Old 05-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The surface isn't bad could do without the orange hoses
Old 05-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Pic is to big

Last edited by espresso1967; 05-11-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
I'm sure it's good!
Any more feed back than this ?

Im gonna take a GUESS that it was fairly dusty from all the MX racers around the track. Traction was probably ok; even if they hosed it down and cleaned it prior for use. But, the main thing I would be concerned about is the dust. Im sure most cars that were on the track got pretty dirty; maybe even dirtier than an off-road car unfortunately. From experience, my buddies and I found a location similiar to this place ( Austin, Texas ) with 2-3 MX tracks back in the day. Traction was descent even after blowing off the track and spraying down soda for traction. But, it was just too dusty for all of us. Again, im just guessing what happened based on my experience back in the day. Im not in anyway putting down this track because I see there is alot of potential for a track in the southern california area for the on-roaders. Goodluck guys.

Last edited by Zac Project; 05-08-2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 05-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

I was there on Saturday planning to run my car. At the front gate, they were gonna charge me $10 bucks to get in the facility and $5 to run on the track. I told them I was just gonna check out the track, so I didn't have to pay. The asphalt looks like it has medium to medium fine matrix, but it was hella dusty. There was one guy blowing the track and then the 1/5 scalers started running. (no vht) At least for them, they had traction, but my inner guts told me my 1/10 will not fair better than running it on an empty parking lot. The straight-away is adjacent to the quad track and the 5-6 foot tarp fence's efforts to keep the dust away seem futile. I didn't bother to run my car and headed to SV speedway (traction there was awesome btw). I really want this track to work for us, but I highly doubt they will close the mx track just to let us run. This facility is a mx track first, rc track second.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

FYI

On June 29th, we will be having a 1/10th scale race both electric and nitro here. No Roar membership will be required. The track will be sized down for the 10th scale cars.

More info to come. Stay Tuned!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everybody, please don’t let some one comment reflect on SpeedWorld. This is Billy from SpeedWorld. I am coming up this weekend to Crystal Park and race. How far is this new track from C.P.? I want to go bye. Are they going to be open Sat for practice?

Thanks guys Billy
Old 05-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Anyone considering 1/10 pan in So Cal? I went to Bending Corners and Crystal park this weekend but really no one yet has jumped on the bandwagon for 1/10 pan. I am looking at picking up the new CRC Gen X 10 kit and might end up at Crystal Park on Saturday just bashing witht the nitro guys, but it be nice to get a core of folks that are interested in this class. If anyone in Los Angeles is considering one of the new pan kits hit me up as I am still abotu a month away from puchasing a kit and would like to get soemthing started in the pan class. Bending corners advised if we can get at least 4 guys with pans, they would open it up to us. Though I do like the track at Crystal Park better but would probably take at least a half dozen club members to convince James to get some sore of race going when nitro's are not racing?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by charlie_b
FYI

On June 29th, we will be having a 1/10th scale race both electric and nitro here. No Roar membership will be required. The track will be sized down for the 10th scale cars.

More info to come. Stay Tuned!
Hmm, just posted and did not realize there was another track so close to me, anyone inquiring about racing 1/10 pans at this track yet? I am interested.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Billy, I don't know the exact location of this new track, but if it is in Riverside, it's likely 50-60 miles east/northeast of CP.