Wiki Posts
Search

Nos System

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 12:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Post Nos System

hello,
i'm from germany, so pls excuse my bad english.

i have a crazy fellor who has a nos system in his mtsubishi eclipse
and when we first tried it was really awsome.

now i'm thinking about a mini nos-system in a rc car.

i don't know anything about something like that and if it would ruin my engine or not.

but would't it be cool to have a kind of turbo in his rc car.

now my question is, if some of u guys know if something like that is existing or it would be possible to build it or this is all shit.

thanks and greetings from germany
chris
Old 12-13-2003, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it is possible I have done it. However direct spray into the engine is not possible as you could never get the orifice small enough. even at .0001 diameter the volume is to large. the only way it was successful was to fog it in front of the intake and let the engine take what it wanted. Yes it is extremly hard on engine parts, yes I blew a few engines up, yes it was awesome when it worked, yes it requires that you add an additional 6 parts of fuel for one part nitrous. The plus part is the glow plug acts like a fuse if the mixture is to lean and instantly burns out saving the engine. all that said it can be done, it ain't easy, but its awesome when it works as long as the engine is still in one piece. It also requires some fairly heavy parts to contain and distribute the nitrous if you want to do it safely. The hardware will weigh at least a pound.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

I was thinking of this idea as well, just have it go into the air intake tube and let the engine suck up what it wants. Dont know whether i will try it.
The turbo isnt possible, do a search for turbo on the forums and see what people say