Community
Wiki Posts
Search

engine problems again

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default engine problems again

Sorry for all of my bugging, but i just can't seem to get my engine to run for more than 5 min. It idles fine, takes off fine, but when i bring it back to idle and let it sit for about 10 seconds it dies. I Think it's the high speed needle, but I can't get it right. I've tried both leaning and richening. PLEASE HELP ME. When it gets hot and i try to start it back up, it's really easy to pull. I don't know if my sleve or piston is worn out, but i don't think so because it is really hard to pull when cold and i only have about 1/2 gallon of gas through it. Could this be my problem

Thanks
CJ DUDLEY
NTC3
Old 07-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: engine problems again

Originally posted by NTC3 Racer
Sorry for all of my bugging, but i just can't seem to get my engine to run for more than 5 min. It idles fine, takes off fine, but when i bring it back to idle and let it sit for about 10 seconds it dies.
Maybe the low speed needle is on the rich side ? But if the car idles for about 10 seconds and die, someone would tell you it is a good thing.
Old 07-06-2003, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

This also can cause by the plug. Try to change the plug before you do any setting.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:28 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hi, sounds like you low end is a bit too rich, lean it a bit. also, you may want to check your idle bar make sure you have enough opening for engine to idel. Try a hotter plug it will help your engine idle a bit better.