Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Nitro On-road

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Im2lazy
Well, the first time someone thought they were seeing Losi do some protorype work with a new nitro tourer, it turned out they were testing something like the novak brushless system. I remember the articles in Xtreme and/or RC Car Action, but then again Xtreme thought that AE and losi were thinking about 1/8 scale offroad too... so if Losi is really making a nitro touring car, I feel that it will be enough to wait for a press release with real photos.

The one belt thing... I doubt that someone could make an adequate single belt nitro touring car very soon (prototype within a year or two). It would take several years and would be a very high risk of overspending. I would think any manufacturer would try to get their feet wet, first, before trying something so revolutionary.

My 2% of a $.

I'm curious why you think that we don't have inside information on what companies are working on?

Losi has been working on a NTC for a while. They would be dumb not to. I've heard more than one "whisper" that they have been testing in their new office. An we reported they were at Revelation testing suspension for a Nitro Sedan.

Losi will release something soon, but it ain't a TC...
Old 07-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

1/8 off road?
Old 07-08-2003, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by B
hence, i have said, the design on the cars right now have proven themselves to be very dandy already..
The ROAR/IFMAR/EfRA rules determine to a large degree how sophisticated the designs can be; for instance only one central brake is allowed for TC whereas 1/8 buggy needs two. Obviously if you had a TC with 4 wheel brakes the one way issues would go away, but the rules still say 1 brake! Rules keep things from getting out of control; because they would; fast; just look at the monster trucks; and they don't even race that much (not like the established classes anyway). Regardless it will be very interesting to see what it looks like. Their engineering is the best IMHO(and I drive AE cars). There's a big market I think of people who don't want the price of the imports(serpent, mugen, shuey) or deal with the poor quality control of AE.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

my point was I have trouble believing things until a company releases them... but as it said in that little article about a losi nitro... " they'll deny it until their blue in the face..." Well, it goes something like that... but I've always been a skeptic of rumors and a believer in early press releases! Basically they are the same, but I like to know from a manufacturer because info can often go awry.

Nice to see you here, your magazine is the only one worth looking at (well, the british ones are neat every once in a while too ), but I can never get on your magazine bb for some reason.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Glad to see you actually read our magazine. I do agree that it's best to see official press releases, but few companies will do this since current sales will stop. Rumors are a lot of the times true and will eventually happen. It may take years, but they will come.

I'll bet by next summer we see Losi on the nitro tracks and by this Christmas something else.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

I see your point, but you are saying that they will be releasing a vehicle in a racing category that they haven't entered into yet. Why shouldn't they... it would make those getting (for instance) a MBX5 or Kanai II (supposing it would be a 1/8) then they may end up with more of the market than they would if they were to release it out of the blue.

Also, it is okay for a press release if you're in HPI's position and you simply aren't selling anymore Pro 3's, it is advantageous to show you are making the Pro 4.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

I totally agree with you and you can understand my frustration in situations like that.

Somehow the obvious reason we see, doesn't carry over. I do however understand the problem with releasing info too early and getting negative feedback as a result. My examples

Novak Brushelss
AE TC3
AE Monster GT

All things that may have been "released" a bit too early.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

i was about to bring that sort of thing up too. Unfortunately it is hard to be satisfied... but it doesn't matter much come race day... you either got it or not (in more ways than one).
Old 07-09-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i agree with DEREKB, losi would be crazy not to work on a nitro tourer.

in my opinion... companies "release something early" due to the FF reasons:
1. to get feedback (whether good or bad)
2. to jump the gun on competitiors
3. to jump on the band wagon

my 2cents...

ps... derekb what mag do you write for?
Old 07-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

He writes for Xtreme RC Cars Magazine.

Yo can check out their page atrc411.com . Best rc magazine from America.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Well, I hear that Losi is working on a nitro sedan, but at the last few major races, Gill Jr. has been running an MTX3. Rumour is for "research" purposes. He's damn fast with it too. I'll be very interested in anything they come out with.
Old 07-12-2003, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Im2lazy
He writes for Xtreme RC Cars Magazine.

Yo can check out their page atrc411.com . Best rc magazine from America.
cool ... i manged to get their magazine once in a while... i particualarly like the losi tunning guide by todd hodge...

... the reason im so intrested in a losi nitro touring car... before i used to run the TC3, and NTC3, however, when i shifted to the losi G+... man, the handling difference was like night and day..., so im betting the losi nitro tourer will be a great car...
Old 07-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ChrisF
Well, I hear that Losi is working on a nitro sedan, but at the last few major races, Gill Jr. has been running an MTX3. Rumour is for "research" purposes. He's damn fast with it too. I'll be very interested in anything they come out with.
Yeah and you know Rocket Ronbo has been testing many other touring nitros for at least the past year. Given Losi's reputation and noteworthy innovations, you know whatever they come up with will be killer. I'm sure it will be ultra efficient, and just as (if not more) adjustable than any other racing chassis out there. Hey both Gil and Ron have been driving Mugen MRX-3's lately- I keep bugging Ron about a big Losi in the future! He laughs....
Old 07-14-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kevink2
Yeah and you know Rocket Ronbo has been testing many other touring nitros for at least the past year. Given Losi's reputation and noteworthy innovations, you know whatever they come up with will be killer. I'm sure it will be ultra efficient, and just as (if not more) adjustable than any other racing chassis out there. Hey both Gil and Ron have been driving Mugen MRX-3's lately- I keep bugging Ron about a big Losi in the future! He laughs....
i've got to agree... and if they're comparing the handling of the future car to the mugen, the handling of the losi nitro tourer will definitely be good and sturdy...
Old 11-27-2003, 11:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Has anybody heard something about the new losi nitro touring?
Does anybody know the date of introduction.

Regards Felix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.