Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

BTW, Master D, looks like you'll be getting to the 5000 mark tonite! hahahaha less than 1 week ago, I think you're still at 4700!!
Old 11-20-2003, 03:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by lawndoggie
So Big D, will you be coming to HK anytime soon?
I'm flattered ! I always long to go to HK. Perhaps soon and you can probably show me some hideouts ! .
Old 11-20-2003, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD
Easy. They are actually the same size as the MTX-3 front bearing. The size is 10 x 15 x 4. You can also get it at a bearing shop. Cheaper than the LHS. I believe Speedmind also sells the 10 x 15 x 4 ceramic bearing version. I believe this you can get easily at where you are.
REALLY????????

10x15x4....
10 is the inner dia?
15 is the outter dia?
and 4 is the thickness?

Thanks dude!
Old 11-20-2003, 03:41 AM
Tech Prophet

BTW, Master D, looks like you'll be getting to the 5000 mark tonite! hahahaha less than 1 week ago, I think you're still at 4700!!
Woow... I didn't know somebody was keeping tabs !
Old 11-20-2003, 03:42 AM
Tech Prophet

REALLY????????
Yes, really !

10x15x4....
10 is the inner dia?
15 is the outter dia?
and 4 is the thickness?
That's correct, dude !
Old 11-20-2003, 03:50 AM
Tech Regular

what about doggie bones? You know of any dog bones other than the hudy/serpent stuff that fits the front?
They don't have to be super strong, as I think I'll end up lossing them rather than breaking them, although I managed to do both in 2 outing! hahahahaa

Hey another question. My poor pipe.. its got dent on it.. looking bad!! I think someone told me about putting some sort of liquid in it and then put it in the freezer to "reverse" the dent??
Do you know of any ways to fix it?
Thanks
Old 11-20-2003, 04:01 AM
Tech Prophet

what about doggie bones? You know of any dog bones other than the hudy/serpent stuff that fits the front?
I don't know of any dog bones other than the Serpent one that fits the front.

They don't have to be super strong, as I think I'll end up lossing them rather than breaking them, although I managed to do both in 2 outing! hahahahaa
Ummm, what you could do is to paint them in flourecent colour so that it's easy to spot them if they toss out.

Secondly, you could use cable ties to loop around the dog bones when it's installed. The other end of the cable tie can either be connected to the shock tower or any other part on the car. This way when the dogbones come out, they do not fly off. The cable tires will not allow the dogbones to fly far. You should not tighten the cable tie hard on the dogbone. Just enough to make a loop around it in order for it not to bind. This is actually what I did when I started out. When I hit the steering knuckles less, I did not use it anymore. Also, make sure the horizontal spacing of the front dogbones are not excessive. Else, put spacers in a form of fuel tubing in the one way drive cup to push the dogbone fully into the wheel side. Not too tight to bind the suspension. Just enough will do.

Hey another question. My poor pipe.. its got dent on it.. looking bad!! I think someone told me about putting some sort of liquid in it and then put it in the freezer to "reverse" the dent??
Thanks
Yes, put in water (some say put milk ! ). Plug the pipe nicely so that the water is fully trapped in the pipe. You can use the silicone caps like the ones sold by Mugen to cap the pipe, engine carb etc.

Put the pipe in the freezer for the whole night and bring it out afterwards. You may need to do it a few times depending on how bad the damage is. Good luck !
Old 11-20-2003, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks
Water expands dramatically and with a very large force when frozen and you'd probably end up with a completely split pipe - I wouldn't do it.
If it were possible to seal both ends somehow and stick the pipe in boiling water to allow the air pressure to push the dent out, that'd be ok, but I doubt you can seal the pipe effectively.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Water expands dramatically and with a very large force when frozen and you'd probably end up with a completely split pipe - I wouldn't do it.
Mark, it can be done. Someone (me ) did it before and it was successful. Of course, don't put it too long in the freezer. One night will do.

However, I cannot say the true for an AE NTC3 pipe though... Like what you say, you'll definitely split it at the seams if you put it in the freezer !
Old 11-20-2003, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

It doesnt matter how long it in the freezer... once it is frozen the water can not expand anymore...

I do it all the time, and have never split the pipe....

If its a big dent... use water... if its only a small one, milk works well as it doesnt have as much force when expanding.

I realy dont think the air pressure with boiling will work at all.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Mark, it can be done. Someone (me ) did it before and it was successful. Of course, don't put it too long in the freezer. One night will do.

However, I cannot say the true for an AE NTC3 pipe though... Like what you say, you'll definitely split it at the seams if you put it in the freezer !
Really I once thought I would chill a bottle of beer quickly - I wanted to leave it for ten minutes to get the correct temperature. Two days later I wanted to take something out of the freezer and saw some really strange brown blob in there scared the life out of me until I realised it was the remains of the beer I wanted to chill
Old 11-20-2003, 04:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Really I once thought I would chill a bottle of beer quickly - I wanted to leave it for ten minutes to get the correct temperature. Two days later I wanted to take something out of the freezer and saw some really strange brown blob in there scared the life out of me until I realised it was the remains of the beer I wanted to chill
So what's the lesson learnt here...?

DON'T DRINK TOO MUCH BEER !
Old 11-20-2003, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by sparksy
It doesnt matter how long it in the freezer... once it is frozen the water can not expand anymore...

I do it all the time, and have never split the pipe....

If its a big dent... use water... if its only a small one, milk works well as it doesnt have as much force when expanding.

I realy dont think the air pressure with boiling will work at all.
It does work, but I tried mine for a second time and it deformed the pipe by over expanding it, just be carefull.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:51 AM
Tech Adept

Well if you can wait till May of next year.. I can bring you one from HK =) under 400USD and of course you don't have to worry shipping then.
Thanks for the offer lawndoggie, you are a true gentleman but I really got to have one before then, perhaps you could suggest a decent LHS that will ship to the UK.
Old 11-20-2003, 05:17 AM
GQ
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
I can't beleive how lucky you guys are! Over here in the UK we'll pay £350 to £370 sterling which is equivalent to about $575 US Dollars, I tell you this country really sucks.

The does cost about >430 dollars... B.Schrijver got a good deal with his local LHS..... Living in the country where the Serpent is beeing made doesn't mean we get the parts any faster...... and it certainly doesn't mean we get things for cheap hahahahahaha...
That's not the Serpent way...... LOL. Money makes the world go round.....don't forget that....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.