Nitro TC3 shipping today!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro TC3 shipping today!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

I agree Tony, granted Barry is a great driver but to go out in its first public appearance and have a good showing is nothing to sneeze at.

-Kerry
Old 12-16-2001, 09:04 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Actually I think it was 1 or 2 laps ahead of the next guy. Well thats what I've been hearing mostly around. 6 laps is too much...
Old 12-16-2001, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It was actually 1.5 laps ahead of Swauger. The next driver was 6 laps down.
Old 12-17-2001, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sounds like Kerry is a big Associated lover....
Granted I own 2 associated, but you cannot judge the performance of a Nitro Tourer from one race, especially when it is being driven by one of the best. Barry probably would have whipped everyone with a CEN car. I do have a question for all of you Associtaed guys... How do you account for the fuel tank being offset for the Driveshaft, all of the the top notch nitro cars have it in the center for handling reasons.....

Thanks
Old 12-17-2001, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

Its a catch-22 isn't it. The theory is that the benefit of the center mount tank is offset by the advantage of having the driveshaft. You could have an off-center drive shaft but that creates all kinds of other geometery and torque issues. An offset tank does change the handling slightly during the race as the weight shifts. With electric, using 2400 cells, you have to adjust your driving a lot as the cell voltage changes during the race. I think good drivers can adapt easily enough.

As for me being an Associated lover, sticks and stones man.
I have driven a number of cars and my weekly racer is an Associated TC3 by choice not by sponsorship. So if the shoe fits I guess.
Old 12-17-2001, 09:02 AM

Default Tank Offset

The tank offset is there. It will be interesting to see how much of a role it plays. Even most of the beltdrivers out there don't have really centered tanks. One thing's for sure it should make for very quick pit stops, since the fuel cap should be right under the cooling hole in the windshield. I have heard that shaft drives are extremely quick, even in this overpowered class(based on factory TGRs). The other thing is that this car will be very light which makes for even more speed.
Old 12-17-2001, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

The tank position on the TC3 is ONE of the reasons the car is as good as it is. It does make pit stops EXTREMELY quick, and, as some of you know, that can make or break a race.

As OB42TC3 pointed out, the shaft car is known for it's very fast acceleration. All gas cars (that I can think of at the moment) use 3 belts. You have drag, you have belt expansion...all that for a centered tank (or a more central tank setup). It should be interesting, but I think the weight of the fuel may not be enough to REALLY offset the car.

Just built mine. Goes together REALLY well. I'm extremely excited to get this thing out and onto the tarmac to do some runs!!!!
Old 12-17-2001, 02:46 PM

Hey guys I too I'm a die hard Ae racer but haven't been in the sport but 4 years. When the Trinity TC3 gas conversion came out I was one of the first to have one. After some mods on the brakes,(rc10GT stuff] to conversion was unreal and very well balanced! You can tweak the car empty half full or full of fuel and theres no difference in tweak or driving to notice, it should be a good car.
Old 12-17-2001, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

The Trinity TC3 Nitro Conversion is a sweet conversion but can hardly compare to the Nitro TC3 car. The only parts from the original TC3 that can be botled to the new chassis are the diff housings. The guts of the diffs are completely new. In fact, I think only the top op the diff housing is the same.
Old 12-17-2001, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Wow... got alot of good feedback on that. It looks to be a good car... Not for me.. but good none the less.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2001, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

The tops of the diff housings are different, also. The bottoms are the same. It does use the same shaft input cups!!!!

Oh, ya, and the droop screws are the same, also!
Old 12-17-2001, 03:56 PM

KG was'nt trying to compare the 2, just trying to clear up the tank location deal, which I do not think will play a major role in tweak as they both are sorta set up the same, the real difference I see is all the extra unsprung weight the NTC3 has compared to the Conversion due to pivot ball setup. If I can take a conversion and race with and be a contender to win each week against all the other manufactures cars on tracks with less than 150ft. straights, the NTC3 should be unstoppable on any track any where!! Just wish I was'nt so far east so I could get my hands on mine before or by Christmas!!! It looks like I won't get it until after the first of the new year, And that sucks, it was suppose to be a Christmas present!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2001, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

That is seriously bummin'. I have talked to the guys at the factory and they are pushing out as many units as humanly possible to try to fill the thousands of orders that are out there. I would suggest calling Ultimate Hobbies (http://www.ultimatehobbies.com), they will probably have their first shipment today or tomorrow. You will pay shipping but at least you won't have to pay sales tax as they are in California. That and their prices are really good as well.
Old 12-17-2001, 04:08 PM

Hey Toney are the guts to the diffs really different too? everything I've read says the diffs are the same, but if the new car uses the same cvds something has to be different, the diff drives longer? Also does the rear nonpullstart kit come with the 2 speed or is that extra? Did you get the blade type swaybar? I use the megatec rear torsional bar set up it is sweet!! I think that type of swaybar is the only way to go it really works not just for looks!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2001, 07:09 PM

Thanks Kerry for the info! I tried ultimate and they said not yet maybe tomorrow but nothing for sure. I'll try them again tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.