Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default Interferance and Receiver Box

In all fairness to K-factory, my steering rack is a GPM and I don't remember where I got the drive cup. It's aluminum, not stock.

BB........I don't know what the receiver box is made for. It came from Tower. Do a search on GPM and box. Like I said, the receiver is a bit tight and the cast plastic is convex inward just a few thousandths. I used two sided tape and put it in a Kurt milling machine vise on a bridgeport and took .005 off the inside of both long sides. The receiver then fit perfectly. I thought it would be a little cramped with all the wires but it wasn't that bad. It also has a nice built in antenna mount but the way I mounted mine is was slightly under the drive shaft. I made a plexiglass sub-plate, mounted the box to it and mounted the subplate to the chassis using the two existing holes in the chassis.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jim Reeves
We've used Hitec 525's and various Futaba's along with the kit supplied spacers and it's a tight fit. A couple of the guys have suggested taking a little more material away below the servo mounts for some servos to go in and we're working on that for the next run. You can dremel a little bit away at the mounts or sand the servo case at the base. Or you can double up the kit servo spacers but that may put a bind on the wire moulding at the base of the servo. Get back to me with your servo case dimensions and I'll check it on this end to see what will work best in your case. We want to get you running! Thanks, Jim.
Jim,

Did you get my email from the other day?

Andrew
Old 07-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default How to stop servo connectors from freying?

Hey all I was wondedering what is the best way to stop the servo connectors from freying when i pull them out of my reciver? I was thinkning that if I put some epoxy on the tips of the servo connector where the wires plug into the connector, waht are you thoughts on this?? Also do you all get this problem after time??

Thanks Jason
Old 07-30-2003, 06:54 PM

Ok I'll do a search on the tray. I'm using the Futaba digital rx and its pretty small, almost as small as the novak xxl . I see you are using the K tank and the rd pipe like me, did you have to space the engine for the header to clearthe rear of the tank ? My RB's and Sirrio had to be spaced to clear the tank.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Receiver Box

BB....I apologize. It's an RPM box not GPM. Duh! Anyways, no, no spacing was required for the engine or pipe to clear the tank. I am running the Novarossi NS12 5 port. It's not broke in yet but seems very fast. Murnan worked it for me before I fired it up. I am also running a Kfactory centax which caused all kinds of clearance problems. Good thing I'm an ex-tool and die maker and work in a manufacturing facility. If you have any questions feel free to email directly if you wish.
Old 08-01-2003, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Chassis Pics with RPM Receiver Box

Originally posted by jcrouse
Here are a couple pics of my chassis with an RPM receiver box. I mounted the switch in the box so it wasn't exposed. The receiver was a tight fit in the box so I milled .005 from both sides of the inside of the box.
Jcrouse, that looks awesome! Pretty sure that Rx box is the RPM hopup for the Team GT, I like the looks of that much better than stock. We found that the left rear tranny brace has to be shaved for clearance with the centax setup and the engine mounts need more clearance to allow for the endplay of the clutchbell. Those issues and the clearance of the throttle servo will be fixed in the next run.

Hooked on, got your message and sent email, thanks!

Number 11, I used a carbide cutter on my dremel to take out the rounded spots next to the servo blocks and that seemed to cure the tightness trouble at the steering servo.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and advice!
Old 08-01-2003, 05:08 AM
Tech Addict

Jim,

I seem to be having trouble getting my throttle servo in? I have both a Hitec 303 & a Futuba 3003. The futuba goes all the way in, but sits high off the alloy mounts, do i need to use a couple of blocks and the Hitec is worse? What servos were the chassis designed around and would getting another servo be the best option..

Andrew
Old 08-01-2003, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Oh and with the receiver box, we use the nuts and screws supplied with the chassis?
Old 08-01-2003, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Andrew use two spacer's to fill the space between the chassis and the servo ears.

Boy are you in for a treat.........
Old 08-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Do i need to use the spacers for the steering servo?
Old 08-01-2003, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Charge the battery pack up and bring all down the track either sat arvo or sun.
Or call me!
Old 08-01-2003, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by hooked_on
Jim,

I seem to be having trouble getting my throttle servo in? I have both a Hitec 303 & a Futuba 3003. The futuba goes all the way in, but sits high off the alloy mounts, do i need to use a couple of blocks and the Hitec is worse? What servos were the chassis designed around and would getting another servo be the best option..

Andrew
Here's the problem I found (see pic) so I took my carbide cutter bit in my dremel and cut the curves out so the corners are square, now any servo should go in there. My Hitec 605BB fits and it's bigger than most. I'm doing this to all the Chassis's I send out from now on. You can probably do it with a small grinding stone bit if you don't have a carbide bit. You still should use the kit spacers though or the servo will be flush or even lower than the bottom of the Chassis. Sorry I didn't pick up on this sooner!
Attached Thumbnails The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!-chassis5.jpg  
Old 08-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Oh and with the receiver box, we use the nuts and screws supplied with the chassis?
Yes, that's what those are for.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Do i need to use the spacers for the steering servo?
No spacers needed on the steering servo, here's the pic of the setup for that...
Attached Thumbnails The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!-chassiservo.jpg  
Old 08-01-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

i would put some threal lock on it as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.