R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   V1RRR WCE Throttle Servo (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/217061-v1rrr-wce-throttle-servo.html)

katze 04-14-2008 08:41 AM

V1RRR WCE Throttle Servo

My WCE is one sick fast car that handles great but the layout of the throttle servo just irks me... I have two servos dead and i attribute their failing due to side impacts on the throttle servo side of the car during weekend mini-races... and cosmetically, it just seems wrong for the servo to be there(at least for me)...

My questions are:

a. Anyone with servo failures like mine due to the layout of the throttle servos on non-Evo V1RRRs? Any smart way to solve this issue?

b. Can I just get a evo radio plate to convert the layout of my WCE to that of the evo-v1rrs? what is the minimum of parts needed to do that?

Speyederjedi 04-15-2008 11:22 AM

I've had both the RRR WC and the RRR EVO. I did initially have a falure on the RRR WC due to an impact to the servo side of the car but it was because of the mounting screws used. The screws mounted the servo very rigidly to the upper deck and the shock from the impact was too much. A buddy of mine looked at how my servo was mounted and suggested inserting some rubber servo grommets he had and so I did. They allow the rubber to absorb most of the shock at impact. After using them I went over a yr with the WC kit without losing another servo and then moved over to the EVO kit. I now drive the Team Magic G4RS but to this day use I rubber grommets for mounting all my servos so on impact the rubber soaks up most of the shock to the servo. I haven't lost a servo in over 2 years. If you want to get the EVO upper deck to change the layout that would work as well. Both decks are interchangeable. Most hobby shops have the servo rubber grommets I am refering to.

:tire:G4RS:tire:

katze 04-16-2008 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi (Post 4357711)
I've had both the RRR WC and the RRR EVO. I did initially have a falure on the RRR WC due to an impact to the servo side of the car but it was because of the mounting screws used. The screws mounted the servo very rigidly to the upper deck and the shock from the impact was too much. A buddy of mine looked at how my servo was mounted and suggested inserting some rubber servo grommets he had and so I did. They allow the rubber to absorb most of the shock at impact. After using them I went over a yr with the WC kit without losing another servo and then moved over to the EVO kit. I now drive the Team Magic G4RS but to this day use I rubber grommets for mounting all my servos so on impact the rubber soaks up most of the shock to the servo. I haven't lost a servo in over 2 years. If you want to get the EVO upper deck to change the layout that would work as well. Both decks are interchangeable. Most hobby shops have the servo rubber grommets I am refering to.

So you mean i will only need the upper deck to change the servo layout? no other parts will need to be changed?

Anyway, how does the G4RS compare with the V1RRR. :sweat:

Ramiel 04-16-2008 06:32 AM

The receiver plate will change also.

KyoshokiddT.D 04-16-2008 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by katze (Post 4353848)
My WCE is one sick fast car that handles great but the layout of the throttle servo just irks me... I have two servos dead and i attribute their failing due to side impacts on the throttle servo side of the car during weekend mini-races... and cosmetically, it just seems wrong for the servo to be there(at least for me)...

My questions are:

a. Anyone with servo failures like mine due to the layout of the throttle servos on non-Evo V1RRRs? Any smart way to solve this issue?

b. Can I just get a evo radio plate to convert the layout of my WCE to that of the evo-v1rrs? what is the minimum of parts needed to do that?

i am going to be honest with you i have had more servos go in the past and i dont think it is the car i run my servos standing up and they still seem to go bad and they are not cheap servos ko propo digital futaba s9550 and a airtronics 94358

Speyederjedi 04-16-2008 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by katze (Post 4360056)
So you mean i will only need the upper deck to change the servo layout? no other parts will need to be changed?

Anyway, how does the G4RS compare with the V1RRR. :sweat:

You will need the side plate to mount the receiver and some servo mounts for the throttle/brake servo to mount it to the deck. Use the rubber if possible.