Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Re: Sorry to be sexist!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
I see there is a female on the mugen forum who thought the 710 was hard to build compared to a mugen, go figure!!!!!!!

I just know I'm going to get my head bit off for this one.
Especialy when that female' and her husband happen to be very good friends of a few of us on this forum.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by cyba888
the rear
Nice cyba!!

Did the rear body pins come out of the aileron? In my proform mazda6 they did and I had them cut out for the stratus... so I ordered new body posts

The mazda six body is 25mm (1") shorter overall than the stratus. Is this good or bad to handling?
Old 03-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Thumbs up

Nice bright mazda6 cyba888!!

cox049,
The way they mold the wing mounts on the Mazda6 make the 710 rear body post come through the wing. You will need longer body post for mounting the mazda6 on to a 710....... As for handling, this body should be a good steering body........... plenty of front-end downforce for being a shorter body.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by cox049
Nice cyba!!

Did the rear body pins come out of the aileron? In my proform mazda6 they did and I had them cut out for the stratus... so I ordered new body posts

The mazda six body is 25mm (1") shorter overall than the stratus. Is this good or bad to handling?
This what Pyramid and I feels :
- Stratus 2.1 best handling low to mid speed (aggresive steering)
- Alfa Romeo 2.1 bit under overall especially high speed sweeper. But make the rear of car feels more planted (stable). Very good to cover "unfinish" rear setup
- Mazda 6 sits right between those two !
I guess because having Romeo style in front(bumper) and rear(wing) and stratus 2 in middle section. (angle between engine hood and windshield).

Just my 2 cents
Old 03-19-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

SWEET! Thanks for the battery link cox049!
I think I'll order up a couple sets of batteries.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks guys.

Im getting a second kit today at the lhs so I will install the longer body post. It does go throuh the ailerons on the front towards the tip of it. I had to swap the body post to the front side of the rear shock towers to make it fit better. I just hope the aileron piece holds up due to it being kind of thin and the shape of it compared to the rest of the body. Ill let you guys know how it handles when I get a chance to run it.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-dscf0001.jpg  
Old 03-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
SWEET! Thanks for the battery link cox049!
I think I'll order up a couple sets of batteries.
(on PM) Its no big deal lah..

As for alternative in your batt pack purchase, ask your supplier, did they carry TOP Racing Product. They has clear shrink too and very strong TIG welding. Not too cheap but very reasonable for green sanyo(730mAh).
Old 03-19-2004, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by B
In that case, why not buy the SHARK pipe? They are very strong.
The reason I am saying this is that I personally do not find novarossi pipes very strong. They sure are fast, but dents relatively easily. At least this was the case for the previous pipes. Not so sure about the ones now
SHARK only feels powerfull on short track.. good on the bottom but looks nothing like novarossi on top end. Funny think, they do not even perfect fit for the Tmagic G4 as its manifold is below chassis. I believe it is also the case in Mugen or Serpent cars.

I tough the public known fix for strengh is not an issue anymore for novarossi..
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-resize-imgp0977.jpg  
Old 03-19-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pyramid
SHARK only feels powerfull on short track.. good on the bottom but looks nothing like novarossi on top end. Funny think, they do not even perfect fit for the Tmagic G4 as its manifold is below chassis. I believe it is also the case in Mugen or Serpent cars.

I tough the public known fix for strengh is not an issue anymore for novarossi..
Ha ha .. welcome home !!
Old 03-19-2004, 10:00 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pyramid

Supermaxxrich:

In that case, the shark pipe would be perfect for lasndown, as the track is still relatively small compared to others. That is, if the pipe can fit properly. If it can, then i think it would be a good choice.

Just a thought
Old 03-20-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

what do you guys use to attach your recievers to the mounting plate with? Tape? Zap Straps?
Old 03-20-2004, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
what do you guys use to attach your recievers to the mounting plate with? Tape? Zap Straps?
Tape. Maybe firsr a layer of double sided between the receiver and the mount, and the wrap a peice of tape around both. I use reinforced tape (it's sold by tesa here in holland)
Old 03-20-2004, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by clmbia45
Thanks. I'v been using 0.5 mm larger fronts on high bite tracks and have noted on-power push coming out of the high speed sweepers. Have not driven more than a 25 min. main and tire wear seemed to be roughly even. Will try 1:1, thanks.
The on-power push gets worse when using a solid front or a front diff.

Just remember that the side that gets most power will lose the most side grip. So if you get more rear drive you'll get more on power stering as the rear end will break loose a bit (more with more rear drive) and vice versa.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

bad day at the track today

I guess there are days when you just need to accept that shit happens My fuel tank got bent out of shape as well. Its jammed into the upper deck. Dam 1/8th car slammed into me while I was parked on a safety area which broke my throttle servo and sent my car going berzerk hitting a couple of walls at high speeds.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

front end with damaged pipe and spring holder
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-dscf0001.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.