Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 08:50 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well I got the back clip of the FW-05R to RR put to gether, Waiting on a chassis and such before I get the car in one place. I have the 3R rear shock tower/brace that was for the R on the car. WIth the RR its interesting because you cant torque down the inner camber link screw since thats a pivot point now. I had to get creative to keep the screw in place

Gunna build the front clip up tomorrow, and then next week get the chassis and the last few parts I want, and soon the car should be almost ready for an engine!
Old 02-17-2005, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Why? The Kyosho shocks are excellent!
thanks for the reply jeffreylin! yes, i agree with you on this.. however, i like the adjustability that the xray / serpent shocks have..
Old 02-17-2005, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by Clegg
Well I got the back clip of the FW-05R to RR put to gether, Waiting on a chassis and such before I get the car in one place. I have the 3R rear shock tower/brace that was for the R on the car. WIth the RR its interesting because you cant torque down the inner camber link screw since thats a pivot point now. I had to get creative to keep the screw in place

Gunna build the front clip up tomorrow, and then next week get the chassis and the last few parts I want, and soon the car should be almost ready for an engine!
they have an upgrade for the link,a small bearing instead of the plastic bushing.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

did anyone post instructions to convert the 05r to 05rr? i should be able to figure it out but instructions would be nice. looks like i'll have to piece together a kit. thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Installation is pretty striaght forward. You shouldn't have problems without intructions.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Instructions are now up on Kyosho's site for both the 05RR and the 05RR Conversion kit
Old 02-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by Buggy Master
did anyone post instructions to convert the 05r to 05rr? i should be able to figure it out but instructions would be nice. looks like i'll have to piece together a kit. thanks in advance.
try here!

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/download...5rr_conv_m.pdf
Old 02-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default cans someone share a set up

Hey guys was wondering if you guys can share your set up for mid traction tracks, the lay out is also semi technical its quite flowy.

Thanks,

Luie
Old 02-19-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default setup

hey , bobby here i ran the josh cyrul teledo setup at fort meyers track ,or the vegas setup,fort meyers was a high traction track i mean traction rollin traction ,i was running 37 shore frt an rear 60mm frt an rear did not roll at all
Old 02-19-2005, 07:33 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by NiMo
Got an e-mail from him on Friday when I question about an order, he said he was on holiday until Monday (today)
Well I have yet to get a reply from him. But my order was switched to processing on teh 14th. Well... that's going on a week ago with no status change.

RC-Union was on the ball getting me a previous order, but this order is going on 2.5 weeks to just get it to the point where its shipped. Fucking un acceptable. I hate ordering overseas, thats one of the biggest benifits going with something like an NTC3 you dont need to deal with all this jazz.

I paid for EMS shipping also which is making me feel even more stupid knowing that I paid to get it shipped faster just have to deal with this...
Old 02-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Clegg
Well I have yet to get a reply from him. But my order was switched to processing on teh 14th. Well... that's going on a week ago with no status change.

RC-Union was on the ball getting me a previous order, but this order is going on 2.5 weeks to just get it to the point where its shipped. Fucking un acceptable. I hate ordering overseas, thats one of the biggest benifits going with something like an NTC3 you dont need to deal with all this jazz.

I paid for EMS shipping also which is making me feel even more stupid knowing that I paid to get it shipped faster just have to deal with this...
For getting Japanese kits and parts, you'd be better off buying directly from Japan. They generally do not have a web site for the online purchase but you can do it through email without problem. I've been buying from Pro Shop Futaba for about a year now and they respond quickly and I usually receive my order in a week by EMS.

But if you are buying stuff that's NOT from Japan, Hong Kong is still the cheapest way to go.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default Need your opinion

Hi to all,

When i start my engine, it idles perfectly normal, but after 2-3 laps the idle goes high and never comes back to normal idle.

wonder if its rich or lean?

which needle should i adjust the 'low speed or Main'

please advise... thanks in advance..
Old 02-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Need your opinion

Originally posted by bulletdays
Hi to all,

When i start my engine, it idles perfectly normal, but after 2-3 laps the idle goes high and never comes back to normal idle.

wonder if its rich or lean?

which needle should i adjust the 'low speed or Main'

please advise... thanks in advance..
Lean. Whether you need to richen the main needle or the low depends but probably the main.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tnx Jeff!

Is it the same case when i tried to run for a couple of laps then the idle goes up and takes a while before it goes back to normal idle?
Old 02-20-2005, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Tnx Jeff!

Originally posted by bulletdays
Is it the same case when i tried to run for a couple of laps then the idle goes up and takes a while before it goes back to normal idle?
Yes.

I saw that you posted the same question in the RRR thread. Is it the FW you had this problem with or the RRR? Because if it's the RRR you might need to replace your fuel tank.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.