Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Thunder Tiger Ts4N runs but will not move - new to r/c help?? >

Thunder Tiger Ts4N runs but will not move - new to r/c help??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder Tiger Ts4N runs but will not move - new to r/c help??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thunder Tiger Ts4N runs but will not move - new to r/c help??

My son has had one of these for his birthday last weekend, nephew hit a kerb with it from the rear and the car runs fine but will not move forward now. The throttle linkage etc all seems to be fine as does stearing etc.

But the car will not drive

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Your going to have to look at it close enough to find out what broke or moved. Did the engine move (slide) in the slots of the chassis? Did you brake a belt or drive shaft? Engine clutch come apart? Spur gear (big plastic one) teeth missing? You must be able to see something?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

one of the reason could be pebbles or dirt stuck in between the spurs and pinion.

if that is not the case then like what wizby said , have a thorough closer look to find out whats wrong. i assume the engine is running but the car isn't moving right?
Old 01-29-2009, 03:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Guys

I will take a look this evening and see if any of these sugestions is the cuase.

The car starts fine and revs nicely when accelarating on controls etc. Front wheels respond etc and there is a noise of a free flowing wheel that spins to a stop when you pinch the fuel line but the car will not move so it must be one of the reasons you have listed I guess. completely new to this, only bought my son the Thunder Tiger and me a Kyosho Fazer on Saturday and then he let his cousin have a go which turned into a disaster.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

From that I have to think the engine moved. The spinning sound might be the clutch bell thats no longer gear meshed to the spur gear. Maybe. Its hard to tell. Its a three belt car, if one of the belts broke it would still move. Is the big plastic gear missing its teeth? Its near the front of the engine?
Old 01-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I dare say it's probably a clutch fault or your motor mounts have moved and the clutch bell doesn't make contact with the spur gears
Old 01-30-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Guys

Tried everything proposed last night and have one happy little boy now.

The enging had moved forward sligtly on its mounts, pulled it back and the flywheel etc obviously made better connection. Car now running absolutley fine.

Many thanks
Old 01-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Better order a spare spur gear. The chances of you getting a proper gear mesh your first time is not likely. To close or too loose will wear the plastic teeth off of the gear. Good luck!!