Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 02:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Pyramid,

I checked out the track in Indonesia by looking thru your website. Nice track, very tropical Anyways how far is Surabaya from Jakarta? Just wondering since my brother has a company in Jakarta. If its not too far maybe ill stop by and check it out when I do visit him.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:19 AM

Originally posted by cyba888
Pyramid,

I checked out the track in Indonesia by looking thru your website. Nice track, very tropical Anyways how far is Surabaya from Jakarta? Just wondering since my brother has a company in Jakarta. If its not too far maybe ill stop by and check it out when I do visit him.
It is 1 hour by plane Anyway, there is Jakarta International Twin Circuit which is much bigger, more suitable to play nitro and will be hosting GQ Asia Cup Indonesia and Futaba Asean Cup. Pictures could be found here

http://www.world-hobbies.com/wh.cgi/RaceTrack

2003 FEMCA was hosted there and the track is goverment managed.

Address for JITC could be found here (same as our Jakarta Outlet which is inside the circuit)

http://www.daltonshop.com/contacts.htm

As for the race schedule for JITC, can be found here

http://www.daltonshop.com/raceevents.htm

or direct download here
http://www.daltonshop.com/raceresult...04%20Final.doc

Try to make it for GQ Cup, it would be controlled tires and provided for free (2 sets of cars) + door prize for S710, GQ new auto tire truer with edge sanders, and many interesting prizes.. but no free nitro as in the recent Serpent Asia Challenge..
Old 01-28-2004, 04:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

I dont think ill be able to make it for the Asean Cup.
Just want to know how popular RC cars are in Indonesia

Does anyone know what size is glow plug? I need to buy a wrench or tool to take out the glow plug but I dont know the size. I prefer to just get it at a hardware store. It would be weird to take my whole car there and try every size
Old 01-28-2004, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by sparksy
Do I need to add weight FastHarry?

No... I cheated just for a joke.

Its actually 1740g ready to tech. But Ive still got fullsized servos in there and the wheel axles are still stock. I have a 9550 on order for throttle, so that will bring the weight down. As will the Ti screws and spring steel wheel axles

Hey,thats a great idea....Lightweight servo's.......I got to get some of those too.. ...

I heard HUDY is no longer making spring steel Serpent.....
Old 01-28-2004, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
Let me understand this better... If we shim the tray, then there would not be any centering function benefit from the nylon protrusions?

Or do you mean when Serpent remedies the mold to make the middle bracket 0.9 mm higher, we would not get the centering function benefit of the nylon protrusions?
If you shim you can lose the centering. If Serpent changes the mould at we will of course keep the centering function.

There is no need to shim. There is no benefit.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Do I need to add weight FastHarry?
Could I see the chassis without the body...I need to see your rear body posts and what you did to make them right.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

A little off topic here, but still, for my 710....I want to try DIGITAL servos now....for the new 710, might as well get a set of new servos.

I am only getting FUTABA, how about the S9451 High torque/high speed digital servo for BOTH steering and throttle...? Or I can leave only the steering as digital and use S9402 on throttle.....

Or, what would you guys recommand.....? I am running with my 3PK now.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

jr 8417 steering, and a anolog throttle..
Old 01-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by ammdrew
jr 8417 steering, and a anolog throttle..
Ammdrew...........because it is from you, I will give JR a try...how about throttle servo..? I have no problem whatsoever on anolog servo.....all 4 of my Futaba servos for my Serpent Impulse, PRO, IMpact and 835 for about 5 years now are still in perfect working order..........I don't see why I need to go to digital, but I would like to try one...thanks ammdrew and good luck on WIN-National and please give us the on-site report.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by Pit-racer
Could I see the chassis without the body...I need to see your rear body posts and what you did to make them right.
I didnt do anything to the rear posts. I mount the body a little further rearward. I had to sand the foam bumper a little bit to allow the body to be mounted in that position.

Also, the Alfa's wing may be illegal under certain rulesets. I'm fairly sure if you cut it even to the roar markings the wing cord length is far greater than the allowed length. I have to measure it .
Old 01-28-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
A little off topic here, but still, for my 710....I want to try DIGITAL servos now....for the new 710, might as well get a set of new servos.

I am only getting FUTABA, how about the S9451 High torque/high speed digital servo for BOTH steering and throttle...? Or I can leave only the steering as digital and use S9402 on throttle.....

Or, what would you guys recommand.....? I am running with my 3PK now.
I have both steering and throttle as Futaba 9451 servos and they have performed great. I dont think you can go wrong with those Futaba servos and they have a good price on them for their performance.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

I didnt do anything to the rear posts. I mount the body a little further rearward. I had to sand the foam bumper a little bit to allow the body to be mounted in that position.

Also, the Alfa's wing may be illegal under certain rulesets. I'm fairly sure if you cut it even to the roar markings the wing cord length is far greater than the allowed length. I have to measure it .
What alfa are you talking about...losi or protoforms? I didn't want to do that to the bumper, it's small as it is.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Prophet

I didn't want to do that to the bumper, it's small as it is.
I may be wrong but I think what sparsky meant by sanding the bumper is to round the front edges of the bumper so that it fits the front curves of the bodyshell...
Old 01-28-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
I don't see why I need to go to digital, but I would like to try one...
For steering, I would go with digital. Accuracy, speed wise, holding power is a few reasons I can think of.

I would go with an analog throttle servo (a decent one) to get better mileage on the receiver pack. Going both digitals would be a lot of drain on the receiver pack especially if you're on HRS mode (as claimed by crashed_1). But I assume you're using ordinary PCM on your 3PK since you can use analog servos...
Old 01-28-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

What alfa are you talking about...losi or protoforms? I didn't want to do that to the bumper, it's small as it is.
Its the protoform alfa. You dont need to take much off the bumper. Just rounding the top edge so it isnt in the way of the headlight and grill portion like D said.

Also, I am running both digital servos in HRS mode with a 750mha rx battery with no real dramas. One charge for the heats and then a repeak before the final.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.