Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impulse Pro Street Spec???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 01:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Impulse Pro Street Spec???

WHERE CAN YOU GET THIS KIT? ALSO WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS AND THE 705 OTHER THAN THE TIRES AND CLUTCH
I'M DEBATING BETWEEN THE TWO i JUST WANT A RACE READY CAR AND LIKE SERPENT ALOT AND THE IMPULSE WILL PROBABLY BE CHEAPER. ALSO ARE THE NOVAMEGA 3PT TURBOS ILLEGAL IN RACES OR IS IT JUST THE 5PORT? IS THE SX12RE 3PT JUST AS FAST
tHANKS
JON
Old 09-23-2003, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Impulse Pro Street Spec???

Originally posted by famous182
WHERE CAN YOU GET THIS KIT? ALSO WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS AND THE 705 OTHER THAN THE TIRES AND CLUTCH
I'M DEBATING BETWEEN THE TWO i JUST WANT A RACE READY CAR AND LIKE SERPENT ALOT AND THE IMPULSE WILL PROBABLY BE CHEAPER. ALSO ARE THE NOVAMEGA 3PT TURBOS ILLEGAL IN RACES OR IS IT JUST THE 5PORT? IS THE SX12RE 3PT JUST AS FAST
tHANKS
JON
You might have it mixed up. Impulse Pro has been out for years. 705 is its revision.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/161.html
Old 09-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

You should probably go with the 705. The impulse pro is only about 40 bucks less just about anywhere you look.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:28 AM
Tech Prophet

I don't know if Jon (the original poster) is referring to the supposedly repackaged Impulse Street Spec Carbon version (801015) that does not have the Centax, rubber tires instead of foams, one way front, rear gear diff, without shock towers and includes the carbon graphite upper deck.

I believe it's a Impulse PRO without the shock towers and foam tires and very much cheaper than the 705. Basically aimed at entry level racing car competition.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Sounds like it D... I believe the actual name is the Impulse Streetspec Pro Racer... It comes with the old Rubber tires/wheel combo that hte original Streetspec came with, and has the Pro's CF radio plate instead of the original plastic one. There's a picture of it in from the Chicago show in this thread.