Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 05:44 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally posted by Pyramid
Not to try questioning the RING, in case you got time, tell us what`s the different in this picture,

http://www.daltonshop.com/images/rev5temp1.JPG
With a quick glance I see a blade rear sway bar, the mount for the pipe bracket is upside down and the roll center spacer on the RH side front is above the top plate? It looks funny.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jag
Do you put grease an the ceramic balls as well? Mine is super smooth without grease.
How many runs have you done yet with those ceramic balls without grease?
Old 12-01-2004, 09:08 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
How many runs have you done yet with those ceramic balls without grease?
Just one weekend. Why? The manual doesn't say to grease them.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jag
Just one weekend. Why? The manual doesn't say to grease them.
One weekend is pretty early to conclude although the ceramics are harder to gritt. Maybe they are harder but don't say I didn't tell you to grease them...
Old 12-01-2004, 09:33 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
One weekend is pretty early to conclude although the ceramics are harder to gritt. Maybe they are harder but don't say I didn't tell you to grease them...
You are right but I was only commenting on the nice smooth action after I rebuilt it with the ceramic balls. I have heard that the ceramic balls will hold up better. I do not know this for a fact.

As for the grease, I have 2 concerns/questions:
1 - will the grease attract dirt? My thinking is that the dirt will stick to the grease and keep the dirt on the balls/rings.

2 - will the grease effect the action? If the balls are coated with grease will they not slip more?

I'm not second guessing you (I wouldn't dare, you have probably forgotten more about this car than I know) I'm just trying to understand.

Thanks
Old 12-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jag
You are right but I was only commenting on the nice smooth action after I rebuilt it with the ceramic balls. I have heard that the ceramic balls will hold up better. I do not know this for a fact.
Yeah, they should be better as they are much harder...

Originally posted by jag
As for the grease, I have 2 concerns/questions:
1 - will the grease attract dirt? My thinking is that the dirt will stick to the grease and keep the dirt on the balls/rings.
Correct. But putting it very sparingly and coating it around the balls only does the trick. Somehow it's grit free...

Originally posted by jag
2 - will the grease effect the action? If the balls are coated with grease will they not slip more?
No. No side effects to the function of the diff action if the diff is installed and assembled correctly.

Originally posted by jag
I'm not second guessing you (I wouldn't dare, you have probably forgotten more about this car than I know) I'm just trying to understand.
No worries about second guessing me. I'm also human.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys..i wanna share this experiment of mine. it maybe a stupid way to setup my car...but what the heck...i got so much time wrenching my car...and u know what it works...works perfectly on our track.
we have our track set up for the 1/8 950R(well mostly 950R kits here)...so most of the corners are flowing corners, left to right high speed sweeper out to 950R 2nd speedable straight and coming in to another left to right high speed sweeper to the u-turn. another chichane-s, etc. etc

i got so fed up with my previous setting..i just go for the left front arm longer than the right by 1mm-1.5mm. using 37sh with front ride 6mm white spring, rear ride height 8mm,new rear 37sh, fully lock rear diff with 3mm from end sway bar. everyone using solid front spool, im on my oneway with a little bit drag brake so i can just let off my throttle for a little while near the u-turn corner and then punch again...........
damn the feeling is so good...i can go straight at the s-corners with just little bit of steering correction(i should use a bit harder spring/oil here) but the lengthy left arm sure do work on the sweeper. or is it my Max MF P5 & Helios that does all the work.

thanks for this great serpent 710 kit. and i don't any 3racing parts in, yet.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

guys...thats wonderful feeling is for people like me only...only happens in Sabah...but all the same, it feel nice to be able to be in front of our top guy here and one 950R guy.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:18 PM

Originally posted by jfc_tech
it feel nice to be able to be in front of our top guy here and one 950R guy.
with your S710 please give a little face to that fellow lah.. still using serpent anyway
Old 12-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Pyramid
with your S710 please give a little face to that fellow lah.. still using serpent anyway
no little face for them....i've been beaten all the time by them... all becoz i follow the same setup like them. all until one aeroplane guy taught me something different...like that setup above only then i can beat them.

it doesnt mean anything anyway coz its not official race...just weekdays race. damn

Serpent rules!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Well, to all my friends back in KK Sabah...u know me. so no hard feeling. im a joker anyway...no joke no fun...

*Im still serious about beating u all anyway, friend or not
Old 12-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jfc_tech
*Im still serious about beating u all anyway, friend or not
Old 12-03-2004, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default Bling bling

Hi all,

I saw this part's for the Serpent 705.

Hope it will be out for the 710 as well.
Looks killer to me!

http://www.rcworld.ch/neueprojekte.asp?id=1566

Bye Thomas
Old 12-03-2004, 03:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Bling bling

Originally posted by 840918001
Hi all,

I saw this part's for the Serpent 705.

Hope it will be out for the 710 as well.
Looks killer to me!

http://www.rcworld.ch/neueprojekte.asp?id=1566

Bye Thomas
Looks nice, but don't use the carbon chassis, otherwise your engine will get to hot, cause normaly the alu chassis is also cooling the eninge.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

As Schrijver99 says, it will overheat the engine, and why use a CF chassis on a car thats already under the min. weight?

P.S I got confirmation that my 710 kit will arrive in the weeks now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.