Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by markp27
Julius you've been in the plane too long - you're out of data, man! Check my last picture from yesterday:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=860272

The ti-screws are all from Tamiya - I ordered them from rccarinternational.com - you can probably go to the shop to have a look. They are true M3 screws with the 2mm hex button heads. Also I've got some M3s with counter sunk heads. All tamiya. Expensive and not so much weight saved

Cheers, Mark.

REALLLY nice pick... this looks real good. I like the photoshop filter you added... How did the car run the weekend.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BaxterC
REALLLY nice pick... this looks real good. I like the photoshop filter you added... How did the car run the weekend.
No filter - it's the power of the D1

The run was fantastic!!!! The car is absolutely fantastic. Going through the 90kmh left kink (see right in pic below)
http://www.macn.de/April2004.jpg
there is a bump (due to the 1:5 scale cars braking there) - the 710's rear end was flicked up and got completely sideways....without me having to correct the steering, it just came back in line by itself. This car is really stable!

At first my lines through the corners were far too tight, as the 705 didn't have so much grip, therefore with the 710 I was going too slow Sorted that out pretty quick.

I spent a lot of time working on the setup and running stuff in, so I only got about 5-6 tanks and as it started to rain, then the day was cut short after six hours Rain also led to an accident which cost me a rim but the 710 remained intact

I hope to go to the circuit tomorrow after work - but the weather is going to play a big role in that

You're really going to love this car - but take your time in putting it together and it'll pay you back 1000 fold!

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

The run was fantastic!!!! The car is absolutely fantastic. Going through the 90kmh left kink (see right in pic below)
there is a bump (due to the 1:5 scale cars braking there) - the 710's rear end was flicked up and got completely sideways....without me having to correct the steering, it just came back in line by itself. This car is really stable!

At first my lines through the corners were far too tight, as the 705 didn't have so much grip, therefore with the 710 I was going too slow Sorted that out pretty quick.

I spent a lot of time working on the setup and running stuff in, so I only got about 5-6 tanks and as it started to rain, then the day was cut short after six hours Rain also led to an accident which cost me a rim but the 710 remained intact

I hope to go to the circuit tomorrow after work - but the weather is going to play a big role in that

You're really going to love this car - but take your time in putting it together and it'll pay you back 1000 fold!

Cheers, Mark.
Thank you Mark, I will do it slow and steady and darn carefully. I am glad you loved it, I know I will. I watched a few of the EP guys at the track in the pics, they were ok, one was fast and quiet, which was ok, but I would have loved to have seen the Nitro guys run though. It is a pity they left. it was the end of the day.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

congratulations!!! "fastharry"better watch out!!
Old 05-04-2004, 05:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you Mark, I will do it slow and steady and darn carefully. I am glad you loved it, I know I will. I watched a few of the EP guys at the track in the pics, they were ok, one was fast and quiet, which was ok, but I would have loved to have seen the Nitro guys run though. It is a pity they left. it was the end of the day.
Mark, Is that track as big as it looks? It looks huge.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Cheers, Mark.

Nice track you run on mark.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
congratulations!!! "fastharry"better watch out!!
He better, Thank you... I cant get over how small, compact and perfectly assembles the box it, I am scared to take anything out as I may damage the box... jokes. But I can say that the quality of the parts is absolutely briliant. I think it even has the new rear shock tower.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

He better, Thank you... I cant get over how small, compact and perfectly assembles the box it, I am scared to take anything out as I may damage the box... jokes. But I can say that the quality of the parts is absolutely briliant. I think it even has the new rear shock tower.
have fun!
Old 05-04-2004, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

have fun!
Hey Marcos,

Thank you, I intend to. I am going to begin building tonite... Just get it all going.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Marcos,

Thank you, I intend to. I am going to begin building tonite... Just get it all going.
i'm sure that you will enjoy it!
Old 05-04-2004, 07:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

i'm sure that you will enjoy it!
Hey Marcos, How is the house coming along. When is the little one due?
Old 05-04-2004, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Marcos, How is the house coming along. When is the little one due?
the house its pretty much done the little one comes in June!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Mark, Is that track as big as it looks? It looks huge.
For here it isn't so big - it's total length is 235 meters. The biggest one I know of around here is about 340 meters, I think - here's a picture:

http://www.macn.de/images/Strecke.jpg

This image probably gives you a better impression of the size of my circuit:

http://www.scuderia-fun-and-drive.de.../nuernberg.JPG

It's a prett fast circuit - lots of flat out and lots of braking.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rwisejr
Nice track you run on mark.
It is a really nice track - it's miles away from anywhere, so I can run anytime I wish - as long as I can see the car, that is. Actually there will be a night race this year - the track will be flood lit
Old 05-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

the house its pretty much done the little one comes in June!!!
Again... Congratulations...

I am on my way home now to work on my little one... I am not going to be at work late tonite, I have a dream, and I am halfway there, the ather half is getting on the plane and racing with you guys, and racing with fastharry... and then off to some of the other tracks I have seen that I like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.