Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Best Car?

I hope this doesnt cause to big of a debate but I am curious as to which is the best car for the below categories:

Durability

If building from a kit, ease of building it

setting up for races (toe in/out, camber, caster, etc)

RTR cars

Last but not least, all around car
Old 06-01-2003, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Best Car?

Originally posted by alucard13
I hope this doesnt cause to big of a debate but I am curious as to which is the best car for the below categories:

Durability

RTR cars

actually this is a simple question! first you need to compare them in somewhat the same level, say adjustablilty,(pivot balls susp), and the most important issue that you need to find out is parts availablity! talk to your LHS see which car they stock up for parts.

the reason to this is say you got an awesome kit with a great price but you cant get replacement parts then it is a problem! also some brand does cost more on replacement parts ie: snake.

hope that helps
Old 06-01-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have an NTC3 and i love it. but i was asking to see what other people liked and what other manufacturers people liked in terms of the above categories.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

His first criteria was durability. I don't think TC3 and durability belong in the same sentence.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ChrisF
His first criteria was durability. I don't think TC3 and durability belong in the same sentence.
its held up to my driving pretty well.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Best Car?

Originally posted by alucard13

Durability
I've owned a few, loaned one and tested a couple of the current batch of nitro TC and I have to say, as far as durability is concerned, nothing beats a Serpent, althought, I recently acquired an NTC3 RTR and I have been pleasantly surprised by its 'durability'. It is tougher then most people say it is. I think, its the way people describe the damage and the manner in which it was done.....these can be exaggerated and taken way out of context since there is no benchmark.

I only have experience building the Serpent and a V-1-R, and ease of building for the 2 are about equal, althought Kyosho parts tend to require less hand fitting.

all the current crop of nitro TC have pretty much the same amount of tune-ability(?) and once you learn them, its quite easy to tune any of these cars esp. where the wheels and suspension system are concerned.

RTR cars

I had a Streetforce ARTR and now the NTC3 RTR, the NTC3 wins, hands down. I wish Serpent would release an RTR so that everybody can drive a durable car....but then, the aftermarket guys would be furious!

An all round car, now this is tough. If you exclude parts support, aftermarket hopups and drivestyle preference, then I think, they're all the same. Everthing else is down to tyres, gearing, HP and setup. Just make sure you know the difference between a 'race' car and a not so 'raceable' car (all cars are inherently made for racing...its just a matter of will/intent.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Morpheus2be

Great review. I have to agree. The serpent from what i've heard is the most durable. I also agree with you on the ntc3 issue. Reports of the damage and the way it hapened may be exaggerated. My ntc3 has held up quite well. I try not to go full speed when i don't need to. thanx again for the review
Old 06-01-2003, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I took my ntc3 to race today for the first time, and hearing peoples complaning it brake easy really amazed me how durable it actually is. Man she can take some beating and at the end I just broke a tank which ended my day but the weather getting bad anyway. I'll take my 705 out some day hope it wiil be a bit tougher.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Ducati998
Yeah I took my ntc3 to race today for the first time, and hearing peoples complaning it brake easy really amazed me how durable it actually is. Man she can take some beating and at the end I just broke a tank which ended my day but the weather getting bad anyway. I'll take my 705 out some day hope it wiil be a bit tougher.
Yes, the 705 is anytime tougher

The NTC3 tank breaking problem when brushed side ways is a very common thing here. They are very fast but what is speed if you cannot finnish a race?
Old 06-01-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Best Car?

Originally posted by Morpheus2be
[BI only have experience building the Serpent and a V-1-R, and ease of building for the 2 are about equal, althought Kyosho parts tend to require less hand fitting. [/B]
Morpheus2be, you forget the reason why the Serpent parts need to be hand fitted... They last longer and the parts rarely show any wearing to develop any play in them
Old 06-01-2003, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Best Car?

this is a little like the "egg or the chicken" argument. what came first, what is better.....