Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Are those nitro sedans with sedan and lola bodies running?

It was an open practice session for 1/8th scale and 1/10 sedans. There were only a few 235mm running as well.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by regg151
hark i don't know the site address but to get there you take the belt parkway to exit 11S drive down flatbush and you'll se FBF on your left make the left just before the bridge and your pretty much there.
Well Wednesday is off since it's his wife's birthday. We will try Sunday maybe. HEre are the directions from where I live.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...2s=NY&2z=11234
Old 06-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

has anyone had any problems with the front belt getting too tight? My front diffs, whether it be one-way or stock, and the middle shaft are seated correctly but the belt has too much tension. It wasn't like this when I built the car. The car used to roll freely, but not anymore.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Well Wednesday is off since it's his wife's birthday. We will try Sunday maybe. HEre are the directions from where I live.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...2s=NY&2z=11234

your directions look good to me, I belive there is going to be a race there this sunday, if there is you need a personal transponder in order to run.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Will do. We'll strive for Wednesday. Gonna print out the route map for the trip. PS what's floyd website again? My browser was reinstalled and the bookmarks were erased.
It's... http://frracers.com

and your Mapquest is right on the spot!

Originally Posted by regg151
your directions look good to me, I belive there is going to be a race there this sunday, if there is you need a personal transponder in order to run.
Yup...you need a PT to race and the next race will be the 3rd of July. See you guys then!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dnitro
has anyone had any problems with the front belt getting too tight? My front diffs, whether it be one-way or stock, and the middle shaft are seated correctly but the belt has too much tension. It wasn't like this when I built the car. The car used to roll freely, but not anymore.
I am wondering if you have collected too much debris in the pulley ? Just a thought - disassemble and clean in between the teeths of the pulley.

Also - just replace the front/lower bulk section that holds the one-way and mid-pulley assemblies - it is cheap.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Suspended

Default hi guys.

hi guys. can anyone shared some pics here pls.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NaNa
hi guys. can anyone shared some pics here pls.
Here you go, this is my R-40 with different bodies...
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-1lola3.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-2.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-350-limpio.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-opel-astra1.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-m3-decals1.jpg  

Old 06-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by adlawoo
It's... http://frracers.com

and your Mapquest is right on the spot!

Yup...you need a PT to race and the next race will be the 3rd of July. See you guys then!!!

S'all good then. Last this is I gotta see if my friend will plan on going. It's been a while since I hit up on the track, and he's never been there. Gonna need some track time to practice up a bit as well as get my MRX4 ready. It's almost done the break in.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Click here for my r40 pics

I got other pics to of everything else here.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nsxshogun
Click here for my r40 pics

I got other pics to of everything else here.
NSX- nice pictures!!!

I went ahead and ordere some more LW parts from rcmart, I found a battery pack for the serpent 710 which consist of 5 triple AAA batteries like the one HARRY mentioned, but for only $7.00 and I went ahead and ordered one to see if the weight is similar to that trinity which only weighs 65 grams. I also ordered some tires as I was running out since I also use foams for my HPI racer...
Old 06-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dnitro
Are you using the proper hpi R-40 belt? And if so, did you hit something hard while driving or got hit by another car? The car has pulleys and they have different amounts of teeth, maybe you have a bigger pulley than what it shoud be. It's either gonna be a 36T diff gear or 36T one way diff plus an 18T pulley or 19T pulley, I don't remember, but if you have something bigger than that you have a problem...
Old 06-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hark you still looking for a radio.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/defaul...ort=1a&&page=2
Old 06-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

I got my gold rear shocks and the other sway bars. Now I'm just wonder the best setup. Ill probally run 2 degres of rear toe. Shock weight probally 60 all around untill I drive it and ill probally change the rear to about 45 and put the gold shocks on with the smallest swaybar.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

From what I noticed 2 degrees of toe in for this car made it wiggle too much in a straight line and also made it slide around too much. The stock setup requires a 2mm clip for the rear arm back pivot and a 1mm spacer for the rear arm front pivot. Install an extra clip on both so you have 2mm front and 4mm rear. Now, turn the pivot ball that has the two 1mm spacers EXACTLY one turn out to get rid of that wicked toe in. No matter what right height I had or even with a softer front suspension the car doesn't want to spin out. I also added in some negative castor as well. Only the 2mm clip is in the rear of of the front upper arm (the part closer to the fuel tank), this car doesn't want to slide out unless you lay off the throttle and pitch into a turn. Otherwise, it goes where you drive it. At high speeds I can come into a bit sweep and accelerate nicely holding a great line.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.