Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LRP race

Originally posted by Julius
More consistent laptimes (meaning easier to drive and keep lines). Also breaking was better, but I had to get used to the slight understeer under braking. I normally use very little brak but brake long into corners. With the diff ou'd get more understeer into corners. So I needed to brake earlier but also get off the brakes sooner.
This is how I break, too - I've got my brakes on the Tx @ 30%, but only push the trigger very slightly forward - leading to long braking distances.

Accelerating out of corners is the same. You can tune the amount of under/oversteer with the rear diff.
Is this a general rule, i.e. also for one-way? I mean, when tuning the setup should I aim to tighten the diff upto the point where I'm happy with the balance between understeer and oversteer when powering out of a corner?

Thanks for the info, Mark.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LRP race

Originally posted by markp27
This is how I break, too - I've got my brakes on the Tx @ 30%, but only push the trigger very slightly forward - leading to long braking distances.

Is this a general rule, i.e. also for one-way? I mean, when tuning the setup should I aim to tighten the diff upto the point where I'm happy with the balance between understeer and oversteer when powering out of a corner?

Thanks for the info, Mark.
Yes certainly. Anyone that has an on power push where the rest of the handling is fine, just tighten the clamp on the rear diff little by little till you get what you need.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Julius, another question regarding one-way V front-diff.

Why is it that a front diff is better suited to a low-grip track. I thought the one-way would understeer less on and off power and therefore when conditions are a little "slippery" that the one-way would have even more of an advantage

Thanks
Old 06-29-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Julius, another question regarding one-way V front-diff.

Why is it that a front diff is better suited to a low-grip track. I thought the one-way would understeer less on and off power and therefore when conditions are a little "slippery" that the one-way would have even more of an advantage

Thanks
On a low grip track, braking will be very difficult with a one-way. Less understeer off-power can also be a problem in low grip as it may lead to oversteer into a corner.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LRP race

Originally posted by Julius
I normally use very little brake but brake long into corners.
Woow ! So that's the trick ! I tried braking with oneway front while turning and it was DANGEROUS. Excellent steering and the car would just woosh into the hairpin sharp when executed correctly. Very lethal. You only need very little steering input.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LRP race

I think Julius is referring to using braking to assist steering...
Old 06-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LRP race

Originally posted by InitialD
I think Julius is referring to using braking to assist steering...
*OUCH*
Hmm that's pretty difficult to execute - I'm not going to be using that any time soon
Old 06-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone have some pics of some neat wireing? I need to find a good way to route my cables in the car.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Finken
Anyone have some pics of some neat wireing? I need to find a good way to route my cables in the car.
I second that request
Old 06-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Finken
Here's a picture that was posted awhile back.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

guys I have a really important question about the electronics on the s710 can you plug the battery pack directly into the receiver? I have a servo extender but everything looks much more neater without it

thx
Old 06-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by FW05R
guys I have a really important question about the electronics on the s710 can you plug the battery pack directly into the receiver? I have a servo extender but everything looks much more neater without it
One of the reasons why you would want to use the extender is to avoid wearing the pins out on the receiver. If those pin connectors spoil on the receiver, it'll be difficult and expensive to repair.

Also, the extender makes it easier for you to make the connection from the receiver pack to the receiver. If you were to make direct connections, you would probably need to take off the receiver cover every now and then to connect / disconnect.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Does anybody think that this resembles the new Serpent / Ellegi tires that is pictured on the 710 kit box? The picture below are the new Twister tire rims.

Old 06-29-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Does anybody think that this resembles the new Serpent / Ellegi tires that is pictured on the 710 kit box? The picture below are the new Twister tire rims.

Yup, they look like them.

D,
What shore are you using on your car?
Old 06-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by PSI Racing
What shore are you using on your car?
Usually 40 all around. For heats, maybe 37 or even 35. On rougher surfaces, 42 shore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.