Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Just answering your question about the new servo saver and steering linkage mounting, I think you need to mount the steering link at the bottom. Else, it will rub.
D is right
Old 10-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Picard
The tyres sparksy has are rubbish

If you guys have the chance, give the new Ellegi tires a go. Better wear as what rcabj mentioned as the rubber is more dense. Grip is excellent too.

He was runnin g 198 F and 200 R track width
I think if you have a fast sweeper, using 200 mm in the front should make the car very stable.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Mark & Sow

So who is the undisputed king of the 710 forum
The one who holds the RING of course. Both of them claim that I don't have the RING anymore...
Old 10-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you guys have the chance, give the new Ellegi tires a go. Better wear as what rcabj mentioned as the rubber is more dense. Grip is excellent too.

I think if you have a fast sweeper, using 200 mm in the front should make the car very stable.
Do you find them as good as speedminds D

I would be interested in trying a set, where did you get them from? Mushroom?

I run 199 in the front, sparksy like 198, we both had good speed in the sweeper, but now I find rthe car to be too responsive, I am swimming in steering and the rear can't keep up, but I think that could also be my happy trigger finger and the clutch is a little too aggressive
Old 10-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

How is that calculated? On the droop gauge (+1) or by lifting the chassis up 1 mm from the ride height before the front wheels start to lift of the ground?
On the Hudy Blocks

Are those dish type rims or the ones with the +2 offset?
What was your front and rear trackwidth?
Stock Fast tires.. 0 offset

200mm rear 198mm front track
Old 10-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Do you find them as good as speedminds D
Yeah I would think so... But I don't know if it's me or something else but I find the Speedmind tires wear down a lot too these days. Perhaps it's the track surface. I also noticed that their rubbers are not as dense as before I used to remember. I'll go and check again.

BTW, with the new Ellegis, I needed to screw in the pivot ball more. With the new Ellegis, I would end up about 1 mm wider in front and the rear than I would with the Speedminds. So now I set the trackwidth with the Ellegis and when I switch to Speedminds, I use self made hex lexan spacers to space out the wheels to get the same trackwidths.

I would be interested in trying a set, where did you get them from? Mushroom?
Yeah I saw some at Mushroom. However, we get ours at our LHS since the price is about the same before shipping.

I run 199 in the front, sparksy like 198, we both had good speed in the sweeper, but now I find rthe car to be too responsive, I am swimming in steering and the rear can't keep up, but I think that could also be my happy trigger finger and the clutch is a little too aggressive
Yeah you're right. It's driving style and preference. I think the wider front should tame your car a little.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I would think so... But I don't know if it's me or something else but I find the Speedmind tires wear down a lot too these days. Perhaps it's the track surface. I also noticed that their rubbers are not as dense as before I used to remember. I'll go and check again.

BTW, with the new Ellegis, I needed to screw in the pivot ball more. With the new Ellegis, I would end up about 1 mm wider in front and the rear than I would with the Speedminds. So now I set the trackwidth with the Ellegis and when I switch to Speedminds, I use self made hex lexan spacers to space out the wheels to get the same trackwidths.

Yeah I saw some at Mushroom. However, we get ours at our LHS since the price is about the same before shipping.

Yeah you're right. It's driving style and preference. I think the wider front should tame your car a little.
I actually find that on the front of the car I have to turn in the knuckles heaps to get 199 with the speedminds.

We will try the new tyres weather I want to or not (sparksy will make sure of it)
Old 10-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

I actually find that on the front of the car I have to turn in the knuckles heaps to get 199 with the speedminds.

We will try the new tyres weather I want to or not (sparksy will make sure of it)
Hey, your the girly that wasnt convinced that speedmind were going to be good till I hounded you into trying them.

We have to try the snake rims.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

See what I mean D

Hard to argue with that
Old 10-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Then you're not turning them in enough.

Perhaps you need to check if sparsky gets some freebies or discounts from Mushroom for pushing tires to you.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Yeah.. no arguments Picard.

We have 2 good races to go before I'm off to Malaysia, and I only have the 40 & 42 Fasts left in the tire box.

Last edited by sparksy; 10-04-2004 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by sparksy
We have 2 good races to go before I'm off to Maslaysia, and I only have the 40 & 42 Fasts left in the tire box.
Aiks ! Is that spelt correctly, Malaysia? Duh. So you're the one !

I have too many PM and remember reading something from sombody about coming over. I think I have accidentally deleted it as I don't have that PM anymore. Just PM me again. I remember you asked me about something... Cheers.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

He was probably asking for some driving lessons D
Old 10-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Tech Prophet

He was probably asking for some driving lessons D
You're cruel Picard !

Perhaps I think it's time to ask those two old guys to pass the RING to you instead of hording it for themselves to try and look young.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well he does make me spend all my money on snake goodies so I have to get back at him some how

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.