Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum DX3R

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

I was playing with the new transmitter the other day. My LHS has them in stock. I'm not totally sold on the TX yet. I was with Nomadio as a beta tester for the Sensor. I have to say that it feels just like it. The four batteries and screen feel the same as the Sensor. The weight and the speed will be the selling points. Navigating the screen is pretty easy also. I want to see how they will do on the track in comparison to the Futaba system.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

More info on the DX3R can be found at the thread below

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=196200
Old 01-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigredspeed
Hi mate, can you please specify what issues your friend has had with the DX3R? im currnetly using the DX3, and a mate of mine is using the DX3.0. i know with the DX3.0 there was some glitching issues but with the DX3, i have had no problems for the past year.
Your input will be taken on board. Thanks Mate
Issue with DX3R was it was losing the bind while on the track. It happened twice, so they pulled out of racing. I will see if they found anything since last weekend.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Issue with DX3R was it was losing the bind while on the track. It happened twice, so they pulled out of racing. I will see if they found anything since last weekend.
Having tested the radio since June I have honestly never seen this happen. What receiver were they using? I have run this radio with the SR3000, SR3001, SR3500 and SR3100 with zero issues. What sort of car was it being run in as well in terms of class, servos, ESC/Receiver pack, etc. Thanks
Old 01-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It was running in a Mugen MBX5R. I will find out more, I didn't get to chat with him to find out what happened, but he was using it again, so I will see if there was issue he did or he found with the system.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It seems like most (but not all) of the Spektrum issues have to do with a bad battery pack. I am anxious for Horizon to get these back in again. Any ETA on that Gary?
Old 01-29-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
It seems like most (but not all) of the Spektrum issues have to do with a bad battery pack. I am anxious for Horizon to get these back in again. Any ETA on that Gary?
I wouldn't totally agree with that, but often the receiver pack is a part of the picture that is commonly overlooked. But there have been honest issues found that we need to know about. Its hard to work on a fix if you're unaware of a problem, know what I mean?

As far as when more should be available, I don't know particulars on that, sorry. I do know as soon as we've been getting them we've been fulfilling backorders. Sory if that's a bit vague but I don't have anything to do with the logistics.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Guys, just got my DX3R the other day couertesy of Team Kamakaze, thanks guys for selling the last 2 you had in stock and sending them down to Sydney Australia. I am very happy with the price we got them for, thanks Sam. also have a few hobby shops that are intrested in seeing the unit, seeing that maybe myself and and a mate are the only two who have the DX3R in Australia. but im loving it already it is everything that every one has mentioned. just hope it goes good on the track this sunday.

I also want to thank everyone who has replied to this thread when i started it, all your comments have been taken on board, hope this can keep going on, atleast if any probs come about then maybe we can rectify them.

Cheers guys will let u guys know how it goes this sunday on the MRX-4R.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

so I have heard that the Dx3R has a manufacturing fault as alot of shops are waiting for stock but supply is stalled due to the problem??whats the problem has this radio got a serious glitch??
cheers

Last edited by aussies1129; 02-01-2008 at 05:20 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys, i just need a hand with the binding on my DX3R, it isnt binding, when i put the bind plug in the led doesnt flash like the book says. Also, am i suppose to put the battery cable into the AUX port to power it up? first time binding this way. please guys hope you can save me track day on sunday,im dying to use it
Old 02-01-2008, 05:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

No need to worry my fellow brothers i figured it out, the -+ is opposite to what is on the DX3, i noticed the diffrence and did the change and she is BINDEDiam so happy, just hope it goes good on sunday, will keep u posted.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys, got to the track, had a 5 minute run with the new DX3Rwas just cruising around getting a feel, and i tell you what a diffrence from the DX3 i was using for the past year, then had to asist a newbie at the track, so i had only 5 mins of driving,but unfortintly, the bloody rain starting coming down and stopped the day early, my driving partner got a alot more laps then i did, and i had to run around the bench and pit area away from him, after what i seen trying to get out of his pants, and he had that sparkle in his eye, he said i love this controller, im gona R*@T youso i had to do a forest gump, run forest runhope fully next club will be better.

Cheers Guys
Old 02-08-2008, 07:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigredspeed
Hi guys, i just need a hand with the binding on my DX3R, it isnt binding, when i put the bind plug in the led doesnt flash like the book says. Also, am i suppose to put the battery cable into the AUX port to power it up? first time binding this way. please guys hope you can save me track day on sunday,im dying to use it
Did you power the receiver by plugging into the AUX port? I am going to try binding mine tonight.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

OK, quick call to the Spektrum support line and we know it doesn't matter which port you plug into to power during binding.

I have a question on mixing. Is there a way to set up a weak negative relationship between the steering and the throttle that will reduce throttle input during high steering input, which will roll more throttle on as the steering input is released? Essentially pulling throttle during tight corners on low traction surfaces like traction control...Anyone thought about this yet? I got my DX3R last night an read through the book, this jumped out as a possibility.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

hi Guys, been using my DX3R alot lately and i love it, except for the fact that i have lost bind twice on two club day occasions, has this happened to any one else?
Also has any one noticed that you can make the RX light flicker on just by turning the steering servo when redirecting the front wheels by hand left and right while the car is switched off i know its not good to do it for the servo side, but is this a bad thing that RX is getting extra feed back from the servos while they are always moving at a fast speed wilst driving? is there a fix for this EG, capacitor or regulater or something? any input is appreciated. thanks Guys hope to hear back from you soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.