Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Finally it's always what I wanted to do....with my own vehicle!
Congrats!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

is the R40 as durable as the MTX-4?
Old 11-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I never had a durability issue with the R40. It only broke something when someone who never does RC takes control of it. That only happened onced and will never again.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

i would recommend the nova rossi nsr12 s3 great power full cheap engine. good for the r40 it is what i have in my r40 cheers
Old 11-17-2005, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

I'm pretty much close to the stock setup. All I did really was shockpreload, droop settings, and castor setting. Those are the only things I really touched as well as add a few upgrades. All that I'd be getting last is the LW chassis, but before that a new radio would be nice. Now that I have a real car I'd like to save up some more $$ as I'm not working too much now since business is slow. I may end up having to go find a new job because of this. However it's all good. Nothing like more $$. Now I have the CD3 Pro to sell, MGT, and TL01. The R40 and MRX4 stays.

BTW for diffs I'm using the kit setup and the car handles like a dream.

Hi

Please could you tell me your stock setup

Thanks

Brett
Old 11-17-2005, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Ill have to try both at the track next time. I also have a Mazda6. Thanks for the tip.
The only thing I dont like about the 6 is just before you get on the power it seems to "stall". You really need to be smooth with it or you dont "finish" the corner and you end up squaring the last 1/4 of the turn.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cars.cars.cars
As long as you got a P-Dub Racing bumper!
Old 11-17-2005, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brett.w
Hi

Please could you tell me your stock setup

Thanks

Brett
For my R40 I do have the CF shock towers and those are in the stock setting.
Front toe in/out :0.5
Rear toe in /out: -1.5
Front Camber: -0.5
Rear camber: -1
Front Preload spacing: 6mm
Rear reload spacing: 4mm
F/R springs: Stock
F/R Diff oil: Front Stock/ Rear None.
Shock Oil: Front 50wt/ Rear: 45wt
Rear Droop: 2mm
Castor: N/A
Front/Rear Tires: Spider Foams 26mm 37 shore/30mm 37 shore

That's pretty much it. The rest of upgrades consist of LW 2speed, LW shafts, and now an Ofna CD3 Pro Centax clutch. It really works better than the stock clutch and the clutchbell is designed to allow the shoe to fit in like a glove for maxiumum contact. After lots of running there is hardly any wear and no glaze build up. I don't have a hudy board, but using the clips and a handy caliper helps me along. I'd still like that LW chassis though.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I haven't driven the 4 enough yet, but is the R40 as durable as the MTX3? Not even in the same club. The MTX3 is one of the most durable pro level cars out there.

I do know that the 4 turns in harder than my R40 or my MTX3.

just my $.02
Old 11-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

For my R40 I do have the CF shock towers and those are in the stock setting.
Front toe in/out :0.5
Rear toe in /out: -1.5
Front Camber: -0.5
Rear camber: -1
Front Preload spacing: 6mm
Rear reload spacing: 4mm
F/R springs: Stock
F/R Diff oil: Front Stock/ Rear None.
Shock Oil: Front 50wt/ Rear: 45wt
Rear Droop: 2mm
Castor: N/A
Front/Rear Tires: Spider Foams 26mm 37 shore/30mm 37 shore

That's pretty much it. The rest of upgrades consist of LW 2speed, LW shafts, and now an Ofna CD3 Pro Centax clutch. It really works better than the stock clutch and the clutchbell is designed to allow the shoe to fit in like a glove for maxiumum contact. After lots of running there is hardly any wear and no glaze build up. I don't have a hudy board, but using the clips and a handy caliper helps me along. I'd still like that LW chassis though.
Thankyou for that, just one question you run no oil in the rear diff?
Old 11-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah No oil in the rear. I however did use some of the front diff oil to lube the rear gears though. That's about it. The rear end stays firm and never whipes out. When I mean never...I mean NEVER...providing you have the right tires for the surface.

I may be purchasing the DX3 radio for my ride. I think I'd stay with the nitro sedan for quite sometime before running the 8th and infact...may even sell the 8th. For the moment the radio does has all the basic functions I need and it is spektrum. Surely there is the M8, 3pk, but why bother if I'm hardly racing hardcore? Ebay is an option, but I'd hate to get a used radio system.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jea3
I haven't driven the 4 enough yet, but is the R40 as durable as the MTX3? Not even in the same club. The MTX3 is one of the most durable pro level cars out there.

I do know that the 4 turns in harder than my R40 or my MTX3.

just my $.02
i can get the MTX-4 for 395$ which is less then the Hara Edition by like 100$...so the MTX-4 is better then the Hara Edition or even the MTX-3 PROSPEC?
Old 11-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

i can get the MTX-4 for 395$ which is less then the Hara Edition by like 100$...so the MTX-4 is better then the Hara Edition or even the MTX-3 PROSPEC?
You need to compare apples to apples. The Hara edition is fully optioned out. I'm not 100% sure about the MTX-4, but I have a feeling that there will be a number of hop ups and aluminum parts as the car matures.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

true but if it is more durable out of the box...then most likely it will be more durable with hopups plus better handleing and everything else with hopups...dont you think?

im just trying to compair because i dont want to have to upgrade to a better racing car when i need it ...i would rather buy now and be able to use it later and now not just for now.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

true but if it is more durable out of the box...then most likely it will be more durable with hopups plus better handleing and everything else with hopups...dont you think?

im just trying to compair because i dont want to have to upgrade to a better racing car when i need it ...i would rather buy now and be able to use it later and now not just for now.
I drove the R40 for almost two years and now I have been driving the MTX3 ProSpec for about 3-4 months. I would say the Mugen is more "durable" than the R40. In my opinion, there are a few "under-engineered" parts on the R40 that contribute to this. The R40 is still a good car though.

my two

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.