Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Are you still running a MAX?
Old 10-02-2004, 05:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Picard
Are you still running a MAX?
Yes I am. Sort of... With a difference piston / sleeve in it.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:51 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Mugen Pressure Chamber

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of using the mugen pressure chamber on my 710 but would like some feedback from you guys on the pro's and con's of this device.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2004, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

I need a new P & S for my S5 but the Max one is so expensive, I was thinking about getting a NSR P & S. Is that what you are running in yours? Or does that fall under the secret engine talk
List
Old 10-02-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Mugen Pressure Chamber

Originally posted by B4
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of using the mugen pressure chamber on my 710 but would like some feedback from you guys on the pro's and con's of this device.

Thanks
There is a guy I know at our track that is running one, I haven't paid much attention but his car runs well
Old 10-02-2004, 05:58 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Mugen Pressure Chamber

There is a guy I know at our track that is running one, I haven't paid much attention but his car runs well
Thanks Picard

I haven't seen anyone running one yet, but my guess is that it will dampen the pressure going to the tank thus smoothing the power delivery. But than again I could be completly wrong.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:01 AM
Tech Prophet

I need a new P & S for my S5 but the Max one is so expensive, I was thinking about getting a NSR P & S. Is that what you are running in yours? Or does that fall under the secret engine talk
List
Pray tell !

You could use the NSR piston sleeve set. I think most are trying to get away from the microcasted piston due to their durability. So if you can, try to get the NS piston sleeve set instead for your Max.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Mugen Pressure Chamber

Originally posted by B4
Hi Guys,

Thanks
If you're not having any engine problems, then no need to use one. I think Voodoo_Magic aka Brett.w posted recently that a combination of using hotter plug and the pressure chamber (he would not want to name the manufacturer of the pressure chamber ) solved his JP FX engine tuning problems.

Anyway, the pressure chamber is commonly used in the 1/8th scale. It apparently solves the problem of the engine leaning after a high speed sweeper. The smaller 1/10th scale engines and cars are not fast enough to cause that kind of effect (I think).
Old 10-02-2004, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

what size should i amek my fue lien and the line form my pipe to gas tank? whats diff do sizes make i no they do maek a diff
Old 10-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Ohh...I see..

Now that Mark cant get onto the forum it is safe to put up the secret setup

Thanks Sow, that is not too far off the setup I will run.
Yup ... I "teased" him just now by inviting him over to the house and letting him see that you guys have talking behind his back.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Don't forget microscope too.
Yeah, I forgot about that today and it really affected my driving!

Onkel Sow, just something to note. I see that you mount the steering link (or speering link as you call it ) on the top of the servo saver. If you use the highest front roll center setting (no shims), the steering linkages will rub and bind against the upper bulkhead position.
Oh shoot! Is that right?

Thanks for telling me because obviously mounting the steering link this way removes the possibility of having the lowering the upper arms.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Bxclip
what size should i amek my fue lien and the line form my pipe to gas tank? whats diff do sizes make i no they do maek a diff
Your keyboard is broken again?

What are the lengths of your lines now?

They do make a diff but its not critical. Tune your engine to run reliably first and giving good power with your pipe "singing". If you're still not happy by this only then worry about fuel line lengths.

Is you use the stock line as given in your kit for the pipe-to-tank and then use the other fuel line for your engine but cut short to route from the tank to the carb (by going in front of the engine), you should be close already.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Rookie

I am looking at getting a 710... i am just wondering if and what hop-ups are recommened for this car?
Old 10-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

none its sick already
Old 10-03-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Options

Originally posted by 840918001
Hi SERPENTFREAK69,

Now I have some more time.
Have been very bussy at work.

I use these options all on my chassis.
For me it works great, but every driver is different.
If you for example look at the car of Julius Kolff and Micheal Salven you will find out that they are both fast on the same track (Heemstede), but their parts used can be very different, and is different.
Micheal is never using the Alu-X-bracket, and Julius always use it.

The hop-ups work for me, but I can't guarantee that it will work for you s well.

I will work my way through the cars parts from front to back.
Partnumbers are included.

Up front I use the Alu anti-roll bar bevels.
They reduce flex, and are more easy to tune.
# 802241

I made a small cutout in the frontbumper to mount the transponder underneat the frontbumperholder (like Micheal Salven did on his car).

I did make the SWB-mod. I modifeid the front wheelbase. More info on that can be found here:

http://3hobby.com/modules.php?name=N...rder=0&thold=0

This really works great on high speed tracks with very tight hairpins. You have the feeling like the car is much shorter and that will make it more stable during cornering.

I use the Alu middleshaft- bracket. It reduces flex on this part of the car, and is much smoother as the stock part.
Backdraft is the weigt. It's more heavy as the stock part.
# 802155

To reduce weight, I use the light pulleys on the middle shaft (2), and on the 2 speed shaft ( on the side pulley).
# 802165 (2x)

I use the Alu-x-bracket. This to reduce flex, and it also looks very very nice
# 802136

I also use the pro tankbracket.
This will make the tank more "flexible" so the fuel won't shake that much, and will have not that much bubble's.
# 801157

For the brakes I use the vented brake disk. This due the fact that the vented disk is sort of selfcleaning during races.
I also use the pro brake-pads.
Disk: # 801345
Pads: #9607

In my diff I use the ceramic coated diff balls. These are very smooth, and ultra durable.
As grease I use the X-ray diff grease, since this is a high quality grease specially made for ball diff's.
Balls: # 1378
Grease: # 309500

On all four corners of the car I use the ST- rings.
These will make your bearings work better inside your upright's and steerinblocks.
# 802235

Inside my shocks I use the soft shock membrames, aswell as the shockcapfoamy's.
Set off foam and membrames: # 909446

I also have the set-up wheels. These are very nice and work great.
# 802831

I know I have a lot of hop-up's on my car, that some of you would consider as unnesecarry, but as I said, it is working for me.

The Alu shockbodies are not nesecarry in the Netherlands.
I find the stock composite shock very smooth, and working well.

I bought the car together with all the options, so I could easely build them in.

I went for these options instead of a set of titanium screws and ceramic bearings.
I know these Ti screws are very nice, but you need to have a very consistend driving style to prevent them from bending.
As for the bearings, I'm happy with the quality of the stock bearing.

I haven't used a front diff, or solid axle, because of the fact that it is not usefull on the tracks on wich I race.

This is it, I hope this is some usefull info for all of you.

Bye Thomas
Hi,

I posted this message a couple of weeks ago.

Get those options.
For me it works great

Bye Thomas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.