R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Default Inferno GT-2 Break-in question

This question gose out to those who have the Inferno GT and GT2. The first step states to unscrew the High-end needle 3 turn from closed position. I know there is probably no hidden meaning to it. but I'm not sure if you have to tighten to the closed position first, or if it has been factory set to closed closed position. If you have to tighten it closed, by how much?

Sorry it's my first nitro car.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxrocket View Post
This question gose out to those who have the Inferno GT and GT2. The first step states to unscrew the High-end needle 3 turn from closed position. I know there is probably no hidden meaning to it. but I'm not sure if you have to tighten to the closed position first, or if it has been factory set to closed closed position. If you have to tighten it closed, by how much?

Sorry it's my first nitro car.
Close the high speed and then open in 3 turns. The engine should start and run. I think that my final high speed setting is 2.5 turns out from fully closed however just because 2.5 turns works for me it may not for you due to difference in fuels and elevation.

Get the engine running and after running a few tanks start to slowly (1/8 turn) lean (turn in) the high speed until the car starts to run good. Don't go crazy on the tuning trying to get the absolute max out of the engine until you have about 8 tanks of fuel through it. Also, I had trouble trying to run 30% nitro and found that 20% worked great for me.

Check your gear mesh and make sure it is a deep mesh. I also have my 2 speed shifting early to prevent stripping 2nd gear.

Lee
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Ok, thank you.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:39 AM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner's Circle View Post
Check your gear mesh and make sure it is a deep mesh. I also have my 2 speed shifting early to prevent stripping 2nd gear.
Lee
Yes, this is a good tip!!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:27 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Another question. I'm planning on getting an OFNA Starter Box for the car. But the flywheel seems a bit deep. Will the Starter wheel be able catch the flywheel?
Old 12-31-2008, 04:34 AM   #6
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxrocket View Post
Another question. I'm planning on getting an OFNA Starter Box for the car. But the flywheel seems a bit deep. Will the Starter wheel be able catch the flywheel?
I suggest that you get a Kyosho starter box. These are work great for the GT car. I have them in stock if you decide you want to go this route. About the same $$ as an OFNA.

Lee
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:45 AM   #7
Tech Elite

I usually get things cheaper from my LHS than the internet or other shops. And I'm getting it at a good price, so I just wanted to know if it will work on the IGT2. Good price or not, it'll just be one big expensive paper whight if it can't reach the 3mm gap between the chassis and flywheel.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Tech Initiate

Default New IGT2

Hi Guys, what do you guys think. This cars will be given to the next sponsored RC team.
Attached Thumbnails
Inferno GT-2 Break-in question-web-corvette.jpg  
dude- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Hey! It looks just like mine. Execpt without holes, and extra stickers.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

Hey Fox, did you ever get it started? How are these IGT2's. Was the factory setting fine?
dude- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #11
Tech Elite

No, I just need to get a starter box and Glow fuel. Well, I don't really need the starter box, but it's nice to have in the pit.