Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

Originally posted by InitialD
Those new JP engines are touted to be one of the most powerful in it's class. But like you guessed it, it's also does not come cheap ! Just something to think and itch about !

Ah, but the NovaMega 3 port engine should also be plenty fast.

Well, rarely do we want to have spares for engines... If we do, then it's big trouble already.

Just this week, I found that the main bearing of my engine is about to be toast ! Luckily it is available but I'm waiting for the spares to come.

That skinny Gollum is a lazy bum ! It's been a week since I heard my shell was already ready. Have not seen the light of day on that shell yet ! <hint, hint>
I'm itching already

I think the darkside has taken a real hold on Gollum or perhaps he's playing too much with his precious!

How often do you guys change the conrod (the piston rod) and the crank shaft?
Old 04-01-2004, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

When you start racing competitively, all bars are raised no matter which class you are in !

I think in the recent 1/8th scale WC in Ohio, the Kyosho factory guys were like using one engine per heat with 4% lube fuel !
I understand spending money on World Championship races, but for normal club racing?
Most of those guys at the 1/8 World Championships have sponsors taking care of most of their expenses, so an engine per heat is nothing to them.
Most of us in here aren't getting paid to race, so almost $500 for a .12 engine seems kind of high.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Thank you.
You're welcome.
Thank you to everyone in here for all the helpful tips and info.
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

Originally posted by PSI Racing
I understand spending money on World Championship races, but for normal club racing?
Most of those guys at the 1/8 World Championships have sponsors taking care of most of their expenses, so an engine per heat is nothing to them.
Most of us in here aren't getting paid to race, so almost $500 for a .12 engine seems kind of high.
I suppose that I will be the only Privateer there.
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
What does "use the cam of the sway bar" mean? What is the sway bar cam?
It is the round oval shape plastic thingy that is on the left side of the sway bar. The function of the eccentric cam is that you rotate the cam until you get both sides of the arms to level after installing the front sway bar arms.

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
Both sets of screws affect droop, correct?
Yes.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

Yeah, I hear you ! But you need to take into consideration that Dutch guys can also be a little cranky when it comes to hobbies like this ! <ducks and runs away>
Old 04-02-2004, 12:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

Yeah, I hear you ! But you need to take into consideration that Dutch guys can also be a little cranky when it comes to hobbies like this ! <ducks and runs away>
I guess if you got the money, you might as well get the best.
I know I would if my wife would let me spend some money.
Right now, I have a Sirio in my 710.
That only cost me around $140.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

Originally posted by markp27
I'm itching already

I think the darkside has taken a real hold on Gollum or perhaps he's playing too much with his precious!
Ah, that Gollum is already itching and salivating to get another NovaMax. I think if it's available locally, I will not be surprised if he took a FX12 home !

How often do you guys change the conrod (the piston rod) and the crank shaft?
Crankshaft not soo often. I would rate conrod first, bearings second, piston sleeve third and only lastly the crankshaft.

Conrods are changed more frequently. Periodically check the play in the conrod and the crankshaft pin. I can't remember off my head but I think it's like one conrod for 1 gallon of fuel. May be wrong. Some even change right after engine break in. But I just recently changed mine after about running 15 liters of fuel !
Old 04-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

Right now, I have a Sirio in my 710.
That only cost me around $140.
Is that the EVO II? The Sirios make nice power for the money. Just that they need more changing out of worn parts than the Novas counterparts. That's what I've observed.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

Is that the EVO II? The Sirios make nice power for the money. Just that they need more changing out of worn parts than the Novas counterparts. That's what I've observed.
No, it's actually a 1st generation AAC 5 port outlaw.
I'm looking into getting a new engine, but I have to convince the wife that I need one.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting the

No, it's actually a 1st generation AAC 5 port outlaw.
I'm looking into getting a new engine, but I have to convince the wife that I need one.
Remember, to wifey, all engines look the same....know what I mean
Old 04-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting there....

but I have to convince the wife that I need one.
I don't know but I think you could refer to the FAQ. I thought Mark compiled it and put some info on that. Pretty natural thing for him to do actually !
Old 04-02-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting the

Ah, see what I mean. Speak of the devil himself !
Old 04-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Using high nitro content fuels in planes is simply crazy.
I personally only run 10% in my aero engines maximum
Old 04-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slowly the 710 is getting the

The only problem is I taught my wife about RC's, so it's not easy to pull that off.
Second she's always online checking the bank account.
It's not that bad though.
She bought my 710 for me for Christmas, and she let me build it before Christmas.
She also bought me a 1/10 gas stadium truck for my birthday last year, and a 1/8 on-road the year before.
Plus I supposed to get a new motorcycle (2004 Yamaha R1) around May.
She'd only get me a new engine if mine is broke.
I just rebuilt it recently, so I don't think it's going to break anytime soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.