Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by hurhur
its a PICCO!!
will go for RB 5 ports anytime....
Whats a Picco???? Im lost here
Old 01-16-2002, 03:14 AM
Tech Champion

Novarossi: this engine doesnt have your blood inside. Its a picco. Collari only mod picco engine now !
Old 01-16-2002, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by Manticore
Novarossi: this engine doesnt have your blood inside. Its a picco. Collari only mod picco engine now !
Yeah Yeah I know Picco manfacturer all of Collari's engines, but how is that engine in your link (Yokomo page) the same as the Collari above
Old 01-16-2002, 03:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Novarossi

Yeah Yeah I know Picco manfacturer all of Collari's engines, but how is that engine in your link (Yokomo page) the same as the Collari above
You need to ask your competitor or Mr. Collari ! hahaha
Old 01-16-2002, 03:20 AM
Tech Champion

Yokomo released the same engine last August !!
Old 01-16-2002, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Manticore
Yokomo released the same engine last August !!
So u mean Collari improved the previous 5 port, or is it that our dear Mr Novarossi's behind time?
Old 01-16-2002, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes it is a picco RR. Ok all you Mr Wizards just how is it a five port? (yeas it has five holes but is it really a five port) I only see three in the liner that allows fuel into the cylinder. Those extra 2 on the bottom go nowhere as they are always completely covered by the piston during its entire stroke. Now if there were holes in the piston then they would be meaningfull. If I drilled 27 holes around the bottom of a liner would you call it a 27 port? I don't think so. If it truly had 2 holes in the piston to correspond to those it would be a 7 port and it would be a true statement. And that is exactly why those are there. (Its called a, well you know, for one of those guys that gets cars and engines for free). Be carefull of hype on engines. More ports isn't always better, how they are arranged and what they do is more important. Those run pretty good I hear though. They finally fixed the rod (thank god, in the picco too) and reworked the timing some. The engine is truly a three port still and would be roar legal if the crank had a legal turbo cut in it. The RR is Illegal I know but I havent seen the non turbo plug collari inside yet. I should have that answer next week sometime. The collari and RR non turbo are Ifmar legal though as Ifmar does not have a stupid crank rule like we have.
Time will tell how those stack up. still have a crappy carb on them though, nova carbs and os carbs have it all over them. I do like the three oil catcher holes on the exhaust side to lube the hot side of the piston.(helps prevent siezure) I have used that on a few Eagle engines recently. A few Nova 21's have that to.

ahhhh roar illegal rr crank, the turbo cut is legal as long as it does not enter the tunnel. look like it do in this case. novas are cut on the counterweight not into the tunnel

Last edited by Motorman; 01-16-2002 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Ohhhhhhhh, thats what those 3 holes are for, hmmm. Cool. Thanks MM. I remember seeing the pic of the .12 RR. Who posted that pic, back in late summer?
Old 01-16-2002, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Motorman

Let me get this straight. Are you saying the 2 extra ports are totally useless??? And if so, where would the holes have to be in the piston while at tdc?? and why? BTW... I've heard that OFNA has the rights to a 7 port 12...(now I know that it will most likely have the two ports in the piston that you've spoke of) ...comments?? While we are on the subject, I never could understand why you skirt the piston on the RTO. Dying to know. Please enlighten me....

Last edited by Jonathan; 01-16-2002 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2002, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes that is exactly what I am saying. at no time are they ever contributors to fuel mixture flow in that engine in its current configuration.

The hole location in the piston needs to correspond with the hole. It needs to open just before the transfer ports open as the piston travels downward. It needs to be fully open as the piston reaches bottom dead center of the crank rotation so the holes are going to be just about the same size as those lower ports. The timing of the holes is critical. what this does is scavenge the trapped fuel air mixture under the piston making the engine more effecient. Now I really let a cat out of the bag!!!

Why skirt. If you take the cover off the back of your engine and watch the piston as you roll it down to Bottom dead center you will see that the crankshaft counterweight and the skirt of the piston cuts off the boost port becaust the piston gets so close to the counterweight. This is why I use a double skirt on my pistons as it allows the transfer path to stay open. It keeps the port flow from going zero at BDC which is bad for combustion chamber and cylinder fill turbulence. Turbulence makes power done the proper way. RTU's share the same piston and liner design as the RTO. Its just that the RTO has more exhaust timing.
Old 01-17-2002, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AMEN!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.