Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD
Great minds think alike !
Yeah, minds might think alike but, the finals where it all matters.Punisher, one thing at a time, wins races!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Go Aussies Go !

Originally posted by crashed_1
I thought it was only for the finals...guys who have points.
The latest I heard today was that they'll try to confirm who from the top 40 is not coming and then open the vacated space up. So the number is still limited to 40 racers but the vacant slots will be filled on a first come first served basis. Contact RCAC now!

Also, instead of going straight to the finals, now there'll be 2 heats of 5 mins each. I think both are good ideas especially about the heats because those in the top 40, even the top 10 (A Drivers) are not neccessarily going to be fast with the full TT track.

I for one, got my hairs standing on ends going full throttle through the loooooong, bendy and bumpy straight!

The bad news was that my MTX flew off and I broke everything in the front left of the car when it decided to plant itself on the fence. The good news is that the 710 was stable and fast with the stock set-up using the "lolitta" body.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Go Aussies Go !

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
The latest I heard today was that they'll try to confirm who from the top 40 is not coming and then open the vacated space up. So the number is still limited to 40 racers but the vacant slots will be filled on a first come first served basis. Contact RCAC now!

Also, instead of going straight to the finals, now there'll be 2 heats of 5 mins each. I think both are good ideas especially about the heats because those in the top 40, even the top 10 (A Drivers) are not neccessarily going to be fast with the full TT track.

I for one, got my hairs standing on ends going full throttle through the loooooong, bendy and bumpy straight!

The bad news was that my MTX flew off and I broke everything in the front left of the car when it decided to plant itself on the fence. The good news is that the 710 was stable and fast with the stock set-up using the "lolitta" body.
That loooong bendy straight is hairy man...notice the holes in the fence near the slight bend?...

Well, good luck man. Show em what snakes are made of.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Any reasons for this? I have seen some hop ups for other cars that only support the front bonnet like what you're intending to do.

Yeah, one less body post to put on.

Seriously, I set my bodies to be firm on the foam bumper, it supports the front better. I plan to cut the post so it is just under the included body support.

With the body firm against the bumper and the 5th post supporting the hood, but not through it, the body should still be as stable and flex very little. All without having to drill an extra hole and having to deal with another clip.

As AMG mentioned we used to glue a piece of foam onto the top of our steer servo to do exacty this. That was back in the days when the V-one R was the new kid on the block, Mugen's MTX2 was relatively new, the HPI Racer2 was still a common sight at the track, and even a few Spider MKII's were known to get a race. How times have changed..
Old 01-27-2004, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by GoldFinger
I forgot where I read , it mentioned that all kind off body stiffener is not allowed for Touring Car class.
I could be wrong though..

I dont know where you read it, but its wrong. For IFMAR classes at least. Body stiffners are not mentioned in the IFMAR rules at all... Thus they are allowed
Old 01-27-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by sparksy
I dont know where you read it, but its wrong. For IFMAR classes at least. Body stiffners are not mentioned in the IFMAR rules at all... Thus they are allowed
I guess you right sparksy, only in 235 body restriction I found this :
Only four(4)-door touring car bodies that are approved and listed by IFMAR will be allowed. The body must be made from flexible material, painted properly, and must be one piece and used in standard form, (bodysheel+wing) with no modification or additions allowed

But it does not stated in 200 class.
Here is the reference

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~ifmar/rules.htm
Old 01-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Go Aussies Go !

I thought it was only for the finals...guys who have points.
Yeah, those who are without points or who have not even joined a single race can sit back and watch or make themselves useful as pit marshals !
Old 01-27-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by sparksy
That was back in the days when the V-one R was the new kid on the block, Mugen's MTX2 was relatively new, the HPI Racer2 was still a common sight at the track, and even a few Spider MKII's were known to get a race. How times have changed..
Oh, reminiscing about the old days aren't we?

Well, the idea is pretty neat. But how do you propose to modify with what we have on the car? By sticking a small flat piece of foam under the shell just enough to cushion and get support from the 5th post?
Old 01-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, those who are without points or who have not even joined a single race can sit back and watch or make themselves useful as pit marshals !
Guess that's what I'll be doing...pitting.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Prophet

I think both are good ideas especially about the heats because those in the top 40, even the top 10 (A Drivers) are not neccessarily going to be fast with the full TT track.
What about us who have not even practised the full track length?

Yeah, the reason I have not gone the full length is because of the bumps. As it is, my car is a little too bumpy in some of the corners on the normal layout.

I reckon that a one way is not the order of the day seeing that there are a lot of zig zag bends.

Ummm, I guess I'm not totaly ready then. I have not done a Lola shell for about close to half a year now. Have not practised the full track length. No experience yet with the front solid axle setup on the car !
Old 01-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Go Aussies Go !

...I have not done a Lola shell for about close to half a year now. ....
I never tried 1/10 lola before...hmmm interesting...
Old 01-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

What about us who have not even practised the full track length?

Yeah, the reason I have not gone the full length is because of the bumps. As it is, my car is a little too bumpy in some of the corners on the normal layout.

I reckon that a one way is not the order of the day seeing that there are a lot of zig zag bends.

Ummm, I guess I'm not totaly ready then. I have not done a Lola shell for about close to half a year now. Have not practised the full track length. No experience yet with the front solid axle setup on the car !
then maybe you should try THIS!!

Wong has it at RM699
Old 01-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

R/C car data recorder...now isn't that cooool gadget!!!!!!!
I need that at RM100
Old 01-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Exclamation

Some pages ago we discussed the use of different steering servos, including the Futaba 9550. There was considerable interest in the use of this servo. I have used it for over a year, and installed it in my 710. After tearing the car down and cleaning it, I noticed that the chassis was scuffed up by the servo. Measuring the 9550 I found it was 1 mm thicker than several standard servos I have laying around, and was rubbing on the chassis. This is probably an area worth looking at when you remove the radio tray.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

That loooong bendy straight is hairy man...notice the holes in the fence near the slight bend?...

Well, good luck man. Show em what snakes are made of.
Of course I notice the holes, I made one of them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.