Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Mounted some 3Racing parts on my FW-05R...

Ti pivot balls, and derlin caps. The caps seem to allow to decrease the play without sacrificing suspension movement much better that the stock Kyosho ones.

I tested the 37t gears 2 weeks ago, like them alot, but didn't experience improved run time (must be the size of the track).

I also mounted the optional break set, that i find very good, didn't notice fading and I'm able to break later than my friends FW-05R w/ the stock breaks (so he says). I mounted the 3 Racing center bulk mount and had some trouble adjusting the breaks initially, but now it seems to be working fine.

Well, tomorrow is another race day, lets see if the car runs better, I think the car likes to go faster when I treat it w/ some bling bling

havy
Old 04-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Initiate

I just purchased my FW-05RR it's an upgrade from my trusty v-one-s2, I'm now looking for a website on the fw, is there one that exists? really need to read about setups, see some images etc.

Have read most of the posts here but looking for a little more seeing the kyosho (english) site is down.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by rhino
I just purchased my FW-05RR it's an upgrade from my trusty v-one-s2, I'm now looking for a website on the fw, is there one that exists? really need to read about setups, see some images etc.

Have read most of the posts here but looking for a little more seeing the kyosho (english) site is down.
look here ,its is Josh Cyrul's set up for his FW-05RR
http://www.cefx.net/tips/nitroSetups...allenge_04.pdf
Old 04-03-2005, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default another dead throttle servo

hey guys
hope someone can help

i have blown 2 throttle servos, both being standard futaba 3003 servos.

whats a good tough (good priced) throttle servo that i can use and will actually last.

i also hear of shimming the throttle servos with rubber to allow flex ?

thanks

John
Old 04-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

If anybody is interested i'm letting go this item(alluminum adapter to make front diff solid) New in the Package for the FW-05R or the Vone RRR pm me if interested (Cheap)
V3R-005
Old 04-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: another dead throttle servo

Originally posted by mrgsr
hey guys
hope someone can help

i have blown 2 throttle servos, both being standard futaba 3003 servos.

whats a good tough (good priced) throttle servo that i can use and will actually last.

i also hear of shimming the throttle servos with rubber to allow flex ?

thanks

John
I too have had this problem with the throttle servo. Robert from KO told me that I MUST install the servo with the rubber grommet included. After I did that, I haven't had a problem since.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Yes i think thats the fix, one of my mates has also told me the same thing.

What servo are you using ?
Old 04-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mrgsr
Yes i think thats the fix, one of my mates has also told me the same thing.

What servo are you using ?
KO 2344. Great servo, great company, great service.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Default Dilemma??

How do you guys decide which first speed ratio to use?? The second speed ratio is pretty much easier to decide, more or less depending on the distance of the long straights, but how about the "in-field" section made up of several short straights?

Thanks
Old 04-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Dilemma??

Originally posted by BundyMan
How do you guys decide which first speed ratio to use?? The second speed ratio is pretty much easier to decide, more or less depending on the distance of the long straights, but how about the "in-field" section made up of several short straights?

Thanks
In the old days, if your engine was a "normal" non modified one, we go with 3 tooth spread. Determine the 2nd speed pinion / spur that you require for the track and then subtract 3 for the 1st gear pinion / spur. For more powerful modified engines, up to 4 tooth spread.

With the newer 0.8 module gear ratios and with newer and more powerful engines, it has been known that you can stretch up to 7 tooth jump between 1st and 2nd gear pinions because the 0.8 gear modules provide for efficiency.

Depends on your driving sytle. Some like the car to change gears in the infields. Sometimes if the infields in not long, this is impossible. But sometimes people like to be on the 1st gear while in the infields and if the infields is a little long, they would tighten up the 2 speed and let the 2nd speed kick in later.

At the end of the day, I think it's always best that if you can keep the ratio jumps shorter from 1st to 2nd gear, that's the best. People don't modify and spend more money on their 1:1 car gearbox to get a shorter gear shift.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks
Use data on your final drive ratios, tyre roll-out calculation and max engine rpm to determine at what rpm you want your 2nd speed to kick in. From there, calculate your 1st gear ratio.
And based on your 2nd gear ratio, you can also calculate how much rpm will drop when switching to 2nd speed.

This would be a safe guide to how much split you can run between 1st & 2nd speed.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

Thanks
The way I decide is in whether it is easier to drive the infield in 1st, or to have it change to 2nd, just have to make sure you don't get a gear change in to 2nd just before a corner and also check the drive out of a corner.
With the 05 running the Kawahara diff rings I have found a long 1st feels more comfortable.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Default pressure valve

i wanna know where u guys get those pressure valve to connect in between fuel tank and tuned pipe.????
Old 04-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Dilemma??

Originally posted by NiMo
The way I decide is in whether it is easier to drive the infield in 1st, or to have it change to 2nd, just have to make sure you don't get a gear change in to 2nd just before a corner and also check the drive out of a corner.
With the 05 running the Kawahara diff rings I have found a long 1st feels more comfortable.
when determining when the 2nd gear to kick in isnt it depends on the clutch setting and the tightening os the 2nd shoe holder on 2nd spur gear......???
Old 04-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Dilemma??

Originally posted by vaspey
when determining when the 2nd gear to kick in isnt it depends on the clutch setting and the tightening os the 2nd shoe holder on 2nd spur gear......???
Of course it is, but there is no set point of where to have a gear change.
Some circuits need a car that sprints out of a corner, and if you can get the traction then lightning acceleration is good, but if the grip level is not perfect and you start spinning up the tyres then you need to run a higher ration for 1st gear to prevent wheelspin.
2nd gear is usually decided on the length of the main straight, so choice for that ratio is the easy part.
Now you have to decide just where you want the car to change gear, and also to find which is quicker and easier to drive, so do you opt for a long 1st gear or a short one? do you want to run the whole infield in 1st? or is it quicker to change to 2nd?

So the answer to your question is yes, but you have to choose those settings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.