Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 02:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Maybe cruel but i am sick of hudy critisising this car, maybe if he had given it a little more time and a little more patience he would be having fun
Fully agree.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Maybe cruel but i am sick of hudy critisising this car, maybe if he had given it a little more time and a little more patience he would be having fun
That's true.
But then again he still needs to buy a new car and a new engine since he sold both for only $50.
That's probably why he's going around bashing the 710, because he has no car to mess around with.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:05 AM
Tech Prophet

during a practice at my local track some dumbo thought it would be fun to go down the straight backwards
And I thought this only happen at our local tracks !
Old 05-24-2004, 02:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by InitialD
I guess the DARKSIDE is working overtime ! Welcome aboard.

Hey, is that a new trick you're planning to do to free up the drive train?

Well, I think as long as you manage to break in the piston sleeve afterwards, it should be OK. Don't think it's completely toast. Perhaps Serpent should put a warning in the front of the kit saying that if you're breaking in the engine, be careful not to overdo it and get carried away driving the car too much !

Didn't you get the new rear shock tower with the 710? Get the new one which is thicker. Still running mine.

Yes it was much overtime building the kit in 14 hours from saturday afternoon till sundaymorning

Gues the drivetrain is very smooth now then hey

I did richen up the needles allmost a full turn but when running the car is was driving so smooth I didn't realize I was driving that hard and I didn't touched the needles only by the fourth tank I leaned 1/8 turn on the main

No I think I got the old 3mm one. Traction rolled the car without the body on the thirth tank. Rideheight with the new tyres made it roll and broke the tower. I can still drive wirh it 'cause it's not completly broken in half.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: What a stock 710 can do ...

Hey, that's sensitive issue here !
Ah! I finally posted something sensitive?

Actually I'm in the same boat ... when I saw his car I wondered why we all do what we do to our cars and engines.

Old 05-24-2004, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What a stock 710 can do ...

Originally posted by markp27
I'll do it definately - it should look pretty good when I put it together with iMovie
My Studio 8 is basic, would loooove to use iMovie ... first I'd have to dump my 2 G3s and go for the G5.

Oh, don't let me dream of that But actually, my mate who won with the 710 is around about 0.5 seconds a lap quicker this year - same motor just a change from 705 to 710
Hate to say it but I told you so!

I'm Slow&Steady with the 705 and now I must admit I'm SlightlyFaster&Steady with the 710
Old 05-24-2004, 03:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What a stock 710 can do ...

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
My Studio 8 is basic, would loooove to use iMovie ... first I'd have to dump my 2 G3s and go for the G5.

I'm Slow&Steady with the 705 and now I must admit I'm SlightlyFaster&Steady with the 710
I must admit, my first impression is WOW, the car just responds... the clutch is a little slippy (saw to it, will test soon) but it is such a pleasure to drive, you turn, and it turns. I had the solid axle in the front... WOW!!!
Old 05-24-2004, 03:43 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: What a stock 710 can do ...

Actually I'm in the same boat ... when I saw his car I wondered why we all do what we do to our cars and engines.
Hey, that's sensitive too !

Crashed_1 is asking if you have the whole vid of the race taped... He wants to view it and imagines driving the car when he's not on the track !
Old 05-24-2004, 03:44 AM
Tech Prophet

SlightlyFasterSteady&OlderToo
Old 05-24-2004, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pyramid
Thanks, the race was great. We have so much laughter. Wish you could be there. Anyway, we have make a promise with Serpent Asia to join their race somewhere this year in Hong Kong. Hope you could come Looks like we are going for November 28 since the September is exactly on our EP National schedule while the June 13 is way too early for another travelling.

About the Hakarunjer.. Jet Hobby in HK is the Alex Racing sole distributor.
Pyramid, is the Serpent Asia race confirmed? Where can we find more info and dates?
Old 05-24-2004, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Hey, don't let him know I let you in on this !
Aha! Caught you!
Old 05-24-2004, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What a stock 710 can do ...

Originally posted by BaxterC
I must admit, my first impression is WOW, the car just responds... the clutch is a little slippy (saw to it, will test soon) but it is such a pleasure to drive, you turn, and it turns. I had the solid axle in the front... WOW!!!
Try the one-way some time (if your track is suitbale for it). Amazing!

Old 05-24-2004, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

I'd like to get a G5, too, but I really prefer laptops, so I'm now considering the newest powerbook - maybe I'll wait until Tiger comes out, as there is bound to be another powerbook update at the same time.

Well when I get my PRO LCS I can do bacl-to-back tests.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: What a stock 710 can do ...

Hey, that's sensitive too !

Crashed_1 is asking if you have the whole vid of the race taped... He wants to view it and imagines driving the car when he's not on the track !
Only sensitive? Not tickly too?

Yes, I have the whole race on tape. Started making the mpeg and seeing that most of you guys are voting 512 kbps or greater on the survey, I don't feel so bad posting a longer video

I'll need to edit some of the tape: you know, sensitive images, shaky hands and that sort
Old 05-24-2004, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What a stock 710 can do ...

Only sensitive? Not tickly too?

Yes, I have the whole race on tape. Started making the mpeg and seeing that most of you guys are voting 512 kbps or greater on the survey, I don't feel so bad posting a longer video

I'll need to edit some of the tape: you know, sensitive images, shaky hands and that sort
Awwww man, give us the raw footage...and what's with the elevator music... (j/k) Is there any way we can get access of the full clip?...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.