 2nd speed gear got loose from its housing (those so-small screws really do the job ?), so at least one of the small screws got loose inside the 2 speed housing and got the 2 speed shoes all screwed, total destruction.

So, i was lucky to end the race on 1st gear actually ...

WHY this happened ?, no idea ...

cya,
Old 11-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Well guys,

Last night had the time to check what happened, total disaster :

- Thrust Bearing GONE from centax : GONE

- 2nd speed gear got loose from its housing (those so-small screws really do the job ?), so at least one of the small screws got loose inside the 2 speed housing and got the 2 speed shoes all screwed, total destruction.

So, i was lucky to end the race on 1st gear actually ...

WHY this happened ?, no idea ...

cya,
Unlucky Pato

Just wondering...

Do you use the standard (with mounting lugs) or Kfactory (no lugs) spur gears?

I guess less clutch end float next time!

Pip
Old 11-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Pic

Could you take pics of those parts that destroyed .
Old 11-08-2010, 03:44 AM
Tech Adept

Speaking of two speeds, i have recently picked up a second hand G4RS09 and the main shaft has me a bit confused. The end has a bolt in it and something like a thrust bearing washer (without the long shim neck) holding the gears on. I see in the manual that it's meant to have a circlip on the end instead.
I am wondering if the standard shaft has a 3mm bolt hole in the end or is this perhaps an aftermarket shaft?

The two speed housing is also so worn down its worn to the adjustment hole!! I didn't think it could wear down that much.... do they tend to wear out quick?
Old 11-08-2010, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitoriousRC
Speaking of two speeds, i have recently picked up a second hand G4RS09 and the main shaft has me a bit confused. The end has a bolt in it and something like a thrust bearing washer (without the long shim neck) holding the gears on. I see in the manual that it's meant to have a circlip on the end instead.
I am wondering if the standard shaft has a 3mm bolt hole in the end or is this perhaps an aftermarket shaft?

The two speed housing is also so worn down its worn to the adjustment hole!! I didn't think it could wear down that much.... do they tend to wear out quick?
That was a mod to do away with the E clip

The housing sometimes touches the clutch bell and wears like this - bad design , however it looks ugly but will still work fine.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry no pics

Anyway i just rebuilt all, and seems OK.

For the 2 speed housing wear, just try a different gear ratio, go up 1T on spurs and 1T on pinions and no more rubbing at all.

Hope this weekend the 2speed holds up ...
Old 11-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've had a not so good last few days with my G4RS 09 as well.

I have had two major issues this week!

The first was a simple one... accidentally managed to "Snag" the Wire for my Battery which has resulted in my Car being "Posessed"... replaced this with a spare battery that I had until I get the propper time to sit down and warm up the Soldering Iron to replace the connection.

The second was I managed to spring a fuel leak from the engine which has spread some "lovely crap" all over my Brake Disc, Pads and Bulkhead (not to mentioon the rest of the rear end of the Car). My mate at the Local Hobby Shop finally located it after I had thought that it was just the fuel line. Turns out one of the O Rings in the Carby is shot... a neat little 10 Cent part... if that.

On the bright side though it has given me lots of matience time as well as opportuinity to pull down most of the car and ensure that everything else is working!

Lets hope that I am good to go for the weekend!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
That was a mod to do away with the E clip

The housing sometimes touches the clutch bell and wears like this - bad design , however it looks ugly but will still work fine.
Oh, well nice mod (i hate circlips).... i was going to ring you to ask so thanks for that.
I was trying to get it clicking into second and wasn't sure if the edges of the hole were digging in a bit and keeping it in second. Maybe i didnt have enough room to click into second as i race at the track at Kambah in the ACT which is a fairly small track.

Have ordered a new one which was nice and cheap.

Had a bit of an altercation with the pit wall after i hit a shallow puddle and it went a bit haywire (full throttle slam!)..... i got lazy and didnt put a balloon around the receiver like all my other rx's especially since i have the holey rx box~

First few laps were awesome. It's now pulled apart waiting on some bits and a complete rebuild so i can get to know it better.

Cheers man~

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.