Community
Wiki Posts
Search

motonica help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default motonica help

morning guys hope you are all well and ready for your 2009 season... here in the uk we kick off on the 17 april..... oh bummer i in florida at the time lol...

right... can someone please point me in the right direction for a basic starting point on a set up for the motonica car....this will be my first year in 1/8th so things still a little over me head...

also .... clutch "grrrrrrrrrrrr" can you also give me some newbie info on setting it up.... during the shakedown yesterday the car pulled away fine ,changed gear fine but then when i went for full power just sounded as something was slipping checked all gears, belts etc nothing slipping there... rebuilt the clutch to the book but the gap they tell you via the a+b blah bal is 2.3mm seems alot

many thanks
lee
Old 03-09-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hoy!

Garen from Motonica USA would be the best person to speak with. He has some really killer setups. You can send a PM to Garen on the forums for more information.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lee, ignore the instructions for the clutch.

Assemble the clutch up until the tightening of the spring nut. Install both ball bearings in the clutchbell. Place the bell over the shaft and spin it. If the bell rubs the shoes, install as many shims as needed to prevent the clutchbell from rubbing the clutch shoe. Once that is done, install the thrust bearing assembly, and install shims between the screw guide and the outer thrust bearing to allow about 0.4mm play. Check again after break in.