R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-09-2008, 02:56 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 1/8 scale racing in California

I am just getting back into r/c racing after a 10 year break I am racing some indoor 1/12 to try and get used to driving again.

Anyways- 1/8 scale is dead in Washington and Oregon now and I wanted to know what clubs race in California really anywhere but the Sacramento area would be best. I can test and tune up at Timezone during summer but I wouldn't mind a few trips down south for some 2day club racing . In all honesty it is worthless to buy one if you live up here but I absolutely love those cars and to me it would be nice for some trips out of town to try it out.

If possible websites for clubs and their tracks.

Also I wanted to run a Serpent Vector I think the current is the 960??? Is it still popular as far as parts availability? I googled picco and seems they are gone. Also engine recommendations too please.

Thank you in advance!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:38 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default 1/8 scale So Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABRacing View Post
I am just getting back into r/c racing after a 10 year break I am racing some indoor 1/12 to try and get used to driving again.

Anyways- 1/8 scale is dead in Washington and Oregon now and I wanted to know what clubs race in California really anywhere but the Sacramento area would be best. I can test and tune up at Timezone during summer but I wouldn't mind a few trips down south for some 2day club racing . In all honesty it is worthless to buy one if you live up here but I absolutely love those cars and to me it would be nice for some trips out of town to try it out.

Also I wanted to run a Serpent Vector I think the current is the 960??? Is it still popular as far as parts availability? I googled picco and seems they are gone. Also engine recommendations too please.

Thank you in advance!
Contact Team Kamikaze in Orange Ca. Sam or Nigel can hook you up with any Serpent <or for that matter> any brand you want. There are basically two places we have club races at. <Crystla Park, and GLARCRC> They both have threads in the racing forum. Come on down, and join the fun
Old 11-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Default Come on down!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABRacing View Post

Thank you in advance!
I was from Lake Osewgo Or, I relocated here in So Cal 4 years ago..Iknow what you're going tru..We have 2 tracks here..just look up the threads for Crystal Park and Glarcc. We have have adopted racers from Colorado, NV,etc..Time to get back in the action again brother...
morook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Nice thanks guys, Yeah it can't be the weather be our club still runs Sedans gas and electric. Could have been the money but they are too muc fun to give up..

Thanks again,

Ill look them up
Old 11-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Try rams club located in san jose
Old 11-09-2008, 07:12 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Rams Club ran our last race of the season today. Will will be strarting up again in march. We race in San Jose, ca. You can check out our sight at www.rams-rc.com
JASON MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Great thanks I will ook up all of those sites, how are the turnouts?