Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New JACO sedan tire to debut at Capitol Classic

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 04:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RayJ
I had a chance to pit by Bobby at the Midwest Series, and have to say that they are really awesome looking wheels. They seemed lighter than the current design, but I'm not sure if thats the case. Both Bobby's and Paul's cars were hooked up at the Cinci race. Both of these guys had amazing corner speed, and acceleration.
The new wheels are lighter than the old ones.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Yes. The tires are trued from the factory straight across like any other tire. There is more foam on the inside than the outside...until you cut camber into the tire to race. Then the foam is even across the width of the tire.
Even amount of rubber, if you cut exactly 1 1/2 degrees of pre-camber. Makes sense in 1/8th with a solid axle, but seems like a lot of pre-camber for a sedan running a differential? I usually run 1/2 degree of pre-camber on the tires in sedan and finish the main with the same 1/2 degree of camber? Interesting?
Old 05-07-2008, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Will these new tires come with a 2 degree off-set as well as zero degree? I run a kyosho and need the 2 degree off-set.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 05-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YANMAN
Will these new tires come with a 2 degree off-set as well as zero degree? I run a kyosho and need the 2 degree off-set.

Thanks,
Tim
Why do you need the 2 degree offset? I run a Kyosho with Jaco tires. If you are set on having the offset then just use a 1mm wheel spacer.

I'm looking forward to the new wheel as I'm sure it will be great.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

I haven't had a chance to run them yet, but one benefit I might surmise from them would be during acceleration. Under straight line acceleration the car seems to squat more due to weight transfer and with resulting camber gain the result would place more weight on the inside edge of the tire. With a pre-cambered wheel, this would result in more rubber on the inside edge of the wheel which should lead to more forward bite. Maybe my thinking is off.....i don't know.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Default to whom it may concern

Will these tires be available for purchase at the C-Wit hobby shop before the Capital Classic? I am a strong supporter in supporting of the hobby stores that support the local tracks. I am member of the C-Wit family and i would like to the tires in the store for the local drivers to try ot use. Thanks, it just a request and a suggestion.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Absolutely. I have been discussing this with Carlton and Reese and I told them we would be sure to have tires in advance for the race for sale. We don't sell direct or at the track anyway.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am missing something here. It seems to me the only advantage is the fact that the tires may last a little longer. I mean, if you true a regular set of tires with 1.5 degrees of camber, it would be the same exact consequences…. Correct??? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you think about how the wheel exerts force upon the track surface you will understand that the more parallel the rim is to the running surface, the more traction should result. Even though you can compensate by truing camber into the foam, the force transferred to the track is predominantly distributed to the inside edge of the wheel. If the wheel is designed to distibute that force equally across its width, and the amount of rubber is consistent from side to side, an increase in traction is the result. We have had three top drivers tell us independently that they had to remove toe-in from the rear because the car pushed when they switched directly from our old tires to the new ones. All three said they could get on the throttle earlier coming out of the turn, thus yielding more corner speed.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Chaplow
I am missing something here. It seems to me the only advantage is the fact that the tires may last a little longer. I mean, if you true a regular set of tires with 1.5 degrees of camber, it would be the same exact consequences…. Correct??? Thanks in advance.
not same exact, since you trued your tires with 1.5 degree camber, you'll have less foam on the inside compared to the outside.
Example:
lets say you true the tires with 1.5 degrees. Now the outside has lets say 10mm of foam, and your inside will have less, like 6mm of foam.
With the new Jacos, you'll have an even 10mm of foam inside and out. The 10mm was just an example number i picked out....
Old 05-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I just finished the press release. A day early, but lets not tell Jack
Attached Thumbnails New JACO sedan tire to debut at Capitol Classic-prism15pr-1.jpg  
Old 05-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
If you think about how the wheel exerts force upon the track surface you will understand that the more parallel the rim is to the running surface, the more traction should result. Even though you can compensate by truing camber into the foam, the force transferred to the track is predominantly distributed to the inside edge of the wheel. If the wheel is designed to distibute that force equally across its width, and the amount of rubber is consistent from side to side, an increase in traction is the result. We have had three top drivers tell us independently that they had to remove toe-in from the rear because the car pushed when they switched directly from our old tires to the new ones. All three said they could get on the throttle earlier coming out of the turn, thus yielding more corner speed.
Sounds good, look forward to trying them out. i first have to find time to practice
Old 05-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

1/8th Scale????? Jack, last year at the GLC in Toledo, you were testing some new 1/8th scale tires. Are those coming soon?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, they will be coming next month.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

KICK AZZ a VERY satisfied customer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.